It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity Unconsciously Creates Thought-Forms (tulpas) and then Projects Them "Out There": UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths" -Joseph Campbell

Vladimir Propp, literary theorist, thought that Russian folktales could be seen as variations of a few underlying plot elements. Generally, a preliminary situation is followed by "misfortune or lack" and then by a sequence of events that repairs what misfortune or lack disturbed. The trickster figure mischief-maker and thief is one of the prime movers of the narrative. He gets the story moving and it comes to an end when he and his mischief have been dealt with.

There are only a few ways to deal with the trickster. A limited number of plots. From the threshold there are only a few ways the trickster can move. He can come inside, he can leave entirely, or he can stay exactly where he started, resisting all attempts to civilize or exile. From the tricksters point of view, staying on the threshold is the ideal. It gives us the plot that never resolves, the endlessly strung-together Coyote tales each linked to each with the phrase "Coyote was going along..."

Awakened consciousness is the potential end of the narrative, without it the tale can go on and on, another night, another season... another unconscious projection of the trickster archetype that we can't withdraw and can't exile.

"The so-called civilized man has forgotten the trickster. He remembers him only figuratively and metaphorically, when, irritated by his own ineptitude, he speaks of fate playing tricks on him or of things being bewitched. He never suspects that his own hidden and apparently harmless shadow has qualities whose dangerousness exceeds his wildest dreams." -Carl Jung

The trickster figure is more than a mere story, more than a mere metaphor. It's an archetype of the collective unconscious. It's part of us, and our minds project it "out there" in symbolic, poetic, cryptic, semi-autonomous thought-forms that change from culture to culture, age to age, person to person, religion to religion.

In our modern space-age culture, it has taken the form of UFOs for many people. The archetype is projected "out there" in UFO form where it is seen by many people. A public dream that is solid enough for radar to bounce off of.

But how can that be, you ask? If UFOs are mere projections, then there shouldn't be any physical evidence, right? Radar can't bounce off a dream... you can't take a photograph of a psychic object, can you?

"Oh yes, this is an important point to make, which the flying saucer people are forever misunderstanding, and that is that saying the flying saucer is a psychic object does not mean it is not a physical object. Jung in Mysterium Coniunctionis is at great pains to say that the realm of the psychic and the realm of the physical meet in a strange kind of never-never land that we have yet to create the intellectual tools to explore. This is where the mystery of synchronicity is going to come to rest, the mystery of all kinds of paranormal activity on the part of human beings, and the mystery of the flying saucer." -Terence McKenna

Enter the paranormal powers of the human mind. Enter psychic ability. Enter our unconscious and collective mind-over-matter ability.

We are all psychic, and we are mostly ignorant of that fact. But our ignorance of that fact doesn't mean that our minds don't utilize that ability unconsciously. People who don't believe in psychic ability are still using it, unconsciously, even to protect their disbelief. It's called the sheep-goat effect. It was discovered by Gertrude Schmeidler.

"The data convinced me. Repeatedly, average ESP scores of subjects who rejected any possibility of ESP success (whom I called goats) were lower than average ESP scores of all other subjects (whom I called sheep). This was inexplicable by the physical laws we knew; it implied unexplored processes in the universe, an exciting new field for research. From then on, naturally, my primary research interest was parapsychology." -Gertrude Schmeidler

"Goats", or test subjects who don't believe in psychic ability, unconsciously use their hidden psychic ability to suppress evidence that contradicts their conscious belief-system resulting in low scores.

"Sheep" are test subjects who believe in psychic ability and so they have nothing to fear from high scores. So their psychic ability comes forth to conscious awareness much easier.

"The sheep thought they could do it, they got "good" scores, they were happy. The goats knew there was no ESP, nothing to get, they got poor scores, they were happy, that "proved" their belief. These were not people who were sophisticated enough about statistics to know that scoring below chance could be significant…

Many other experimenters replicated this effect over the years.

