It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*New Japan Tsunami Video*- Wave starts out small, but then...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Anybody else see the man with a dog down by the water at the beginning? I really hope they made it back in time. This is insane footage.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It is so crazy, when you watch like a Hollywood movie and they have these huge waves that wipe everything out in an instant and it is scary.

But this, is a thousand times more frightening. That small wave just creeping forward at the start, it really looks like it is barely moving, until you see it slam into those boats and the bridge. And then just the slow, slow rising of the water and the steady increase in pace. The water just chipping away at everything around you, the world literally crumbling around you.

I am amazed I did not notice anyone just losing their mind and going nuts up there.....I might have been.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
can we be sure that this is not computer generated video? I have to say there
are many suspicious looking points where it looks to me that this indeed could be the case.
it doesn't make sense to me how the water can keep coming and coming and
building and building. some previous video has been exposed as cgi (search youtube)
so that this also might be is not such a stretch afterall.

and we know that they easily have the capabilities to fake such 'disaster' footage
as is evidenced by the many disaster movies produced in recent times!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

TopsyTurvyOne
can we be sure that this is not computer generated video?

Really sure? No.

But I don't see any reason for this to be computer generated, these things happen.

building and building.

Then I suggest you read about tsunamis, it's a good opportunity to learn something new.

and we know that they easily have the capabilities to fake such 'disaster' footage

The disaster movies do not look natural, I have yet to see one realistic movie.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Stupid people standing near the river like that - looking to get good video. He should have been running a hell of a lot sooner than he did - he was lucky to find a place that was safe within distance.

Normalcy bias - at least people who have seen video like this should have a better idea of what to expect from a tsunami and a surge tide - if you wait around to 'see' whats happening, chances are you just got your stupid self killed.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Really terrifying!

But WTH is that blueish "thing" climbing out of the water and into the building at 10:32 to 10:50 min?

It was not blue, it was white because it was a wave that shot up. I still love all your posts though bro, you kill me.
~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TopsyTurvyOne

I got a friend that can help you. Now relax, stop and just listen for a minute, he's a doctor and he specializes in the treatment of paranoid schizophrenia.
Oh, and this video is 100% real too. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
3 minutes in, watching that cute little wave toss those boats around like little toys is surreal.....

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Lesson here, Don't # with mother nature.

Also mother nature is pissed and it's taking back the world from us.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
those video's scare the crap out of me
yet.....
i cant look away. so unreal.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
That was intense. I think we need a building code in seismically active areas that requires property owners near the ocean to keep a canoe or raft on the roof. I certainly don't feel so safe considering I live on a creek that's fed by the ocean here in Los Angeles. Scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyTurvyOne
are many suspicious looking points where it looks to me that this indeed could be the case.
building and building. some previous video has been exposed as cgi (search youtube)

I think that it's real...

But the only way to tell for sure is to know where this occurred exactly, then do a "Google Map" street view and compare.
----------------------------
p.s. I think this should have been put in the Japan news forum, but that's just me.
edit on 9/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I hear ya dude. It takes me a whopping ten minutes to rollerblade to the ocean here. Videos like that scare the crap out of my. If that were to happen here, my flat little town would be washed off the map in minutes. I prefer not to think about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Ditto. My apartment directly overlooks a creek that is a little less than 2 miles from the ocean. It takes no more than 30 minutes to run down to the beach. I remember when the tsunami hit it caused the sea level to surge into the waterway and that's with a barrier no less in front protecting the marina. I remember thinking, "What in the world does this look like in Japan?" Now I know. Terrifying.
edit on 9-8-2013 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Really terrifying!

But WTH is that blueish "thing" climbing out of the water and into the building at 10:32 to 10:50 min?

Incredible and unusual behavior!!

Scary!!
edit on 9-8-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

Well to be fair - considering that it might be some type of pressurized canister releasing some sort of gas (which is most likely) - you can see that the bottom of the apparition is flowing in the same direction and rate of the water.

