It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help finding a certain song from the 1980's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
looking for this song on and off for the past few months....I don't know the name of the band or even the name of the song itself...I have waded through loads of 80's music on you tube and still cannot find it...It was a popular song I used to hear on the radio back then...so its not a remote song....the only thing I can remember is a lyric in the song about when the time comes hide up your religion and teach it to your children in the basement...The song was about war or big brother and/or communism...does this ring a bell for any one??? It was a good song and I would love to hear it again...Thanx...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I think this might be the one.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

YES!!! YOU ARE AWESOME THATS THE SONG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It was really driving me nuts...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This song fits as well in these times as it did back then...The line about church and state really gets to me...We would talk about that back then as a possibility of that happening and when church and state combined would be a major event a sign that would be a huge domino bump...and well it happened and dominoes have been falling hard and fast since...
edit on 8/9/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
style of the song sounds like Michael Cretu (ENIGMA)
nice indeed
edit on 9-8-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Glad I could help. It is a great tune. Mike and the Mechanics had a few hits back then. The guitarist is Mike Rutherford from Genesis. It's his side project and they are actually still out touring (although w/ a different lineup). Cheers!

new topics

top topics

join