link   
Hi guys

Did a search and didn't find this I was amazed

If already posted ............. please remove mods

Be proud my American cousins,.......................be very proud indeed

She was built from 24,000 tons of scrap from the world trade centre

Behold the beauty

Most importantly

USS New York It was built with 24,000 tons of scrap steel from the World Trade Center .. It is the fifth in a new class of warship - designed for missions that include special operations against terrorists. It will carry a crew of 360 sailors and 700 combat-ready Marines to be delivered ashore by helicopters and assault craft.

. Steel from the World Trade Center was melted down in a foundry in Amite , LA to cast the ship's bow section. When it was poured into the molds on Sept 9, 2003, 'those big rough steelworkers treated it with total reverence,' recalled Navy Capt. Kevin Wensing, who was there. 'It was a spiritual moment for everybody there.'

Junior Chavers, foundry operations manager, said that when the trade center steel first arrived, he touched it with his hand and the 'hair on my neck stood up.' 'It had a big meaning to it for all of us,' he said. 'They knocked us down. They can't keep us down. We're going to be back.' The ship's motto? 'Never Forget'

Respect

Cody

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm glad they let those towers fall down so they could build more weapons of mass destruction. Thank you Dick Cheney.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwerty12345
I'm glad they let those towers fall down so they could build more weapons of mass destruction. Thank you Dick Cheney.

Thank you for your contribution

The pride is hidden in the cupboard

Feel free to look for it

Cody

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
But that steel is weak isnt it? If there were a fuel fire on that ship, that steel would melt and the ship would sink.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Steel can be manipulated in the cooling process to adjust strength, brittleness, flexibility etc,. etc. etc.

These guys are experts

I reckon they are pretty safe

Cody
edit on 8/8/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Be proud my American cousins,...............

FYI, we're not all American.
Americans on the internet seem to forget that.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Then he wasnt talking to you then was he?
FYI, Cody is from the UK

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Here is some more information regarding this ship.

7.5 short tons (6.8 t) of the steel used in the ship's construction came from the rubble of the World Trade Center; this represents less than one thousandth of the total weight of the ship.[7] The steel was melted down at Amite Foundry and Machine in Amite, Louisiana, to cast the ship's bow section. It was poured into the molds on 9 September 2003, with 7 short tons (6.4 t) cast to form the ship's "stem bar" — part of the ship's bow. The shipyard workers reportedly treated it with "reverence usually accorded to religious relics", gently touching it as they walked by. One worker delayed his retirement after 40 years of working to be part of the project.

USS New York LPD-21

I think it is fantasic that the steel that came from that tragedy was used to build and Icon of Our Freedom.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
GREAT! Uh...how will it be useful in the War against terror?...or the Terror of endless War as it should be called.

edit on 8-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yeah I'm so proud to be an American. We killed 3,000 of our own citizens for money, power, and control. Create a little chaos and people will be willing to give up their liberties and basic human rights in return for "protection" and "security" from "terrorists".

If that ship was really made to fight terrorists, it should sail right through the front door of the white house.
If I was a worker or a soldier on that ship, I would be pissed off at the immence slap in the face that whole ship represents. Yeah I'll never forget, how could I? How could anyone forget how we stuck a thorn in our own side?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwerty12345

Yes, thank you. This was my first thought but you beat me to it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Be proud my American cousins,

What difference does it make ?
Can't you rejoice that our fellow ATS members can stand tall and proud ? Regardless of race creed or colour ?

This is just one example

Cody

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh so that's where my children's SSI went.

Cut military spending, I mean I appreciate it from a technology stand point.

But frankly, Id prefer if the cost of that went to the Space program, Or schools.

So yea, yay for US misguided priorities...

ETA: Its kinda hard to be proud of Americas military prowess when all we do with it is impose our will on the rest of the world, we kill civilians, and we spy on our own people. So yea, I am not really proud the amount we spend on toys when the economy and social services burn.
edit on 8-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It is turning pretty damn vicious in here. Kind of like a rabid dog.

reply to post by abeverage

Make note that the USS Cole was hit with a 700-pound explosive shape charge. Have you ever seen what a 500 pound bomb will do?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
ATS

You're a strange mistress

I think I love you

Cody

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by cody599

Make note that the USS Cole was hit with a 700-pound explosive shape charge. Have you ever seen what a 500 pound bomb will do?

After what I witnessed yesterday

No biggie

The negative always hit's first on ATS it's the nature of the site nowadays

Cody

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by cody599

I removed my quote, as I didn't want to to be offensive to those who served or families of those who served on the Cole.
edit on 8-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wonder if there was still traces of thermite on the scraps when it was remolded...

Instead, they should have sold the scraps and spent the money on the families of the people who were slaughtered that day, instead of creating another symbolic tool of death.

edit on 8-8-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Many thanks
And respect to you

Cody

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Guessing it was meant for.... wait for it...

Americans...

<<   2  3 >>

join