It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made form the steel of the world trade centre USS New york

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by cody599

Here is some more information regarding this ship.

7.5 short tons (6.8 t) of the steel used in the ship's construction came from the rubble of the World Trade Center; this represents less than one thousandth of the total weight of the ship.[7] The steel was melted down at Amite Foundry and Machine in Amite, Louisiana, to cast the ship's bow section. It was poured into the molds on 9 September 2003, with 7 short tons (6.4 t) cast to form the ship's "stem bar" — part of the ship's bow. The shipyard workers reportedly treated it with "reverence usually accorded to religious relics", gently touching it as they walked by. One worker delayed his retirement after 40 years of working to be part of the project.

USS New York LPD-21

I think it is fantasic that the steel that came from that tragedy was used to build and Icon of Our Freedom.

I thought all of that steele was sent to germany?

Hmmm Now where did I read that story all those years ago... About all of the scrap metal being sent overseas.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Weird design...looks like a cruise ship and a battleship had a kid....

Can't seem to find much out about what those towers are for. I suppose much of the ship is dedicated to housing and caring for the 800 marines as well as the rest of the actual crew. Surprisingly few weapon systems for such a large ship too...weird. Can't help but think there are a lot of secrets about these ships.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

There is a good chance that you do not understand how it works so I will tell you.

The scrap was sold. Then the scrap was melted down by a company that purchased it for processing. Then the finished product was sold to the end user, which happened to be contractors that built the ship.

By the way, the government did in fact create the September 11th Victims Compensation Fund.

That I would call Tax Dollars well spent.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"The shipyard workers reportedly treated it with "reverence usually accorded to religious relics"

So those that serve in the military are going to be serving upon a floating curse. This is a death ship made from death metal. This metal had thousands of souls burned alive along side it. There is a reason the US kept this cursed metal, its cursed. What better weapon to send towards your enemies than something that is not only a physical manifestation of death but also spiritual.

May god bless those that do not know what they do.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

That is a pretty far reaching theory.

Do you have any facts to back that up?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I was lucky enough to see one of her sister ships commissioning ceremony, the LDP-23 USS Anchorage. The San Antonio class ships are pretty neat. I thought it was cool that they can take x-rays of injured people and beam it via satellite to Walter Reed to be looked at by a team of doctors.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

There is a good chance that you do not understand how it works so I will tell you.

The scrap was sold. Then the scrap was melted down by a company that purchased it for processing. Then the finished product was sold to the end user, which happened to be contractors that built the ship.

By the way, the government did in fact create the September 11th Victims Compensation Fund.

That I would call Tax Dollars well spent.

I know exactly how it works. Though, I doubt seriously it worked like you mentioned above.

Though you got one thing right.. TAX DOLLARS... which had nothing to do with selling the scraps from the WTC. So we americans are footing the bill for something the government probably had a hand in, in the first place.

Well spent? Hardly... That's blood money. We paid for those victims when there shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

The news that was going around back then was... all that metal was loaded, sold and shipped overseas. I think, if i'm not mistaken, it was Germany. What's on this ship is only a VERY small portion of metal that was part of the WTC. A scrap indeed... less than a thousandth of the makeup of the ship.

So.. I dont know about you, but to me.. Germany and Louisiana are two different places. I know.. cuz ive never been to Germany, but I was born and raised in Louisiana.
edit on 8-8-2013 by theRhenn because: ooops I said # instead of ship

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What's the best way to get rid of evidence from a crime scene? Melt it down and make a ship out of it. This ship will be non smoking of course wouldn't want someone to drop a match and melt a hole through it.

Never forget yeah right never forget how America was stupid enough to fall for a false flag.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The towers house the antenna and radar arrays. It's designed to make the boat more stealthy, as it is an amphibious assault craft. (needs to get closer to shore, and thereby enemies).

They can launch/land/spot up to 6 Osprey's or launch/land up to 4 Sea Knight helo's. The ship I saw had one of the amphibious assault hovercraft in the hanger, along with some amphibious APC's.

It truly is state of the art, it has an incredible amount of fiber optics running throughout the ship. It has a 24 bed infirmary, 2 operating rooms, and 2 dental rooms.

It can accommodate a landing force of 699 troops, and up to 800 in a "surge". They also can take on additional people during evacuations. I can't remember the exact number of meals per-day the galley can dish out, but it was well over 1,000.
edit on 8-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That's right!!

One day, 100 years from now.. 9/11 will be known as a "nessissary evil needed to bring evil people to justice" like every other war's genesis we were involved in.

edit on 8-8-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Let's hope it doesn't catch on fire....