However what really makes it weird is that the bottom of the apparition seems to hold it's shape as if it were a sort of solid united form. If it were a canister shooting gas or smoke shouldn't it create like a trail of gas/smoke as it flowed down the stream as opposed to a defined shape.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyTurvyOne

Man, I thought I had heard all the crazy conspiracy theories possible, here at ATS, and then here you go with this mindblower. Try looking at some photos of the wreckage and debris after the tsunami. As others have suggested, try doing some reading on the subject and educate yourself, rather than jumping to the conclusion that this is some CGI-baked conspiracy/hoax.

Where did all the water come from? The ocean. There were waves/crests of water as high as 100 feet along the coast. All of this water was obviously channeled up some river(s) from the ocean. Way out at sea, the amplitude of this wave may only be 10 centimeters or perhaps a meter at most, but it's wavelength or areal extent can be 100's of kilometers, and along a wavefront of hundreds of kilometer as well. This makes for a whole lot of water that has to go somewhere as it builds up onshore, particularly near funnel-shaped river mouths.

Did you see some of the news helicopter video footage of the tsunami surge along the coast that was broadcast just after this event happened? Was that all CGI too? You also think all the people killed and missing and all the property damage was fake? So were hurricanes Sandy and Katrina also hoaxes, as are all of these summer wild fires and tornadoes and the destruction that they wrought?

Please provide examples of the suspicious-looking points in the video. Tsunamis are a well-documented and very hazardous phenomena, and there have been numerous, extremely well-documented cases of them in recent years. Just because you can't get your head around the notion of the power of nature, doesn't mean you have to jump to the conclusion that it is a CGI hoax.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I saw one of those "sprouts" as well, toward the end. There is a young man in the foreground, with an apartment behind him. It looks like a whales breath.

I think it's where the whirlpools have made the center vortex that is exhausted by forward momentum. Water filling the center suddenly, and shooting a sprout.

The only thing I really know about hydraulics is water wins. Which shows true in this video as clearly as anything.

Great Find

The massive amounts of water forced into the street drains will and does blow manhole covers off and that is likely what you are seeing.
The water is coming in from the sea and forcing its way into smaller and smaller pipes displacing the air in the drainage pipes
This air has to go someplace.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
That is so scary.. mother nature when angry is unforgiven

That thing happens before the one people have said.. looks like sea spray to me.
10:32/33 between the trees..

edit on 10-8-2013 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I saw that too Arken.

Thought it was VERY weird, even more so when i slowed it down and zoomed in with VLC.

Reminded me of someone or something 'cloaked' climbing out of the water, and jumping on to the roof.

Don't know about water elementals or that sort of thing, but it does look as though 'something' is climbing out of the water just in the nick of time.

For me there's just a couple of possibilities..down to earth first; A piece of transparent (and obviously wet) plastic sheet, sarin wrap type stuff being blown about...water spray hitting the shack door and being directed upwards...or something like that.

Now, not so down to earth..work is being feverishly done in various labs around the world on quantum physics, teleportation and...time travel.

If and when time travel (or dimensional shifting) does become a reality and reverse time travel is possible...then throughout our history, time travellers could well have been present as hidden observers, this could be one of them, cloaked in a technological cloak / plasmonic suit of some kind.

If you were from the future, even the fairly near future, you'd have knowledge which buildings, including the one with the red roof doesn't get swept away by the tsunami, and know it will be a safe place to be.

Water elemental? Haven't a clue about them, but there are stranger things between heaven and earth than are dreamt of in my philosophy.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
68 years ago yesterday they dropped a nuke on japan if you can believe the rumors and data tptb exploded a nuke underwater to stop the motor companys releasing a cheap hydrogen car .

they could not make up their minds as to the power of the earthquake that caused the tsunami 9 then 8 then 9again but it did little structural damage unlike kobe that destroyed 120 miles ???

edit on 10/8/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join