The only way I've ever been able to understand it is to think that the goats occasionally used ESP, but on an unconscious level, to know what the next card was and then their unconscious, acting in the service of their conscious belief system, influenced them to call anything but the correct one."
-Charles Tart

The same sort of thing is going on all the time, but on a much wider scale. We are sleepwalking through life, our minds are not really awake, and so we are unconsciously using our hidden (and sometimes not so hidden) psychic ability (including mind-over-matter) to project archetypes of the collective unconscious such as the trickster "out there" in psycho-physical form, where they can support and perhaps even guide our belief-systems...

...but they will never land on the White House lawn. They can't. The jig would be up.

They are us.

Enter the tulpa.

Tulpa (Tibetan: སྤྲུལ་པ, Wylie: sprul-pa; Sanskrit: निर्मित nirmita[1] and निर्माण nirmāṇa;[2] "to build" or "to construct") is a concept in mysticism of a being or object which is created through sheer discipline alone. It is a materialized thought that has taken physical form and is usually regarded as synonymous to a thoughtform.

The paranormal, psychic, mystical powers of our unenlightened, sleepwalking collective minds are creating what the Tibetans call tuplas and projecting them out there in mythological forms, forms solid enough to bounce radar and leave physical traces because of our collective and unconscious mind-over-matter ability. Forms such as UFOs and even religious figures. The more we take the forms literally, as something separate from us and "out there", then the easier it is for the trickster archetype to remain on the threshold and string us along.

"Coyote was going along..."

edit on 8-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I realize that all this will rub many people the wrong way. Obviously it won't appeal to most UFO enthusiasts, who take the ET mythos literally.

And it won't appeal to many people who are skeptical about UFOs, because most if not all such skeptics are also skeptical of psychic ability.

And few people are familiar enough with Jung, parapsychological research, and trickster scholarship to put 2 and 2 together.

So, even though this is the most likely explanation for most if not all UFO and religious encounters, it will never have enough support from either side of the fence to get in-depth consideration.

"Coyote was going along..."

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

It is no secret that often the psyche can project things into physical manifestation, so it stands to reason that it occurs through collective thought at times. In fact creative visualization in recent years even became "mainstream" on a minor level with the success of books like "The Secret"- but on an individualized level.

Often I wonder about The Webbot program- is it at it's core an experiment in collective projectionism? Does it follow and gather internet trends for the true purpose of discovering whether or not when enough people are thinking about something if it will manifest physically?

There are also the personal accounts of witnesses to UFO phenomena who claim to feel like there is some sort of psychic connection with the "vehicles" and claim that their movements are in sync with their thoughts.

If one were to study witchcraft he would find that the tools used for ritual or "spell casting" are actually only subliminal cues that focus the mind on the task at hand to enable a deeper psychic focus of energies to reach a particular goal. It is not the candles, herbs and elements that cause manifestation of the magic but the power of the psyche itself.

Interesting OP- I look forward to reading the responses!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Terence McKenna believed that UFO's were some kind of archetype, formed from our own collective unconsciousness. Or something like that. I can't exactly remember.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Terence McKenna believed that UFO's were some kind of archetype, formed from our own collective unconsciousness. Or something like that. I can't exactly remember.

Yeah... that's why I quoted him saying as much in my OP...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I find this theory plausible, but it stems from the ego - don't you think?

We are the end all, most advanced species and nothing exists outside of our understanding, so it is WE who project our paranormal/supernatural phenomenon.

It's a safe comforting thought, that we ourselves is behind it all. That we are the apex of conscious sentience.

Cirque

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

"The so-called civilized man has forgotten the trickster. He remembers him only figuratively and metaphorically, when, irritated by his own ineptitude, he speaks of fate playing tricks on him or of things being bewitched. He never suspects that his own hidden and apparently harmless shadow has qualities whose dangerousness exceeds his wildest dreams." -Carl Jung

I never trusted that sneaky fellow, who's always following and watching me... Almost if he's following in suit to my every move, waiting to take that strike at my heart. He'll never catch me though, I'm always 2 steps ahead yet he never seems to fall behind. He's the trickster and he's been with me since the day I was born and he'll follow me to my grave, where when I lay my head to rest I'll know I'll have the chance to strike him best~ Nathan

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The Thought-Forms your talking about being UFO's... I'd rather think there glitches in Matrix. Hence the reason they always change color and seem like a rip in time~ Just a thought, I enjoyed your OP~

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This thread, imo, is one of the most important and thought-provoking to come along in a while.

