It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager tasered, dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

A teenager has died after being shot by a Taser while trying to escape from Miami police officers.

Israel Hernandez-Llach, 18, was confronted by officers when they found him spray-painting an abandoned fast food building on Tuesday morning.

He fled the scene, leading officers on a foot chase through Miami Beach, before he was cornered and shot with the Taser when he ignored orders to stop.

Miami Police Chief Ray Martinez said: "The officers were forced to use the Taser to avoid a physical incident."

Mr Hernandez-Llach, a talented artist, was shot once in the chest and collapsed.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

More police violence for minor crimes.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

You would "think" that once a foot chase was over both sides would be tired and the assailant would then be to tired to go any further, giving up.

It's a scenerio that will go unanswered and because the Police are the authority and most likely no video is available nothing will happen to them.

Sad scenerio, especially to loose a talented artist IMO.

When you were 18 (as I can remember) didn't you run from the cops as well??? I was never tazed~

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
so whats the moral of the story?

and what does it matter if he was a talented vandal, i mean artist?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Correction to the story.
The police involved were City of Miami Beach Officers.
Not City of Miami.

This happened on Miami Beach.

www.usatoday.com...

Local news stations reported also the police were laughing and high fiving each other when they captured the kid.

Just terrible.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They had to do it!
Zimmerman is out of town.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Quick call Jesse and Al, Oh wait he's 18 let them sleep

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

When you were 18 (as I can remember) didn't you run from the cops as well??? I was never tazed~
reply to post by sulaw

Umm no.....no I did not. Not only did I not cause a reason for the cops to hassle me but if I did have an interaction with an officer I talked to him with respect.

This kid, while a unfortunate event, got what he was asking for. For one if your dumb enough to tag in plain view for people and cops alike to see you, you get what you deserve. And 2 if you run from the cops you should expect some sort of agression when they do catch you. Cops dont like to run and shouldnt have to, but when they do have to it pisses them off. And finally 3 if your resisting arrest you should expect to be tasered. Batons dont work any more because people claim that the police beat them so now they resort to tasers. Bottom line you reap what you sow.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mitsuskitzo

The point being is that Kids get into trouble. Whether it's a House Party being broken up and all teens booking or whatever have you. Not everyone is built that way Mitsu~ Not everyone has strict morales and values. And even if one was raised that way, I've known many that when we see "Cherries and Berries" a plum of dust is in it's wake because even "Good" kids do stupid stuff.

I totally understand your post too, but that's far from Reality with the youth of this nation. This kid obviously knew he was doing something he wasn't supposed to and didn't want to get caught~

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have no sympathy for him.

He was messing with others property and ignored orders to stop.
Screw him.

I have problems with vandals where i live and I have fantasized about the brutality I would do if I caught one.
They have no respect for other's property and do it under cover in the dark like cowards.
This story warms the cockles of my heart.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Lets be fair here.
Instead of posting the typical police bashing threads...lets talk about idiotic,dumb,uneducated citizens at the same time.
Like this moron for instance.

For some reason,you people on here (who probably have never been arrested or dealt with many cops) don't address the dummies in society...its always the cops fault.
I have been arrested quite a few times and have never had a problem with the police,never been beat,never been framed and never had a hard time....why is that??

Keyboard warriors really do make me chuckle sometimes.

There are more dumb citizens then there are bad cops....its mathematical based on the ratio of citizens to police.

edit on 8-8-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mitsuskitzo

reply to post by sulaw

Umm no.....no I did not. Not only did I not cause a reason for the cops to hassle me but if I did have an interaction with an officer I talked to him with respect.

This kid, while a unfortunate event, got what he was asking for. For one if your dumb enough to tag in plain view for people and cops alike to see you, you get what you deserve. And 2 if you run from the cops you should expect some sort of agression when they do catch you. Cops dont like to run and shouldnt have to, but when they do have to it pisses them off. And finally 3 if your resisting arrest you should expect to be tasered. Batons dont work any more because people claim that the police beat them so now they resort to tasers. Bottom line you reap what you sow.

Man I'm getting jacked with this sort of crap.

Oh you looked sideways at a cop and he shot you 99 time sin the face? You got what you deserved.

Bullspark. Complete and utter effing spark..

Lady was on the phone she deserved what she got.
Kid was mouthy inside his car, deserved what he got.
Tased to death for being a punk, deserved what he got.

You guys really make it easy to live in this world. You're the grease that keeps that ball rolling. While the rest of us are caught in the cogs of despair you guys think that as long as your bums dont smell, no one will ever want to see whats up there.

Good luck with that.. maybe one day you won't get what you deserve for simply doing what people do all the time. I bet when a maniacal murderer gets shot, its like christmas in your houses.. they REALLY get what they deserve.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I have no sympathy for him.

He was messing with others property and ignored orders to stop.
Screw him.

I have problems with vandals where i live and I have fantasized about the brutality I would do if I caught one.
They have no respect for other's property and do it under cover in the dark like cowards.
This story warms the cockles of my heart.

Death warms the cockels of your heart.

Man, I've gotta go get a drink.....

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yep, once all the bad cops shoot and kill and tase to death all the stupid people, we'll only have the smrt people for the bad cops to target.

Oh noes...

god almighty... where is the end of it all..

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

The end of it all is when people start acting smart and respectful to others....read the op and understand instead of doing the typical "so you blah blah blah"
I am not politically correct and your little whinefest doesn't affect me with you tugging your heartstrings acting like i should be ashamed....grow up.

If I tagged your house with paint every night for the next 6 months....YOU would be the one whining because of how much you just spent on a disrespectful little douchebag who has no bearing on the money you spent to get rid of it and the aggravation caused to others for no other reason then his own gratification.

Examples you gave me.
1.Get off the phone and be respectful when someone is talking to you.
2.Be respectful.
3.Quit acting like a punk...its actually pretty simple.

I knew a post like yours was coming.
Typical and weak.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

before he was cornered and shot with the Taser when he ignored orders to stop.

ignored orders to stop what?
he was cornered. so he was stopped. he was'nt running then.
unless he was doing pirouhettes in the corner and he would'nt stop. maybe the cops told him to "dance like michael jackson" and he refused.
seriously though, they had him cornered. so 2 officers have a kid cornered and they taser him to death?
i dont care what or who's property he was vandalising, he didnt deserve that

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Police Statement

Incident report

Notice on the incident report they mention him falling on his chest at one point. But this incident report never mentions the tasering or at least I didn't see it. Till we get more info on autopsy, hard to blame police for the action that they took.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join