It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Admits In Hearing - Using News To Manipulate the USA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
CIA Admits Using News To Manipulate the USA In 1975 that is... As long as man breathes air there will be corruption in government. I hope you enjoy this glimpse from the past like I did.

The best part, and hearing is at 32 seconds.

edit on 9-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Also of note here would be the Tavistock Institute.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Institute was founded in 1946 by a group of key figures at the Tavistock Clinic including Elliott Jaques, Henry Dicks, Leonard Browne, Ronald Hargreaves, John Rawlings Rees, Mary Luff and Wilfred Bion, with Tommy Wilson as chairman, funded by a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation. Other well-known names that joined the group later were John D. Sutherland, John Bowlby, Eric Trist, and Fred Emery. Kurt Lewin, a member of the Frankfurt school in America, was an important influence on the work of the Tavistock, according to Eric Trist, who expresses his admiration for Lewin in his autobiography.

Many of these founding members of the Tavistock Institute went on to play major roles in psychology. John Rawlings Rees became first president of the World Federation for Mental Health.[1]

Jock Sutherland became director of the new post-war Tavistock Clinic, when it was incorporated into the newly established British National Health Service in 1946. Ronald Hargreaves became deputy director of the World Health Organization. Tommy Wilson became chairman of the Tavistock Institute.

The above is just a wiki generalizing and glossing over the finer points but I hope ATSers can take a hint and dig a little.

-FBB

PS

The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations: Shaping the Moral, Spiritual, Cultural, and Political
– January 1, 1999
by John Coleman
www.amazon.com...

7/7 attacks: The Tavistock Square bombing
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 9-8-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Well, here in 2013 - it ain't working.

Who believes anything the gov't says anymore? A third of the country? Maybe.

You can bet almost half of the country is really starting to believe that the gov't is the problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

You can bet almost half of the country is really starting to believe that the gov't is the problem.

The government needs fixing and good. Rand Paul is pushing for term limitations again with a petition. I suppose this would be a start. Many young politicians are eager to do the right thing. But once they are exposed to all the temptations it is only a matter of time before they bite. Well, I would like to think not all of them. The term limitations would keep our representatives ideas fresh and their motives for the good of the people..

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I'm not able to view videos at the moment. Did they mention Operation Mockingbird?

The government has continued this practice of producing fake news stories which are then broadcast by the media and its not just the CIA which makes use of "video news releases".

edit on 9-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge that the CIA used these tricks for propaganda and misdirection?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber
I thought it was common knowledge that the CIA used these tricks for propaganda and misdirection?

You are just totally missing the point of this nostalgic retro video. This was exposed 40 years ago, so for those of us that remember, this isn't news. But for the youngster, this is just a little eye opener they may have never realized existed.

So what is the significance of this? Don't ever trust your government and don't ever trust your MSM. And don't discount smaller news sources such as blogs, they may be the only ones telling the truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by Happy1

The government needs fixing and good. Rand Paul is pushing for term limitations again with a petition. I suppose this would be a start. Many young politicians are eager to do the right thing. But once they are exposed to all the temptations it is only a matter of time before they bite. Well, I would like to think not all of them. The term limitations would keep our representatives ideas fresh and their motives for the good of the people..

I'm against term limits.

For one simple reason, we already have them. They're commonly referred to as elections. If people are too retarded to vote out of office piss-poor representatives they get what they deserve. The problem isn't a lack of term limits, it's an ignorant electorate.

edit on 9-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You know what else this video signifies to me? My total distrust of the MSM for reporting the truth. Likely our government has "advanced" in this respect and control the news let alone feeding articles to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The news is all the same any more, its like they are reading from a script. Yet, it is surprising how many people believe the news, believe and trust the government. It makes me wonder how efficient their mind control program really is.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

So the whole nation should suffer because the electorate in a few districts aren't aware enough to vote out some dinosaur who has sat in office for half his life and contributed nothing but adding to the greed and corruption? Sounds like a silly reason to be opposed to term limits. Term limits work out well in every other political office that they are applied, so please tell me a good reason why they shouldn't be implemented here.

Also elections are not term limits. You can vote someone out of office one election, but they can turn around and run for the same seat again the next election. That isn't a term limit.
edit on 9-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

So the whole nation should suffer because the electorate in a few districts aren't aware enough to vote out some dinosaur who has sat in office for half his life and contributed nothing but adding to the greed and corruption? Sounds like a silly reason to be opposed to term limits. Term limits work out well in every other political office that they are applied, so please tell me a good reason why they shouldn't be implemented here.

Also elections are not term limits. You can vote someone out of office one election, but they can turn around and run for the same seat again the next election. That isn't a term limit.

I didn't say I was opposed to term limits. I just stated the obvious that we already have them, they are called elections.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I didn't say I was opposed to term limits. I just stated the obvious that we already have them, they are called elections.

um...

I'm against term limits.

Not sure what else that sentence can mean, but to me and anyone else who understands English it should mean that you are opposed to term limits. In any case, you HONESTLY believe that our election system works well enough to regulate out the scum from Congress? And when it fails because some districts failed to show up and vote, the whole nation should suffer from these scum being reelected? It's not just the people in their district who "get what they deserve," it's the whole country because these yahoos vote for things like Obamacare which effects the whole nation. Term limits can only improve our political process.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

It means I am against "term limit legislation", not limiting the term of someone in office. As already stated, every person who has ever been elected in this nation had a term limit via popular vote in their district or state. The problem with term limit legislation is that when the rare gem comes along they can't serve in office longer than the law allows.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
great post but no surprise.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The difference is now we have the internet, Why do you think there is such a push to control and monitor it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Operation Mockingbird, we all know it and the CIA has already been busted using the media to influence the hearts & minds of the American people, which is illegal since the CIA is not allowed to operate domestically. But no biggy, the corrupt American Govt doesn't care about rules or law so they do as they please.

It is good to rehash this story though to either remind people or inform them of the CIA's agenda.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So you are against term limits because we could potentially limit those few diamonds in the rough from doing any good? That's like not sending any criminals to jail so you don't send a potentially innocent man to jail. It's not like it matters anyways, even if these diamonds exist in Congress, that is one person against many corrupt politicians. They won't get anything accomplished anyways. In any case, we haven't had term limits in Congress since the nation was founded and look what our leaders have accomplished. Our government is one of the most corrupt governments of our history. We can't get anything accomplished without having some HUGE partisan debate or attaching some stupid rider onto bills to give out more money. Yea just relying on elections to kick out bad politicians has worked out so well for us.

Answer me this, if there was a national vote tomorrow to implement term limits in Congress, would you vote yes or no on it?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

So vote them out! Lol

Answer me this, if there was a national vote tomorrow to implement term limits in Congress, would you vote yes or no on it?

I've already said I don't support term limit legislation.
edit on 9-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

How am I supposed to vote out people from California? or New York? or Texas? You are failing to see my point, these guys voted in by their inattentive electorate effect EVERYONE. Not to mention my own electorate is inattentive. I would love more than anything to kick out Barbara Mikulski or Ben Cardin.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join