It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity Unconsciously Creates Thought-Forms (tulpas) and then Projects Them "Out There": UFOs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Did you know that many seemingly unrelated cultures around the globe have a flood myth.
The myth expert Joseph Campbell relates this phenomena to Jungs archetypes.

This quote is from PBS.org.

150 FLOODS

As Joseph Campbell and other folklorists and anthropologists have noted, similar myths pop up again and again in disparate cultures-some societies can be on opposite ends of the globe from one another, yet their stories and legends will inevitably make use of some of the same symbols, themes, and motifs. Indeed, author Anne Provoost, who has written a retelling of the Noah's Ark story, notes that "almost every culture has a mythological story of flood." Indeed, there are more 150 ancient flood myths that have been documented around the world. (See Flood Myths for a list.)

Joseph Campbell: "One explanation [for these similarities] is that the human psyche is essentially the same all over the world … [and] out of this common ground have come what Jung has called the archetypes, which are the common ideas of myths.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by leostokes

The other possibility to cross culture similarities is that once upon a time there was a civilization, now gone, that had global reach. The idea is not nearly as far fetched as some would think.
I have seen evidence that the Egyptians sailed all the way to Hawaii and possibly the west coast of the United States...

Does any one of you great researchers have any information on any research done on sensory depravation chambers? I think it should be possible to put the issue of psychic phenomena and universal consciousness to bedwith a few simple experiments...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

The other possibility to cross culture similarities is that once upon a time there was a civilization, now gone, that had global reach. The idea is not nearly as far fetched as some would think.

Except it doesn't have any archaeological or historical or linguistic evidence. A civilization large and powerful enough to do that would have intrinsically left many clues archaeologically (and genetically), as the Greeks and Romans did.

I have seen evidence that the Egyptians sailed all the way to Hawaii and possibly the west coast of the United States...

Not clear the ancient Egyptians ever had ocean-going intercontinental ships. It takes decades/centuries to get the experience and technology. Before they went to Hawaii they would at least go through Gibraltar to Africa and N Europe, but they didn't.

edit on 15-8-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Does any one of you great researchers have any information on any research done on sensory depravation chambers? I think it should be possible to put the issue of psychic phenomena and universal consciousness to bedwith a few simple experiments...

Good to see ya Jay!

I read a few books about experiments involving sensory deprivation chambers but it's been years ago, and there were no solid conclusions. I would also like to hear from someone who has studied the effects of such on a more than superfluous level. Maybe someone who has researched it extensively may have more insight into the matter- I await their sharing of knowledge.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Good to see you as well!

My question would be: what if two people, separated by distance, were to enter a chamber at the same time while thinking about each other?

Would it be possible to "meet" someone in the astral realm (or that realm within your mind you occupy in these chambers)?
If so it should establish the consciousness part of this discussion.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Linguistic evidence is available. (This is slightly off topic so if you desire to we could discus via U2U).
Check the link between Egyptian hieroglyphics and the symbols used for various Native American tribes in the Louisiana area.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Honestly Jay I think there are probably those who can do that even without benefit of a sensory deprivation chamber. Unfortunately I'm not one of them- but one can dream...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I am sure of it. There are people in this world who can communicate telepathically.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I am sure of it. There are people in this world who can communicate telepathically.

ESP or extra sensory perception has been studied at length. One experiment, as I recall from hearing this years ago, involved two isolated ESP advocates on opposite sides of the ocean sending information to each other simultaneously.
We can say that the scheme was not reliable because the subject seems to have died a natural death.

On the other hand, there are many stories of identical twins having simultaneously experienced the same emotionally charged experiences. The story goes that the twins had been separated for an extended period of time and learned of their shared experience only some time later after the fact.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

How would one know if their shared experience were a physiological condition spawned of having been together or perhaps a genetic cause? When comparing twins with strangers, how would one expect strangers to communicate? It seems more plausible to assume that telepathy is with the result of a natural medium for thought waves or that it requires a brain augmentation

edit on 16-8-2013 by g2v12 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

Well the evidence that I present, evidence from the 20th century, implies that there is no ESP. That is, the ESP advocates had not established their claims. The experiment to send telepathic telegrams failed.

As to the other issue of twins: the studies (again from the 20th century) imply that the similar but at the same time independent emotional crises of twins points to a genetic origin.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by leostokes
That is, the ESP advocates had not established their claims. The experiment to send telepathic telegrams failed.

If you want to believe it all boils down to a single experiment, that's cool. But it doesn't. That's not the way science works.

I've spent considerable time familiarizing myself with the massive body of parapsychological literature, and when all things are considered the evidence in favor of psi is overwhelming. The reason that it isn't embraced by mainstream science is because disbelief and taboo are defense mechanisms which keeps psi marginalized.

Even Freud, who hated "the occult", accepted the reality of psi, and he thought it is too dangerous for the public to be fully aware of.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wasn't there a study done that shows the body goes through physiological changes moments prior to random stimuli? I am pretty sure I've read that before.
If true it is proof positive.
Some folks just don't want to accept it unless people are plucking complete sentences out of thin air.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Are you saying that it is possible to send telepathic messages great distances reliably?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

reply to post by g2v12

Well the evidence that I present, evidence from the 20th century, implies that there is no ESP. That is, the ESP advocates had not established their claims. The experiment to send telepathic telegrams failed.

As to the other issue of twins: the studies (again from the 20th century) imply that the similar but at the same time independent emotional crises of twins points to a genetic origin.

Things begin to make sense when one looks properly acquired data. That could be the end of all religion and superstition.
edit on 18-8-2013 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Are you saying that it is possible to send telepathic messages great distances reliably?

No. I'm saying that it's possible to do so unreliably.

Why should it be reliable? Since when is anything reliable? There are many variables that are psi-inhibitive.

Reliability is for Professor X.

edit on 18-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Jung's archetypes may be compatible with Freud's model of the psyche. Which implies there is no need to accept ESP.

For example. We are sea creatures before we become land creatures. Perhaps the infant in the womb becomes conscious before birth. The infant is surrounded by fluid. That experience is one we all share. Freud might say the awareness of the infant swimming in the amnionic fluid becomes stored in the infant psyche. In the adult the knowledge is there in the psyche but not in the conscious part. The adult artifact of this birth experience becomes a cultural flood myth. Also an archetype of Jung.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Jung's archetypes may be compatible with Freud's model of the psyche. Which implies there is no need to accept ESP.

Both Jung and Freud accepted the reality of psi.

There's no need for YOU to accept it, maybe. For others, there is a need.

Sooner or later no one will be able to deny it. Sooner or later the secrecy will end.

edit on 19-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Perhaps we do not agree on what constitutes proof of the validity of the psi claim.

Owen Glendower: I can call devils from the vasty deep.
Hotspur: So can I or any man but do they come when you do call for them.
edit on 20-8-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Perhaps we do not agree on what constitutes proof of the validity of the psi claim.

Perhaps we would agree if you actually took the time to read the parapsychological literature in depth, as I have. For example, the university textbook.

books.google.com...

edit on 20-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join