It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity Unconsciously Creates Thought-Forms (tulpas) and then Projects Them "Out There": UFOs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
reply to post by BlueMule

Our psychic ability transcends time and space. It doesn't travel through space-time like energy does. It penetrates them. It doesn't diminish over great distances like energy does. Barriers of matter, space, or time can't stop it.

Great stuff! I read a quote that went something like: "Beyond the laws of physics is where the magic lies."
What I found intriguing is that a scientist said it.
I have Harman's book "Higher Creativity" but haven't read it yet. Your post has prompted me to remedy that situation with all haste.

Have you read this book? I've heard it's a mind-blower. I'm going to order it.
Left In the Dark

More:
Left In the Dark

There is no such thing as Magic and only someone that is ignorant of the science behind such feats believes something negates the laws of reality!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
There is no such thing as Magic and only someone that is ignorant of the science behind such feats believes something negates the laws of reality!

Can you kindly list the laws of reality for us then?

Can you also, while you are at it, explain consciousness? You know, consciousness, that weightless, massless, faster than light phenomenon that makes all of society, including a rudimentary science, possible?

Once you have us schooled on that then maybe you can tackle "paradox?"

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
Sorry but Einstein's theory of relativity (E=MC2) negates the possibility of what you are suggesting! The amount of energy needed to create matter can not be thought into existence because the mind is a chemical machine and the output of energy is negligible!

I don't think of it in terms of creating matter. I think of it as re-arranging matter.

edit on 10-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
I'v got an idea...... lets all get naked in a group, in a large room with good lighting, no one in or out durring the demonstration and lets SEE SOME MAGIC...... lets see something appear or disappear or levitate or change composition...... just anything that could be construed as 'MAGIC'

YOU can't do it........ it's that simple. You would have to have some " item, lighting, person in awe inspiring costume to perform. Because when you can't HIDE the SLIGHT OF HAND, it all collapses........ I'm game, lets all meet somewhere with video equipment and perform REAL MAGIC........

I'm waiting, and as fugly as I am, I will get nekid with the group unabashedly...... for the purpose of exposing the 'gimmick/fraud' of it all.......... I'm calling you on this one.

You seem to have a negative attitude toward psi. Well, it is a rather polarizing subject.

Clearly you don't understand the way the sheep-goat effect works... the way the trickster archetype works. I see this lack of understanding all the time in skeptics. They seem to believe in a sort of naïve realism and then based on that flawed philosophy they think they are at liberty to assume that it's all as simple as getting together for a demonstration of definitive evidence or "proof"... failing to realize that their own closed minds and negative attitudes are part of the whole inner alchemy, just as everyone's is.

THE CAPRICIOUS, ACTIVELY EVASIVE, UNSUSTAINABLE NATURE OF PSI: A SUMMARY AND HYPOTHESES

ABSTRACT: Many parapsychological writers have suggested that psi may be capricious or actively evasive. The evidence for this includes the unpredictable, significant reversal of direction for psi effects, the loss of intended psi effects while unintended secondary or internal effects occur, and the pervasive declines in effect for participants, experimenters, and lines of research.

Also, attempts to apply psi typically result in a few very impressive cases among a much larger number of unsuccessful results. The term unsustainable is applicable because psi is sometimes impressive and reliable, but then becomes actively evasive. One of the most testable models for this property is that psi effects occur against a background of supporting and opposing motivation and psi influence due to the extreme polarization of attitudes toward psi in the population.

These attitudes may have genetic and gender associated components. Another possible explanation is that the primary function of psi is to induce a sense of mystery and wonder. Other possible functions of psi also need to be investigated. For example, psi could contribute to evolution by briefly influencing random processes to enhance diversity, without specifically guiding evolution or having sustained effects. Some type of higher consciousness may influence or control psi effects.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Not that I propose that Crowley was anything very special, but the following is, I think, a definition that can "bridge" the various camps of thought and, in addition, rather well-stated.

It doesn't negate "Science" but, rather, exposes and highlights its relative childhood in the realm of existence.

The British occultist Aleister Crowley chose the spelling to differentiate the occult from stage magic and defined it as "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will", including both "mundane" acts of will as well as ritual magic.

Crowley wrote that "it is theoretically possible to cause in any object any change of which that object is capable by nature".
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

That reminds me of Alan Moore's Promethea series. I think you would love it.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Of course.
I mean, given the proper technology, I can convert a lump of coal into a flawless diamond.
But if someone can do the same with their mind, I would love to see it.

I have a hard time believing any of this stuff is possible on an individual level. Drastic change, that is.
In my estimation, this stuff requires collective will.