My only problem with it is that it seems to state the view of its references, Jung, McKenna, Schmeidler, as definitive.

My personal view is that while all of their viewpoints are both telling and important, the topic is probably more complex than the thread, as of yet, has addressed.

For example: "Our" so-called and theorized collective unconscious may not be the only consciousness extant. Different intelligences/species, so to speak, on normally different "wavelengths" that collaborate and mutually "create" physical and representative phenomenon is also a possibility not to be ignored.

Far too complex, at least, to assume that Jung and McKenna have it nailed to the wall. Herein, methinks, we also enter the realm of the "Mage" who does understand it just enough to "create" dreams--otherwise known as myths--for us all.

In addition to the references above, I highly recommend The Trickster and the Paranormal by George P. Hansen

It's not light reading material, but I do think it is well worth the time.

Fine thread, BlueMule. Hopefully it will offer up some great discussion.

Trickster Overview

edit on 8-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

So what you're opining is that it is a possibility that intelligences/beings belonging to other dimensions work in conjunction with human collective thought projection to cause physical manifestation on this plane of existence, or have I misinterpreted? Because that is basically the principal way that magic and prayer are also believed to work.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2013 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by The GUT

So what you're opining is that it is a possibility that intelligences/beings belonging to other dimensions work in conjunction with human collective thought projection to cause physical manifestation on this plane of existence, or have I misinterpreted? Because that is basically the principal way that magic and prayer are also believed to work.

Yeah, I'm basically suggesting that that's a real possibility while at the same time not denying that Jung, et al, may have provided valuable pieces of the puzzle.

The "thought-form," as it were and if it exists, may not reside only from within our own psychic depths, but from some sort of "collaboration" not totally explained by the theory of the "collective unconscious."

It should also be noted that the various theories hypothesized here don't necessarily preclude an ET--nor extra-dimensional--reality. "They" could very-well be part of the "consciousness model." Maybe, possibly, sort of, it's the only way we can actually "visit" each other....through the transmogrification of archetypes/symbols/mandalas.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have mentioned this thought before and still hold this view, yet with some difference. God, Ancient Aliens or

In 1980, I had one of my 'BIG' experiences with this theme. I have spent my entire life trying to unlock the whole box that Trickster put before me and still am experimenting with my working hypothesis Ideas. From an early age, I have had contact with this numinous dimension that weaves in and out of my life, and was gifted with abilities that I have spent a lifetime learning about, and trying to gain some scientific control over to use more consciously. It has been a great ride and I still believe that Tulpa are a working component of the Whole picture, but not the only element that gives more questions than it answers.

After my 1980 experience, I delved deep into the Tulpa theory, because of a number of experience with myself and friends that seemed to show that the UFOs we were dealing with were products of Tulpa creation. One friend created one that came up out of a nearby lake, and we were sure we were on the right trail with Tulpa being the 'answer', so Naturally we decided to learn to create them and went about searching that avenue. It turned into a lifelong pursuit of mine and has given me many mind bending turns to consider.

Then, in 1982, I had Another even BIGGER experience in broad daylight, with the Dimensional Beings basically answering that THEY Were NOT a Tulpa, even though some UFOs are made of such psychic material. ( and Yes, Tulpa can have a physical external material component that is hard as Nails)
So, after two years of brewing the concept in my mind that I Had Created my 1980 experience out of Mindstuff, "She" came back after the 1980 Download of information to assure me I had Not created ''them'.

I unfortunately have no Nuts and Bolts proof, just my own assurance about my ability to create said Tulpa and the fact that at least Four of my UFO experiences were solid events dealing with Living entities of a physical human nature.