They will need some good extinguishers on that particular boat

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You are in contradiction of yourself.

First you say that you know exactly how it works and then you say that you doubt it works like that.

Well, .. which it is.

By the way, unless you can show any concrete proof that the government was involved in that then you are doing nothing more than blowing air.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by abeverage

Many thanks
And respect to you

Cody

Cody I may not have respect for the current state and policies being passed down to our Brothers, Sisters, Wives, Husbands, Fathers and Mothers all serving our faltering once great Nation, but I do respect them.

And there in, is a World of difference!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You are in contradiction of yourself.

First you say that you know exactly how it works and then you say that you doubt it works like that.

Well, .. which it is.

By the way, unless you can show any concrete proof that the government was involved in that then you are doing nothing more than blowing air.

I'm not contradicting myself. I'm contradicting you. How do you not see that?

C'mon.. The clues are everywhere. Must we go over all of the bullet points. Grab any 911 thread here and you'll see it. I dont need to bring it up. Many, many, MANY people have done so already. Seriously.. Pick any 911 thread here that you want. Thermite... Building 7, controlled demolition, absense of plane wreckages on all 4 accounts vs plane wreckage on ANY other sites not involving 911... Missing bodies, a hole in the pentagon that doesn't add up to the plane that hit it... man I could go on for days.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Fact time boys and girls

en.wikipedia.org...

USS New York (LPD-21), the fifth San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock, is the seventh ship of the United States Navy to be named after the state of New York.[1][4] New York has a crew of 360, and can also carry up to 700 Marines. The ship is notable for using steel that was salvaged from the World Trade Center after it was destroyed in the September 11 attacks.

As for the steel used from the twin towers.

7.5 short tons (6.8 t) of the steel used in the ship's construction came from the rubble of the World Trade Center; this represents less than one thousandth of the total weight of the ship.[7] The steel was melted down at Amite Foundry and Machine in Amite, Louisiana, to cast the ship's bow section. It was poured into the molds on 9 September 2003, with 7 short tons (6.4 t) cast to form the ship's "stem bar" — part of the ship's bow. The shipyard workers reportedly treated it with "reverence usually accorded to religious relics", gently touching it as they walked by. One worker delayed his retirement after 40 years of working to be part of the project.[8]

It was melted down and cast. So it's strength is just fine.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Here is the launching ceremony.

The LPD's are Ballistic Missile Defense capable.

Mike
edit on 8-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You actually did contradict yourself.

You also have Not cited Any Concrete Proof.

Everyone of those thread are based on conjecture, supposition, inference, speculation, assumption, rumors, gossip, and theory.

Not One Piece of Concrete Evidence.

I am not saying that the government may have not been involved; I am saying that there is Absolutely No Concrete Proof of it.

Maybe you should take a second and remove your head from your fore-point of contact before making assertions without facts.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Have a look at the first page and you will find where I had already posted that.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You actually did contradict yourself.

You also have Not cited Any Concrete Proof.

Everyone of those thread are based on conjecture, supposition, inference, speculation, assumption, rumors, gossip, and theory.

Not One Piece of Concrete Evidence.

I am not saying that the government may have not been involved; I am saying that there is Absolutely No Concrete Proof of it.

Maybe you should take a second and remove your head from your fore-point of contact before making assertions without facts.

Wrong again...
I said.. I knew how it worked.
I said... I doubt that it works the way he was talking about.. meaning, the way he mentioned in the manner in which he was speaking...
- as in.. being melted down and cast in Lousiana. Read the whole response. not part of it.

If by concrete you mean... Nothing in our history is anything concrete.. You may have an apple on your desk.. I'm not there for the proof to be concrete. You can take a picture to prove it.. Still not concrete. Could be doctored, could be another location... infinite possibilities. There is no such thing as concrete proof as long as there is doubt by any one person.. meaning, no such animal.

Now.. if you want to say, my mailbox was ran over last night because it's laying on it's side with tire prints marked into the sides of the box itself, though no car is there currently.. it's safe to say it happened.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I never mentioned anything about Louisiana. So you are hosed coming out of the gate.

And, the process works exactly as I said it did. Though it appears that you are having a hard time grasping that.

Nothing in our history is anything concrete

I would call that failed logic on your part.

There is Concrete proof that the Earth is Not Flat.
There is Concrete proof that H2O is made from hydrogen and oxygen.
There is Concrete proof that shows it is possible to send a ship to Mars.

I could go on for years making note of what things we have concrete proof for. But then I am not sure that you would be able to understand it all.

edit on 8-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join