It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guy kills wife and posts picture of her body on facebook

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Very strange. Looking at his website on weebly and noted the "blog" link. It's filled with repeated links back to his website. It's almost compulsive like he's really trying hard to get people to look at what he wrote. This one:

Obviously discussing a typo but claiming it to be attentional. Narcissism indeed but something else going on there. Guy had serious issues:

As a gamer, not intending to start "games did it"-- the guy was mental. Period. Video just is very indicative of his relationship with his child. Definitely a narcissist. Toss in the books and the compulsiveness, I'm guessing the guy developed a messiah complex. Probably drove him absolutely nuts that he wasn't getting the attention that he felt the world so desperately needed. Last attempt at self promotion of his books on 8/2/2013 garnered him a total of 3 views with an average of 25s watch time. Bet that stung for the man so desperately wanting the world to hear him. Well, apparently we're hearing him now but in the context of a madman.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

One of those views was probably me.
I watched every one, for a short period of time.

Still thinkin' the Pathological form Of Narcissism.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

No he was armed and she wasn't. He doubtfully felt his life was in danger. Actually he said he had pointes it at her earlier and had the gun when she hit him.. so she probably was defending herself (if she ever touched him).

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie
DivisiveConformity , don't bother with Stuporhands. He is just a bickerer only looking to pick fights. Any thread he posts in he starts a fight, and that's what ALL of his contributions are in this community. I made him cry yesterday.

It was pretty obvious who was crying in that thread

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Absolutely but there's something far deeper than just narcissism, which was probably the underlying issue throughout his life. There is a very clear progression in his books.

1/06/2013--How I Saved Someone's Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication
2/28/2013--Humans Who Are Gifted and Can See the Supernatural Spirit Ghost World We Live in Called Ghost Haunted Adventures
3/22/2013--How a Judgmental and Selfish Attitude Is Destroying the World We Live in Because the World Is Vanishing Beneath Our Eyes
4/23/2013--Attention World Save Yourself
6/6/2013--World Just Ask Yourself Why We Are Living a Life Full of Lies and How I an Emotional Writer Made All of My Professional Dreams Come True Blocking Society's Teachings
7/1/2013--If the World Ended Today How Would You React to Saving the World or Helping the World or Would it All be Over for You

His compulsive posting again and again on his blog coincides with after the first book that address societal/world problems. After one month, he tries addressing the world directly. A month later, he's rapidly losing the ability to be cohesive, again addressing the world and citing specific perceived issues while lauding his "success" as being the basis for paying attention to him (narcissistic confabulation). The last book--the world ends. I think his temper blew but I think he posted on facebook to use the incident.

Overall, I'd say the guy was going through a full blown psychotic break. Some telling tidbits from that first world book in March:

Why is it the world we live in is so selfish? I can excuse the people that are distracted and not aware of this but I can't excuse those of you who are aware of this and are just selfish.

Huge red flag

Why is it that family is selfish and are not supporting and helping others excel and reach their dreams. It is because they are too busy being caught up in their own world.

Why is it we are so divided? Do you realize why we are going to war with other countries? Do you really understand? Why can't you just accept the truth? Why are you afraid to admit when you are wrong? Why can't you just be supportive rather than negative?
The world we live in is corrupted in so many ways. We are dictated to by society. We are controlled by a calendar or a time zone. We are not free as humans.

Source: www.barnesandnoble.com... es-derek-medina/1114910334?ean=9781608624829

Makes me wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back in March.

From his last book:

The author’s goal is to instruct on how we need to work together as a team and overcome the negative people destroying our world and how we can battle it out with those who are destroying our world. Our battle should be to get those who destroy our world day by day to join our team in saving our world.

His books are his manifestos. I've seen this before. As horrible as what he did is, he was capable of far worse. Now to go cleanse my mind. lol

P.S. Going to add one more thing. The only thing that shielded those he perceived as destroying the world was his confabulation about who he was. In his mind, he was the sensitive and compassionate individual, who loved animals. He shot his wife one month after writing that last book. If that event had not occurred, I wonder how much more he would've deteriorated from getting them to "join our team" to fighting his perceived corruption directly.

edit on 10/8/13 by WhiteAlice because: added the ps.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

What is this psychobabble? You are definitely making stuff up after the fact based on information that doesn't support your theories except loosely using as justification an event already having occurred.

He authored multiple books and liked to use social media, that is pretty much it.
edit on 10-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

If that's what you'd like to think but why don't you check for yourself to see what's up with his books before just presuming he was an ordinary author and social media user. It's all right there.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Well, I did say a Pathological form of Narcissism.
Not the low octane egocentric jerk.

I Think it's unfortunately just that simple.
We'll be hearing more about his relationships.
I'll bet that those that knew him just a little, thought he might be a decent guy.
And those that knew him better, will be telling us things that make perfect sense in hindsight.

He was a fragile personality, with gigantic delusions of Grandeur.
A loser, that deep inside, knew he was a loser, and overcompensated greatly.
Projecting himself as a winner, yet unable to receive any criticism in a normal way.

You don't tell a guy like that, that you are leaving him, in person.
You take your stuff and leave to Oregon, then have someone else mail your postcard from Topeka.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
His malignant narcissism is readily apparent in his post homicidal social networking posts. There is no grief or panic to be seen at all. No emotional reaction whatsoever. What is there is an attempt at spin, situational control, and appeal to sympathy.

It all appear exceptionally deliberate and cold - more concerned with how his act will be socially perceived than with the absolutely despicable nature of the act itself.

IMO this is a prime argument for the death penalty as this is a person who will never recognize their own wrongs and is incapable of external valuation.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I hope all of you know that these "psychiatric diagnosis" that you see here are just a bunch of crap. If you actually take the time too look into the DSM you can see that the mental diagnosis is a load of horse crap. Don't get me wrong this guy murdered his wife and he will do the time for it. But the armchair psychiatrists are funny. Just take the time too look up all these "metal illnesses" and see how they apply to almost everyone. Psychiatry is just a tool of the system to label everyone insane. Don't believe me? Just buy the latest copy of the DSM and see if you don't qualify under 10+ illnesses. You may hate me but just take the time and look it up.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The second page of the Miami Herald is interesting.

An acquaintance of Medina’s described him as “odd’’ and prone to violent outbursts. The friend, who would only give his first name, Joe, said he once saw Medina pull a gun on a woman who had accidentally spilled beer on his wife at a rock concert.

Joe said Medina’s behavior especially disturbed him when they were part of a softball league three years ago.

“He would stalk us,’’ Joe said. “He would hide in bushes and record us.’’

Source

All of his Youtube vids didn't have any real content in them. A lot of them are only a minute or less. I wonder if any of them are of his friend Joe being stalked at a softball game.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I actually agree with you that much of what is included in the DSM is stupid and that, yes, in a way the DSM could make it so that anybody had a mental illness. However, true mental illness, without the inclusion of the little habits or behaviors that we pick up through the experience of life, does exist. Narcissism is one of those mental illnesses. My mother is a narcissist and can be quite dangerous. There's one other thing that I want to point out. Medina's opinions on what ails the world isn't what made him dangerous. I'd say most people see the world as being at least somewhat filled with corruption or that people may be too selfish and so on. People who think those things are not mentally ill. If anything, they are pragmatic. The problem with Medina was that he was mentally ill and was displaying obsessive behaviors with that particular subject. Very important distinction.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Not sure what was going on there, i think we can both agree that it was some pretty good ranting for being black out drunk (i do a lot of posting like that)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join