It was a September afternoon, sunny and bright, and I was inside my home, when "She" called to me as she had done previously in 1980, saying "WE ARE HERE".
I look out the window to see a HUGE BLACK RECTANGULAR BOX sitting above the pine trees near a creek that flowed past the land. I run outside and watched for about 10 to 15 minutes as it hung silently in the air. There was communication by mind with my 'contact' and She assured me that I had NOT created them, even though that was a viable thought process regarding some encounters.
Of Course I wanted proof or a better view but was told not to photograph nor get binoculars because their time was limited and I should just observe. Which I did.
The "Box" was rectangular and BLACK like No black I have seen before, it seemed to absorb light so no reflections appeared as it was southwest of me and the sun was shining. There were No windows, nor seams or any obvious signs of where one entered this craft. I understood it to be Interdimensional and of a Time machine type device that carried my contact and her co workers around.
After a bit of time I could stand it no more and ran for my camera,, only to be told 'Goodbye for Now" and to return to view only open sky above the pine trees.
I was very involved with Mufon and such groups at the time, but decided not to make a report except to George Fawcett privately. Fawcett is a well known local researcher now deceased. The reason I didn't make a report is because of the Tulpa experiments, and my Magickal work and I didn't want to be labelled more of nutjob than I know I am...lol. The Next day 7 people had reported seeing a UFO in the area to the local newspaper.

So,, for now I will leave it at this.
Yes UFO can be Tulpa, but NOT every Tulpa is Manmade.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Wow, great stuff EarthCitizen. I was glued to my monitor. Deserves a thread of its own.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

There are also the personal accounts of witnesses to UFO phenomena who claim to feel like there is some sort of psychic connection with the "vehicles" and claim that their movements are in sync with their thoughts.

The element of psychic connection is a very telling one. Thanks for mentioning it.

It's a common denominator linking the UFO phenomenon to it's earlier cultural incarnations (gods, fairies, ancestral spirits, nature spirits, etc).

But it's a common denominator that is under-emphasized. The technological, materialistic aspects of a 'nuts n bolts' angle are stressed instead for a materialistic, scientistic, industrialized culture.

"To begin with, many aspects of UFO sightings have to do with the paranormal; yet psychic phenomena, paranormal phenomena have been consistently pushed under the rug by most UFO investigators. That is due in part to the fact that witnesses tell you such things only after you have gained their trust. But very often they are a challenge to the beliefs or the world view of the investigators. They may not be ready to hear it or they may not publish it because they think it would damage their credibility. And since they are in the business of giving credibility to the subject they don’t want to reveal the paranormal aspects of it.

In Close Encounter situations there is often a profound long- term psychological behavior change in the witness. Sometimes it’s for the better and sometimes it’s for the worse. You occasionally meet people who seem very enlightened, who have a very positive attitude toward life, who think they have psychic abilities, and when you ask them when they first became aware of this they will trace it to a time when they saw a UFO."

-Dr. Jacques Vallee

The psychological changes and enhanced psychic ability are due to the activation of archetypes in the psyche of the contactee. The archetype of 'mana' is closely tied to the archetype of the trickster.

The contactees with activated archetypes are the center of UFO flaps. The contactee is a 'mana personality' - essentially a shaman.

It's not because ET has some sort of technological psychic ray-gun that it fires at people from a nuts n' bolts ship in orbit or whatnot.

It's because our psychic ability is inherent.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Before we use "archetype" as meaning a particular something, it should probably be defined.

The term archetype refers to either:

1. A statement, or pattern of behavior, a prototype upon which others are copied, patterned, or emulated.

2. The Platonic philosophical idea, referring to pure forms which embody the fundamental characteristics of a thing.

3. In Jungian psychology, archetypes refer to a collectively inherited unconscious idea, pattern of thought, image, etc., universally present in individual psyches.