Unconscious collective will at that.
Personally, I can easily manifest subtle changes within my own life. Psychic phenomena, astral projection, etc.
I am open to it and it happens for me when I wish it. Major change? Hell no. And I have tried.

What sucks is when those subtle changes you manifest take on a terrifying theme.

ETA: this also goes to length to describe why one person can have a multitude of paranormal experiences.
edit on 10-8-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Crowley wrote that "it is theoretically possible to cause in any object any change of which that object is capable by nature".

While I don't agree with Crowley on much I must say that on this point I tend to agree with him.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This explains why a demon or a figment of the social imagination would need to shut down a 20mm cannon or AIM-9 Fire Control system and take EW defensive postures and construct 300 yard long craft with radar absorptive coating and visual cloaking...

...because in our manipulated fantasy, we would expect them to do this.

got it

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Speaking of Crowley and UFO's (or aliens rather), here is an article regarding his "lam" picture, which I'm sure some of you are familiar with but for the benefit of those who might not be.

'Aleister Crowley's Lam & the Little Green Men'

In January through March of 1918 Crowley began a series of magickal workings called the Amalantrah Workings in furnished rooms in Central Park West, New York City. These were a performed via Sexual & Ceremonial Magick (his spelling) with the intent to invoke certain "intelligences" to physical manifestation.

In actuality, the workings typically manifested as a series of visions and communications received through the mediumship of his partner, Roddie Minor.

Be that as it may, at least one such "intelligence" was brought into physical manifestation via the Magickal Portal they created. (A portal in this context is a "magickally" created rent in the fabric of time and space.) The entity that came through is the one pictured above left. Crowley maintained the picture is actually a portrait and drawn from real life. This entity either called itself "Lam," or was named "Lam" by Crowley. Either way, he considered it to be of interdimensional origin, which was the term then for extraterrestrial. In communications with Lam, the symbolism of the egg featured prominently.

Crowley included the portrait of Lam in his Dead Souls exhibition held in Greenwich Village, New York, in 1919. In that same year it was published as a frontispiece labeled The Way to Crowley’s commentary to Blavatsky’s The Voice of the Silence.

Beneath the picture was the following inscription:

"LAM is the Tibetan word for Way or Path, and LAMA is He who Goeth, the specific title of the Gods of Egypt, the Treader of the Path, in Buddhistic phraseology. Its numerical value is 71, the number of this book."

Other than this, there is no commentary extant from Crowley upon the subject of Lam except for material published by disciples such as Kenneth Grant.

Make of that what you will, full article can be found here; www.bibliotecapleyades.net... which puts the story in greater context.

John Keel himself believed that occult activity may be an ingredient of the "grey alien" mystery.

Again, I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere in more depth although I feel it is still topical because thought forms and the occult go hand in hand imo (not that I claim to understand either all that well).
edit on 10-8-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Actually, whatever is thought by the human mind has some sort of existence elsewhere, or rather, the imagination that creates through a work of fiction, may have a reality base to it somewhere else

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I could see this in regard to the astral plane.
I don't see how this collaborates, these to the real world.
edit on 10-8-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Nobody knows the full extent of reality and nobody ever will. The questions will never cease.

Fear someone who says they know the full extent. Somebody who is certain will act on it. And their actions will feed into the real world to produce real and possibly dire consequences.

We know there's a reality around us, but what is its source? We think, therefore we ARE. This is what's so intriguing. This makes the questions worth asking. My opinion is that I cannot exist alone. I must have come from something else. So there must be a greater reality.

Am I certain about anything? No. I might be a rock or I might be dead and not know it. Maybe I'm like a tape recording. A nature program that reruns with always the same results.
edit on 10-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Nobody knows the full extent of reality and nobody ever will. The questions will never cease.

Fear someone who says they know the full extent. Somebody who is certain will act on it. And their actions will feed into the real world to produce real and possibly dire consequences.

We know there's a reality around us, but what is its source? We think, therefore we ARE. This is what's so intriguing. This makes the questions worth asking. My opinion is that I cannot exist alone. I must have come from something else. So there must be a greater reality.

Am I certain about anything? No. I might be a rock or I might be dead and not know it. Maybe I'm like a tape recording. A nature program that reruns with always the same results.
edit on 10-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Correct and we each live in our own little world, what we can not see we are blind too, what we can not feel we are insensitive too, what we can not hear we are deaf too so yes we can only speculate and postulate with the greatest sense of them all the mind but we can not truly know only hypothesise.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

Although I know the concept of a tulpa it is may understanding they require a concentrated mind to meditate and project them and they become like waking dreams that are like vivid hallucinations but over time can become more real and feed on there creator even draining them to death (one reason they are regarded as dangerous) and become more and more real to the point were they can attain physical manifestation.

