It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity Unconsciously Creates Thought-Forms (tulpas) and then Projects Them "Out There": UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I have a great Terrence McKenna treatise on a CD somewhere that contains some of the descriptions you quoted in your OP. I'd bet it's out on the internet...probably on YouTube.

It's really fascinating. He describes flying saucers as "very mercurial and very watery". He says "when you reach out to touch the UFO, there's nothing there." McKenna seemed to agree with Valee that there is some sort of non-human intelligence behind the flying saucers that is so powerful, "it can do whatever it wants." He says this intelligence or force can appear to us as the Virgin Mary, as visitors from another planet, or as elves, pixies, or gnomes.

To make matters more mysterious, the contactees often experience profound psychological changes. They'll often say things like the 'aliens' who contacted them were able to discern everything about them. They knew the conatctees' past lives in detail, and in some cases even foretold future events. it's just beyond bizarre!

I found the McKenna conversation I was talking about. This is a truly fascinating discussion on the UFO subject. The whole thing is good, but around the 16:00 mark, he really gets into some cool stuff.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Wow, great stuff EarthCitizen. I was glued to my monitor. Deserves a thread of its own.

Thanks for the Compliment, and I do have a good portion of this written down, mainly for myself, and have thought to weave it all together for better observation and scrutiny, but have yet to do so. I will think about this again.

I like Blue Mule and yourself realize this is the Underbelly that no one wishes to think upon because of where it takes us. But as someone who likes to Surf between Worlds I think it is very much a connecting link that needs more investigation and study.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Glad I went back to reread all the posts so far.
You are on the correct line of thinking in many ways.
2012 was Hi-Jacked, and I too was amazed it was pulled off in the fashion it happened.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

There are a number of things I can think of that would lend support to this hypothesis, such as:

1. The university group that 'invented' a ghost and said ghost would rap on the table etc
2. Another 'invented' ghost which was sighted by multiple, believable witnesses.
3. The design of UFOs matching the design styles / cultural expectations of the time they were witnessed.

Forgive me for my lack of references - I don't have time to trawl the web at the moment.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I feel like people know my thoughts sometimes, if not all the time. I see them react in facial expressions to my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

So what you're opining is that it is a possibility that intelligences/beings belonging to other dimensions (Edit by OY: and other planets) work in conjunction with human collective thought projection to cause physical manifestation on this plane of existence, or have I misinterpreted?

BINGO!
That's it. The skeptics need to deal with it.

I know this usually opens one up to attack, however it should also be noted that through out all 'channeled communications', the message translated back is always "we're answering your call".

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...It's usually a duck.
edit on 9-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Been thinking about this a lot lately.

Are we unconsciously creating our own reality?

Is life simply a collective dream?

If so.. we should be way more careful about the things we focus on.

A lot of people these days are having negative thoughts, but could that be the reason those thoughts are becoming more justifiable?

I made a thread just the other day on this very subject.

Could there be a way to prove this hypothesis? Because i think when more people are able to accept this idea, it can have a monstrous impact on our world.. We would finally start living lucid.

edit on 9-8-2013 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by leostokes
If your theory is applied to Byrd's Antarctic UFO encounter (as quoted above), would it not seem to imply that the US Navy was engaged and driven off by an archetypal myth?

If applied then yes... driven off by living, semi-autonomous, archetypal myths, yes.

The nature of reality is not simply objective or subjective. It's both. It's omni-jective. The subjective/objective dichotomy is false. Living mind-stuff can be subjective or it can be objective or both. It can cross a threshold.

When we take some of our living mind-stuff and think it is the "other", then we "program" it to BE the other. It then behaves accordingly.

The result is a living myth. An internally generated poetic living image with folded layers of meaning that are consistent with the meanings of an over-arching system, with a web... a mythos.

edit on 9-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Ok now... Tulpas are a part of my lifestyle, I believe in them, and I believe people collectively do it all the time whether or not they know it. I already believed all this. Yet your thread still blew my mind.

I never thought of "anti-tulpa". This is nuts. It totally fits into my beliefs, too, so there is no reason I have never explored it as a possibility other than I just simply never thought of it. Raising tulpas and harvesting spirit is dabbling in creation so why wouldn't there be an opposing force aside from good ole' entropy?

Thanks for this thread. It's a good thing for my brain to chew on today.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
To make matters more mysterious, the contactees often experience profound psychological changes. They'll often say things like the 'aliens' who contacted them were able to discern everything about them. They knew the conatctees' past lives in detail, and in some cases even foretold future events. it's just beyond bizarre!

What about this hypothesis. Assume the ETs are physically real and they come here on warp drives. The physics of the warp drives could cause very strong AC magnetic fields in the people's brains, which are known to have strong psychological effects. In other words, warp drive caused hallucinations.

Conveniently enough for ET 'examiners' this phenomenon could be used intentionally by ET as a safe, non-invasive tranquilizer when dealing with potentially aggressive homo sapiens, no overdose or allergy worries.

edit on 9-8-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Very Good and Informative post...

It is common knowledge that anything shown on Ytube need scrutiny.
I have recently watched a couple of Ytube videos, where a supposed NASA scientist has came forward and said that the Government secretly promotes the idea of UFO's. The scientists proclaimed this was being endorsed to keep us from realizing just how far our technology has came, on it's on.
It places in our mind that we are up against something even more powerful than the government.
And it does serve to keep us from asking too many question of our constituents, in our respective national capitals.