4. Archetypes can refer to a constantly recurring symbol or motif in literature, painting or mythology. This usage of the term draws from both comparative anthropology and Jungian archetypal theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

It should also be noted that Jung had viewpoints not always acknowledged--or even concatenate with the theories--in his own works.

The Occult World of CG Jung

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

I find this theory plausible, but it stems from the ego - don't you think?

Is that a trick question?

We are the end all, most advanced species and nothing exists outside of our understanding, so it is WE who project our paranormal/supernatural phenomenon.

It's a safe comforting thought, that we ourselves is behind it all. That we are the apex of conscious sentience.

Cirque

I admit, I do find it liberating. We can withdraw our projections (including the ones we put on each other), become enlightened, and fix our problems by gaining conscious control of our collective paranormal abilities, instead of leaving them to the unconscious.

But is sure isn't easy.

On the other hand, it would be comforting to think there is a more advanced species out there that can swoop down and save us from ourselves, can do the dirty-work for us, if need be.

I guess there are pros and cons either way, eh?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

So, even though this is the most likely explanation for most if not all UFO and religious encounters,

most likely according to whom exactly?
Or are you speaking for all of humanity?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Some say that Admiral Byrd's 1946 expedition "Highjump" was to discover the Nazi UFO base rumored to be in the Antarctic. Here is a quote from wikipedia.

Admiral Byrd in an interview with Lee van Atta of International News Service aboard the expeditions command ship, the USS Mount Olympus, discussed the lessons learned from the operation. The interview appeared in the Wednesday, March 5, 1947 edition of the Chilean newspaper El Mercurio, and read in part as follows: ‘Admiral Richard E. Byrd warned today that the United States should adopt measures of protection against the possibility of an invasion of the country by hostile planes coming from the polar regions. The admiral explained that he was not trying to scare anyone, but the cruel reality is that in case of a new war, the United States could be attacked by planes flying over one or both poles. This statement was made as part of a recapitulation of his own polar experience, in an exclusive interview with International News Service. Talking about the recently completed expedition, Byrd said that the most important result of his observations and discoveries is the potential effect that they have in relation to the security of the United States. The fantastic speed with which the world is shrinking – recalled the admiral – is one of the most important lessons learned during his recent Antarctic exploration. I have to warn my compatriots that the time has ended when we were able to take refuge in our isolation and rely on the certainty that the distances, the oceans, and the poles were a guarantee of safety.
U.F.O. Secrets of the Third Reich
A highly controversial German mockumentary: UFO - Technology Secrets and the Third Reich. suggests at the end of the hour-long film, that the real reason for the expedition was to seek out a secret German UFO station still operating in the Antarctic.
Third Reich. Operation «UFO»
In 2006, Vitaly Pravdivtsev released a 45min. mockumentary broadcasted on the Russian Public Channel which claims the Operation Highjump's naval expedition was attacked by flying saucers defending the nazi secret base 211 located in New Swabia, Antarctica.

Furthermore, some say that the fleet unexpectedly withdrew with losses.

If your theory is applied to Byrd's Antarctic UFO encounter (as quoted above), would it not seem to imply that the US Navy was engaged and driven off by an archetypal myth?

edit on 8-8-2013 by leostokes because: Add another sentence.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Very interesting read op, even more interesting for me because I was thinking about that general concept today without knowing that there is a name for it. I was thinking about how we live in a reality that is based a lot of the time on fiction. 9/11 being the perfect example, we live in a world today who's foundation is a lie. The war on terrorism, NSA spying, the patriot act, gitmo, in fact everything that has led to the police state of a country that we live in is based on lies. They repeated the fiction so many times that people started to believe it, and created their own thought forms based on the original lies. How much of what we think about history is completely bogus, is that the trickster that has totally fooled us to the truth of our real history?

Btw, I firmly believe that Sandy Hook happened exactly one week before Dec. 21, 2012 for a reason. If there is something to this tulpa stuff, would it not make perfect sense that someone would want to prevent the largest collective tulpa ever? If tulpa's are real, the injection of negative emotions caused by Sandy could have offset a potential event.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join