Well, I think they require a mind that has been altered. A mind that has undergone ego-death and rebirth - aka the shamanic initiatory crisis. The unconscious mind opens up and swallows the ego-self... pulls it into the 'underworld', breaks it into a million pieces, puts it back together and spits it back out to consciousness. That's basically what alien abductions are all about.

Disciplines such as meditation and yoga and ritual use of entheogens are ways of preparing for and artificially inducing that age-old initiatory crisis... which can happen spontaneously.

A UFO contactee/abductee is basically the urban shaman of the sci-fi/comic-book mythos which is deeply rooted in the ET image. Shamans don't have to do it all from scratch every generation... they inherit and interpret a legacy.

If it was the subconscious then why is the world not filled with super babe beauty's and strapping six packed lifeguards (oh sorry I forgot about muscle beach) if you catch my drift.

Yeah I catch your drift. It's a good question, and I think it has to do with the Jungian principle of enantiodromia. In order to have an age with a super-abundance of magic super babes, we have to have an age with very few magic super babes. In order to have an age of enlightenment we have to have an age of ignorance.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Well, I think they require a mind that has been altered. A mind that has undergone ego-death and rebirth - aka the shamanic initiatory crisis. The unconscious mind opens up and swallows the ego... breaks it into a million pieces, puts it back together and spits it back out to consciousness. That's basically what alien abductions are all about.

Disciplines such as meditation and yoga and ritual use of entheogens are ways of preparing for and artificially inducing that age-old initiatory crisis... which can happen spontaneously.

A UFO contactee/abductee is basically the urban shaman of the sci-fi/comic-book mythos which is deeply rooted in the ET image.

Not that I totally disagree with some of the "liminal" thoughts and aspects of what you are saying, but I have never come across anyone who I feel has actually experienced "ego-death" and reassembly as of yet.

I've heard it claimed and have personally spent time with some of the so-called, or perceived, "gurus" of our time and, to tell it honestly, they were not only ego-filled but perceivably neurotic. Granted, some quiet dude in a high-altitude cave somewhere might have achieved it...but you ain't gonna meet him/her through a book, meet them online, or shake their hand at a conference.

The second someone professes to have achieved it...it's gone. If that makes sense.

JayinAR: Valid points. I starred you earlier. Back later with some comments.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Well, I think they require a mind that has been altered. A mind that has undergone ego-death and rebirth - aka the shamanic initiatory crisis. The unconscious mind opens up and swallows the ego... breaks it into a million pieces, puts it back together and spits it back out to consciousness. That's basically what alien abductions are all about.

A UFO contactee/abductee is basically the urban shaman of the sci-fi/comic-book mythos which is deeply rooted in the ET image.

Not that I totally disagree with some of the "liminal" thoughts and aspects of what you are saying, but I have never come across anyone who I feel has actually experienced "ego-death" and reassembly as of yet.

I've heard it claimed and have personally spent time with some of the so-called, or perceived, "gurus" of our time and, to tell it honestly, they were not only ego-filled but perceivably neurotic. Granted, some quiet dude in a high-altitude cave somewhere might have achieved it...but you ain't gonna meet him/her through a book, meet them online, or shake their hand at a conference.

The second someone professes to have achieved it...it's gone. If that makes sense.

Yup, it makes sense.

I believe that enlightenment takes more than ego-death and rebirth. Being born again makes one an inexperienced infant of sorts all over again. There is then a growing-up process with dangers along the way.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They maybe immaterial which have a material equivalent somewhere which might not be Earth. So people might believe they see immaterial UFO's but it might be those UFO's are echoes or projections from aliens far away.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
They maybe immaterial which have a material equivalent somewhere which might not be Earth. So people might believe they see immaterial UFO's but it might be those UFO's are echoes or projections from aliens far away.

Or vice-versa

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yup, it makes sense.

I believe that enlightenment takes more than ego-death and rebirth. Being born again makes one an inexperienced infant of sorts all over again. There is a growing-up process with dangers along the way.

Yeah, definitely don't get me wrong. You are, imo, one of the very most interesting posters here at ATS.

In light of your comment above, especially as regards "dangers," did you read the posts by kantzfeldt about the vampyr language thing? I couldn't parse it all at the moment because of other issues taking up time, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it for when I can look at it more in-depth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join