It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanjay Gupta Apologizes For 'Misleading' Public About Weed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just to add some background to this thread, As some may know or not, I have had a host of health problems. Mostly neurological in nature, I suffer from Fibro, as well as having had a Stroke at the age of 25.

I do not like smoking anything tobacco or otherwise, the first time I "tried" Cannabis was at the behest of a very compassionate doctor in So Ca at the age of 26.

I found it is the only thing that relieves my Fibro symptoms, as the medications for it where causing me serious side effects that aggravated my other pre-existing conditions.

Also what some of you may know, I have conservative traditional republican leanings (truly more libertarian now thanks to ATS), I have a devout Christian upbringing that lead me to Agnostic to atheist and Back again to christian (personal back ground info for threads sake).

I am college educated, I have run my own business, I pay my taxes, I vote, I write my reps, I own a home, and I have eked out a little scrap of the American dream for myself and my family.

In no way of the word am I a stereo typical "stoner" that people like to portray as the evils of this drug,I am someone who counts himself damn lucky a doctor was brave enough to recommend a treatment that worked.

The ignorance that surrounds this topic needs to stop, and as I said earlier if these discussions took place earlier My own mother a women that never drank a beer her whole life, died from liver failure at 49 years of age, due to damage caused by Vicodin, Mortrin, Tylenol 3, etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This thread is a test for the site owners the staff to test members to see how the topic goes.
But it is also a test for the members to see how far they can push the envelope, as to what can and can not be said.
This is why posts are deleted and not the thread.
Kudos to site owners and staff,for allowing this type of discussion.
Just be ready for those to test the limit.
And please provide an explaination to violaters so they are clear on what is and what is not.
Since it is new to all of us members and staff.
Thank you.
edit on 8-8-2013 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
This thread is a test for the site owners the staff to test members to see how the topic goes.
But it is also a test for the members to see how far they can push the envelope, as to what can and can not be said.
This is why posts are deleted and not the thread.
Kudos to site owners and staff,for allowing this type of discussion.
Just be ready for those to test the limit.
And please provide an explain to violaters so they are clear on what is and what is not.
Since it is new to all of us members and staff.

No part in any thread test, simply knew that Skeptic Overlord had announced we could discuss certain issues, which Medical is included.

I have yet to hear from a mod, and I only have warned them at the start to please watch this thread from keeping the derailers at bay.

Thats all, RECREATIONAL ADVOCACY WILL not be tolerated and can lead to perma ban.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree.

But this topic is new ground for the site owners the staff and members.
What a member posts, that member may not think it is a violation, but because the topic is now allowed and the ground rules may not be clearly understood, by staff and members violations may occur.
Yes, there will be blantat violations, it happens, but unless the water is tested no one knows for sure.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviousEngineer

In your response, the disdain and attitude you show is the exact hindrance to the cause of enlightening those who are otherwise suspicious of the topic.

You in your post, show every reason why Doctors are taking so long to take this seriously.

AND WE Dont talk about recreational as WE RESPECT THE RULES WE AGREED TO WHEN WE SIGNED UP TO THIS SITE.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If this site stayed try to what it was when I signed up 10 years ago I would understand your stance, but its not and wont be again I'm afraid. This is the first article I felt was worthy of chiming in about since fukishima. I find it said when you can't post a news source because that source had a children's fight with this one, and since this one lost in court they now ban that one. What say you? I'm leaving now anyway, maybe come again if something worthwhile pops up as important as this issue.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Big Pharma says that marijuana has no medical benefit. But they are developing pills that mimic the effects of marijuana with synthetic cannabinoids. What they really mean to say is that unless you buy your medicine from them instead of growing it in your yard, they will not be able to increase their profit margin at the rate that they would like to. Pharmaceutical companies do not want to cure you of anything. They want to sell you pills from the cradle to the grave.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeviousEngineer
reply to post by benrl

" If a law is Unjust a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so"

See your own quote there?

Simple, if I wish to continue to be on ATS, I can not spread that message on this forum.

It is a private forum with rules allowed to it by the laws of this country which dictate they can limit what topics they allow on here.

THAT is their freedom of speech choice, ATS is practicing its freedoms by doing such.

And something I agreed to follow when I signed up, I am an honorable person and tend to follow things I agreed to do.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

PLEASE READ!!!!!

From the Posse Comitatus announcement
www.abovetopsecret.com...

1) The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA

2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world

3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions

4) Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States

5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties

6) The incarceration society in the US and the overcrowded prisons and policies that keep them that way

And an important note: While we are now allowing the discussion of drug-related topics in an open, public, and searchable forum, we WILL NOT tolerate advocacy of recreation use in any way. Such posts will be removed, and the author's account terminated.

This Forum is Not For...

- general drug-related discussion

- information related to drug legalization

- pharmaceutical issues or conspiracies

- hemp use advocacy

- discussion of existing or proposed drug laws

edit on Fri Aug 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: to add what is allowed.in this forum...and the link

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join