So, if this is found to be truth, it would go far in explaining why such secret places such as area 51, are being sublimely promoted in all the films and articles that do come out about them.

The power of using someone's imagination against them is not new.
Our Governments do it every minute.
It is, as you said, Trickery.
(there is no horned emoticon, or it would be placed here)...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'v got an idea...... lets all get naked in a group, in a large room with good lighting, no one in or out durring the demonstration and lets SEE SOME MAGIC...... lets see something appear or disappear or levitate or change composition...... just anything that could be construed as 'MAGIC'

YOU can't do it........ it's that simple. You would have to have some " item, lighting, person in awe inspiring costume to perform. Because when you can't HIDE the SLIGHT OF HAND, it all collapses........ I'm game, lets all meet somewhere with video equipment and perform REAL MAGIC........

I'm waiting, and as fugly as I am, I will get nekid with the group unabashedly...... for the purpose of exposing the 'gimmick/fraud' of it all.......... I'm calling you on this one.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Well, in the spirit of the OP, then your expectations of failure would create ... wait for it... failure!

I was with you with the magick is hooey mind set for many years, until I saw an unequivocal demonstration by a loved one that mind over matter is possible.

This stuff is usually subtle and one has to factor in opposing thoughts in the swirling chaos of mind stuff... but there does seem to be validity to it, as asinine as some practitioners come across. IMO, as always.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I will have to disappoint you OP but the explanations you describe can account for most likely the so called 'abductions' and there are cases where people have been injured by such objects and you don't get injured by imagined objects, that is unless you want to add some fictional theory from movies where someone creates things with imagination and they enter the reality, for which of course you have no tangible evidence, therefore your theory could account for a small part of the cases.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

To play devil's advocate, that "fictional from a movie" idea that ideas become "real" is a tad older than movies. The whole idea is that the universe we are in is a reactive mass of conscious energy... and it isn't without validation if one digs a bit.

Four outta five Tibetan monks can't be wrong!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Although I know the concept of a tulpa it is may understanding they require a concentrated mind to meditate and project them and they become like waking dreams that are like vivid hallucinations but over time can become more real and feed on there creator even draining them to death (one reason they are regarded as dangerous) and become more and more real to the point were they can attain physical manifestation.
If it was the subconscious then why is the world not filled with super babe beauty's and strapping six packed lifeguards (oh sorry I forgot about muscle beach) if you catch my drift.
I do not believe they are tulpa but the idea is intriguing S+F.

According to Tibetan teaching's Tulpa are inherently malign or evil (though evil may be the wrong word but it is believed that the desire of there creator can influence there nature), Only an enlightened soul can SAFELY create and dispel them as though they may be created they once alive will fight to remain so and can not easily be dispelled.
edit on 9-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fascinating conversation, excellent replies . . .
and this just MAY be the key to unraveling the UFO mystery, not to mention the dynamics of life on this planet.

I am reminded of the same concepts promulgated by the great psychic Edgar Cayce;

"Thoughts are things.

"Mind is the builder"

"The soul is the architect."

The vast variability seen in the end results of these creations may be due to the simple fact
that many different minds focus on, believe in, and created a wide variety of mental
constructs, so that fear-ridden people conjure up cabrachubras and cattle mutilations,
whereas spiritually minded people experience angels and epiphanies.

'Scuse me! - - gotta blast the Klingons jumping over my back fence . . .

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Here are some sites with variations on the tulpa, like always make sure your anti malware is up to date before clicking on links but I think these should be ok, better safe than sorry though.
supernatural.wikia.com...:_Tibetan_Spirit_Sigil
www.tulpa.com...
www.davisanddavis.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.tulpa.info...
I would classify it as dark psychology that can lead to mental problems but like all such paranormal systems I would urge all not to dabble, even Tibetan priests whom have spent there lives in secluded meditation and mind training had lost control of these thing's, it may be that the Tulpa is actually a formless one ( A spirit of the void) whom gains manifestation through the door the mind has made and all such beings are really simple trying to drain life from the living as they are the outcast.
Be careful I have added this as I believe some may be tempted to dabble thinking no harm can come of it but they could not be further from the actual truth, leave well alone what you can not understand or control.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

I once was told by a former friend that he had read a book and in that book was a story about a guy whom underwent extreme hypnotic regression, while under the deep trance he told the researchers that we once had control over the universe and our own reality and through a method he called mind programing the race of man that then existed were able to manipulate reality in almost any way but they went too far and the universe snapped back destroying them and there mind's and resisting mind programming from then on, I believe it had something to do with a theory that the race once had full control of the brain and the sub and conscious mind were fully integrated into a single mind, Sorry but I can not remember any more on that as I never read that book and do not know it's title.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Just wanted to add Alexandra David-Neel's Tibetan tulpa experience is interesting reading and one of the first introductions of tulpas to the Western world. In her narrative, the process to create a lasting one is arduous and it's even harder to make them go away.

The tulpa turning evil in her account is creepy and mirrors the Tibetan dogma that only consciously mature folks should manifest them (as Labtech mentioned above). But then mirrors, psychology, subconscious, dualism, yada yada...

The above stance of being careful about making tulpas might reflect why this world of ours, with barely conscious folks manifesting even brief nightmares willy nilly, is so far from a utopia... as most people's hate is just a reflection, or transference, of inner turmoil.
edit on 8/9/2013 by Baddogma because: lots of addendumbs

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join