It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weeks long DHS drill coming to Austin Tx

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I just heard about this on the Ground Zero radio show this evening so I had to come to ATS, do a search, and post this story. This is the only reference I could find to this on the web other than Infowars but it would seem that since the local Austin Tx news TV station is covering the story it must have some merit. Granted the news story is less than a paragraph but I feel that this is definitely worth mentioning.

Austin Homeland Security to perform terror threat drills

AUSTIN -- Homeland Security in Austin is getting ready to perform some drills. Over the next few weeks the federal agency will test response plans for terror threats. The FBI and local law enforcement will help. The Department of Public Safety says if you see anything suspicious, you should still call police.

I find the fact that this drill is to be ongoing over several weeks to be rather strange, and combined with other recent events such as the closing of numerous embassies around the world based off a "specific" threat I can't help but wonder if something major isn't about to happen. By major I don't mean an actual attack by Al Qaeda but either a false flag or a major dive in our banking system, or maybe even (I know it may sound far fetched) a complete declaration of Martial Law is coming.

Now I know that they would need more DHS agents in cities other than just Austin but like I said the fact that this is to be an extended exercise over several weeks is very odd. Unless Im mistaken all the other previous drills around the nation were only day long events.

Now it was also just announced tonight that the embassy in Pakistan is closing due to a "specific" terror threat that was just received today.

US Diplomats ordered to leave Pakistani embassy in light of terror threat

WASHINGTON — The State Department on Thursday warned Americans not to travel to Pakistan and ordered nonessential government personnel to leave the U.S. Consulate in Lahore because of a specific threat to that diplomatic mission.

One interesting point in this story is the blatant double speak or out and out lie that is told and how 2 paragraphs in the story completely contradict themselves:

government personnel to leave the U.S. Consulate in Lahore because of a specific threat to that diplomatic mission.

So according to this statement the Consulate is being closed due to a "specific threat to that diplomatic mission."

Yet in the next paragraph the story says:

precautionary measure and wasn’t related to the recent closures of numerous U.S. diplomatic missions

and that

The consulate in Lahore was scheduled to be closed for the Eid holiday from Thursday through Sunday and no reopening had been scheduled

So it was scheduled to be closed from Thursday through Sunday but no reopening had been scheduled? Can someone please explain to me how exactly it can be that the closure would last til Sunday but no reopening had been planned?

It seems that the tyrants in DC have become so blazen in what they are doing that they do not even attempt to get their lies straight anymore. That in itself is cause for significant worry.

Ever since I came back home the start of this week I have been reading following the embassy closures and the claim of specific terror threats and as I said I find this very odd for several reasons. First of all if it were truly a specific threat why would we be closing all of our embassies in so many countries? It sure doesn't sound like the threat or information of a threat is very specific since the US State Dept is issuing blanket closures.

I also find it very odd that the US would close the embassy in Israel since that is the only one of the embassies that would have nearly immediate security and fire support if there was a repeat of the Bengazi incident. Being that Israel is a close ally to the US it would seem to be the most secure of the embassies listed.

Right now the tyrants in DC need 2 things. They need a distraction from the NSA spy scandal and they need a way to justify their illegal acts of spying on the American public. What better way to accomplish both at once than to have a manufactured event or a "foiled" event to justify and distract from their actions.

Now I am not saying that what I have said is going to happen but it is a possibility and I think we all need to be vigilant in the coming weeks. This may be nothing and perhaps I am just being overwhelmed by all the crap in the news that I came home to. Only time will tell what this all means but myself personally I will have everything prepped and ready as always in case something big does go down.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, I live in Austin right now so I will keep my ears open and eyes peeled.

I'll keep following this and let anyone know if anything weird happens.
All is very quiet right now outside (midnight).

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Someone here either did a thread or posted in a thread that maybe we received word that Israel was gonna blow Iran's nuclear works and would explain the closing of the embassies.

It would make sense because, should that happen, "terror" actions would take on a whole new dimension in that they wouldn't be so much "planned" by dedicated groups, but spring up out of hot tempers and the WW III atmosphere such an action will most likely create.

That's the feeling I haven't been able to shake since I read it. I hope it ain't so.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Paranoia - maybe DHS is moving in foreign armed troops from Mexico to kick our asses -

I wish I was just kidding.

Blow up the reserve oil containers?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Well Alex Jones is going to have a some very interesting radio coming up when this gets to Austin..

It should be very entertaining to say the least...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well given recent history i will be watching for some sort of false flag event in or near to Austin then. Texas also a good state to target as it seems to be the most anti big govt too.

new topics

top topics

join