It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*New Japan Tsunami Video*- Wave starts out small, but then...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Video starts out with water having already receded from a small river. This happens of course because of what was about to come.

Then- "Oh that wave's just a small one coming down the river... No big deal."

Uh huh. Watch.

edit on Fri Aug 9th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wow! OMG..what about those guys standing by the tree?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I think everyone thought how strange with the river seeming to recede and stranger still when the slightly large wave starts coming down.
Most people probably thought it would be something to tell the grandkids and couldn't see the devastation and tragedy soon to follow.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The sheer power of mother nature is incredible!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I Watched that with such wide eyed intensity I hadn't realized how shallow I was breathing till it was over.

I almost feel I get a strange ASMR response from watching nature destroy itself and everything in its way.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by synnergy

Pray they could swim.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
REAL LIFE.....not some silly Hollywood disaster movie with over paid actors pouncing around on sets....

An incredible piece of film, savagely scary and amazing at the same time....

The glow from the fires in the last minute or so (later in evening) reminiscent of the cities bombed in WW2.

Where do you start to clean up .......?

PDUK

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm not sure what is worse.
Fleeing the water to stand on top of a building with no means to escape.
Or watching the blaze while standing on top of a building next to the blaze with no means of escape due to the wave.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the view. I was on my pitty pot today about the sad state my world is in. This straightened me right up.

Nothing like a 9.0 earthquake to rattle everything, an ocean to flush all the debris away and a fire to burn whats left.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Really terrifying!

But WTH is that blueish "thing" climbing out of the water and into the building at 10:32 to 10:50 min?

Incredible and unusual behavior!!

Scary!!
edit on 9-8-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Really terrifying!

But WTH is that blueish "thing" climbing out of the water and into the building at 10:32 to 10:50 min?

Scary!!

I tried to screen capture it too - but my tablet is being weird.. The same 'phenomena' happens about 30 seconds later, off to the right between the housings, as if it "jumped" again into another place.

At 10:42 you can watch this white-wavey thing flow in the water then at about 10:45 it jumps up, changes direction to the left a bit and disperses onto the top of the shack. If you watch about 15 seconds later, the shack gets whiped out.

The youtube people are saying thigns like; water-elemental, ghost, spirit.. We've heard stories where disasters come, there is "angel like" precense that come and save one who cannot save themselves, maybe someone was in that shack or house for shelter?

Idk, Ive never seen water or 'vapor' behave like that, also alter its direction in mid air. Again, watch it in the background, off to the right, between the homes in relation to the first 10:45 point. I think its somewhere around 11:20-11:40

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Really terrifying!

Scary!!

I saw that too and at first thought it was something climbing out of the water. However, after watching it several times it looks more like some type of steam being released under pressure causing the horizontal movement. Then it starts to rise and quickly dissipate.

Although I'm sure others are going to stick to their water elemental explanation.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Astonishing demonstration of the forces of nature TrueAmerican. 1 hopes all who were in its path found safety. Noticed something @ about 10:43-10:51 near tree on left splash in front of building on right of tree. The splash just caught the eyes..

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I literally had heart palpitations that whole 24mins, I have nightmares of that scenario - that being said, freaking amazing footage - you'd have to be feeling pretty lucky to be alive after that, it really would look like the end of the world in the dark with all those burning buildings around you.

Thanks for sharing TA!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

ok. THAT was absolutely insane !!!

Probably dozens over dozens of bodies floating around, people being burned alive in the fires that followed...

Scary isn't even an appropriate word. Nightmare comes to mind. No. The WORST nightmare.

Nature can be both beautiful and deadly. My mind cannot even imagine what it would have been like to be in the middle of all of this.

S&F. Unreal footage !!!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I saw one of those "sprouts" as well, toward the end. There is a young man in the foreground, with an apartment behind him. It looks like a whales breath.

I think it's where the whirlpools have made the center vortex that is exhausted by forward momentum. Water filling the center suddenly, and shooting a sprout.

The only thing I really know about hydraulics is water wins. Which shows true in this video as clearly as anything.

Great Find

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
WOW. That was amazing.

- I saw the ghostie thing. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a spirit of a person who had just died.

- I felt bad for the cops screaming at people to get away from the river. People weren't listening.

- That fella was lucky he got on top of that four story building instead of standing on some brick wall like those other two fellas did. Wonder what happened to them??

- WHAT A MESS!

- Those fires! The smoke made it look like it was night time. Unreal.

- I wish I still remembered my Japanese from when I lived over there. I'd love to translate what the people were saying while this was being recorded.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken you sure have a keen set of eyes. That was odd, at first I thought nah just a wave. Then I viewed it in full screen and noticed its odd behavior.

Good find, very peculiar .

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals

Really terrifying!

Scary!!

I saw that too and at first thought it was something climbing out of the water. However, after watching it several times it looks more like some type of steam being released under pressure causing the horizontal movement. Then it starts to rise and quickly dissipate.

Although I'm sure others are going to stick to their water elemental explanation.

Most likely seawater (in this case a wave) coming into contact with some sort of high tension electricity cable/electricity sub station?

Anything can happen wehen water and electricity meet unitentionally

edit on 9-8-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I saw that too but it reminded me more of smoke/steam one would see when a ship sinks. Operating machinery that suddenly is engulfed with cold water in a space where the air is pushed out due to the incoming airpressure.

But a spirit or angel or whatever well its more exciting. However I don't think the word exciting is really appropriate in this situation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join