It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie Signs 10 Gun Bills Into Law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie signed 10 pieces of gun legislation into law Thursday.

Christie, widely seen as a probable GOP candidate for president in 2016, signed off on the slate of bills, most of which were non-controversial, while leaving five more contentious bills still awaiting his signature or veto.

Christie the RINO

Are you kidding me?

One of the new laws will disqualify any person on the federal terrorist watch list from obtaining firearms identification cards or permits to purchase handguns.

In the era when millions of WE THE PEOPLE are considered to be terrorist, and DHS well known criteria for 'You might be a terrorist' this is utterly nonsensical.

Just like criminals don't give a ratts behind about laws, they don't purchase their firearms at brick and mortar stores.

“To the extent that this bill will keep guns out of the hands of known terrorists, or those who have taken active steps to support terrorist activities, my signature on this bill represents my commitment to keeping the citizens of New Jersey safe,” Christie said in a signing statement. “Our diligence against terrorism must never fade.”

Oh but Christie as our dearly 'elected' leader says, 'We are more likely to die in a car accident than a terrorist attack'.

One bill passed by the state Senate, S.2737, would institute background checks for all private gun sales and require all prospective gun owners to attend a gun safety training class.

What part of the second amendment and the ninth amendment do you not get Christie ?

Another would ban a model of .50 caliber rifle, the most powerful rifle available to civilians.

What?

Hey Christie cite me the figures of any .50 cal ever being used in the commission of crimes in this country?

SHOW ME !

Christie a Democrat in a Republican facade.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Continued :

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Sadly under Obama's spying and NSA data mining of law abiding citizens that are against the way the government is conducting itself, any body can be in their dirty list of terrorist for making comments only about how much they disagree with the government

This corrupted political leaders are finding ways to restrict citizens from their second amendment without getting rid of it.

Christie is a piece of blubber crap and any gun loving American knows what he is up to.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

See? This is why I don't support the GOP anymore. If THIS is the best they have for 2016 against Hillary, then we're screwed.

This reply was brought to you by the campaign of "Any Damned Libertarian 2016".

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So when Rep.Gov Chris Christie signs stricter gun laws
it's simply called "Gun Bill", and "not controversial", by conservatives.

So not Anti-Gun, Gun Control legislation , or Non-Constitutional ?
That's amazing. How does he do that?
Is he running for something?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Criminals by definition do not follow the law.

All these restrictions do is keep them out of law abiding citizens hands, so you must ask yourself WHY does the government want you helpless?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Any negative comments made on this forum about the government can land you on the "watch list".

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
So when Rep.Gov Chris Christie signs stricter gun laws
it's simply called "Gun Bill", and "not controversial", by conservatives.

So not Anti-Gun, Gun Control legislation , or Non-Constitutional ?
That's amazing. How does he do that?
Is he running for something?

How does one figure?

Am I not a conservative ?

Am I not outraged enough?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R) admitted he "wasn't ready" to run for president in 2012, but he thinks 2016 could be a different story.

"I wasn't ready to run for President this time," Christie said in an interview with Steve Adubato for the show "Conversations at NJPAC." "If [a 2016 presidential run] comes, I know that I will be more ready for it than I would have been this year."

A Fairleigh Dickinson University PublicMind poll released Tuesday showed Christie is the most favored among likely Republican candidates for the 2016 presidential nomination. The governor's approval rating soared after his handling of the damages from Hurricane Sandy.

His new found popularity after Sandy has given him a go to try for the 2016 presidential elections.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i would like to check this guy's latest bank statement for recent deposits and if he is going on any foreign holidays soon

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
dp
edit on 8/8/13 by geobro because: double post

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I can’t believe it!

Conservatives don’t like the great Christ Christie…amazing.

Ann Coulter use to love him

Why, Just because he kissed Obama’s behind?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
I can’t believe it!

Conservatives don’t like the great Christ Christie…amazing.

Ann Coulter use to love him

Why, Just because he kissed Obama’s behind?

Even bother reading the article in the op?

Doesn't sound like it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Never trust a former prosecutor (persecutor).

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My parents and relatives were upset with me because I told them I wasn't voting for POTUS in the 2012 election. Their argument was that Obama was terrible. While I agreed that Obama was terrible, they couldn't give me an good reasons that Romney would be better. I told them all that it is Obama's mess, let him clean it up.

So here we are looking at 2016 and we are already saying Clinton Vs Christie? I guess you will be counting me out again as I wont be voting for one of these clowns. We are getting ridiculous choices from the mainstream parties. Neither of these candidates could be trusted to run a McDonald's without some sort of corruption.

I WISH it was worth voting...it isn't. Christie is a RINO and it won't matter if he or Clinton win.

Neither will see my vote.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well, that about blows his broad base approval and support for 2016. He might even be moderate by New Jersey standards but he's no Conservative I've ever met by his deeds. Stick to state level, I'd say.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
doesn't matter anyway, no one gets a permit in jersey, it just doesn't happen. they turned down a circuit court judge for a permit, think joe citizens gettin one?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is just the same gun control legislation coming at you piecemeal.....(10 separate bills?)
Why
So they figure they can stuff it down your throat if it comes in smaller pieces

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Criminals by definition do not follow the law.

All these restrictions do is keep them out of law abiding citizens hands, so you must ask yourself WHY does the government want you helpless?

Because it takes a criminal mindset to write laws like these.
No second line, it would only detract from my original statement.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This reply was brought to you by the campaign of "Any Damned Libertarian 2016".

Sign me up. The thought of Hillary or Christie in 2016 just makes me want to cry.
The America I loved to the point of joining the US Army to defend .... I don't see it anymore.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join