It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are GMO's Really Killing the Bees?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I asked what the incentive would be. I guess you didn't read my response.

But If they provided well prepared and tasty meals at no cost to me. Sure. Probably eating loads of it already. Corn and soy products are pretty much guaranteed to be GMO. I know some of the fresh fruit and veggies I eat are.
That wouldn't be a controlled experiment though.

edit on 8/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I am curious about all the propositions for someone to live on an all GMO exclusive diet “insert time period here”.

Is that even possible? Are there that many different GMO crops? Would the study include beef that was fed GMOs because I have to eat my burgers, steak, pork chops, bacon and eggs, etcetera.

I wouldn’t have a problem doing it but I want an incentive for my time. Hey I would do it if the food was supplied free of charge that should be more than fair. I am sure I would need to give up some of my favorite foods because they are not available in GMO variety but I think it’s doable as long as I can have meat. I need seasonings if they aren’t already available in GMO variety.

So whoever can set that up U2U me and we can get started. NO FEAR!!!
FREE FOOD!!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kurius

I asked what the incentive would be. I guess you didn't read my response.

But If they provided well prepared and tasty meals at no cost to me. Sure.
That wouldn't be a controlled experiment though.

It could be controlled, for sure. A penalty could be imposed if subjects are found to consume anything else outside. The incentive would be free food supply.

There ought to be a thread "Will all GMO supporters enroll their families in a five-year exclusively GMO diet program?" I am curious how many would volunteer. I think most anti-GMO would quickly jump into a similar non-GMO food program without a pre-condition/expecting incentives other than the food.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

It could be controlled, for sure. A penalty could be imposed if subjects are found to consume anything else outside.
You don't understand the concept. With such an experiment there would be no way do determine what caused any "results" that may be found. Too many other variables.

There ought to be a thread "Will all GMO supporters enroll their families in a five-year exclusively GMO diet program?"

You've created a false dichotomy. While I don't think there is anything particularly harmful about GM foodstuffs. I'm not really a GMO "supporter" either.

I think most anti-GMO would quickly jump into a similar non-GMO food program without a pre-condition/expecting incentives other than the food.
Really? Just any old stuff as long as it isn't GMO?

If someone is going to ask me to change my eating habits by restricting my diet to GMO products, yeah. I want some incentive. Asking them to prepare it isn't asking too much.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

If someone is going to ask me to change my eating habits by restricting my diet to GMO products, yeah. I want some incentive. Asking them to prepare it isn't asking too much.

How about a lifetime diet of TV dinners where you only have to heat them up? However, these TV dinners are only prepared using GMO grains, vegetables, and the meat of course is raised only on a strict GMO diet, combined with hormones naturally.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join