It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Governments Deter Humanity's Innately Evil Nature?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I disagree with you right here, your opening sentence:

Humans are innately evil.

There are many who get up in the morning and go through the same crap every day because they actually believe that man is basically good.

Does government enforce this in us, require us to be this. I suggest you look in the mirror and ask yourself this qeustion first....why do you behave: fear, respect, afraid of being caught in your basest desires?

This is laughable to me, really. Government does nothing but provide a distraction show and event while what truly controls the outcomes works in the shadows. JMO.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The drop of water represent the whole planet.
The effervescent tablet represents the will to power.

Each bubble represents a kingdom or country.
They grow and grow by swallowing each other
until there are two (or three) huge ones left.
Then with a pop, they become one.
One big bubble dominating the world. (kind of looks like the all seeing eye doesn't it)

But it doesn't last.

Almost as soon as the Global Government becomes real,
the entire thing breaks down into tiny tiny realms.
With all the kinetic energy of empire building spent and gone.

Mike

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The day after Government has gotten "as much as they can get".
A "now what" question comes to mind.
I mean, obviously someone already has all that money.

Government should make up it's mind.
Are we going to automate all the hard work,
or
are we going to require everyone to get a job and keep working.

Cause right now, every time someone demands a job, we are sung a song about
how that job no longer exists.
But every time someone can't pay their bills they are told to get a better job.

Seems Schizophrenic.
As in the Government is Schizophrenic.
Which is unhealthy.
Maybe even innately Evil.

Mike

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Human beings are NOT innately evil. That idea is the single biggest LIE ever told, used from the dawn of time for nothing else than the oppression of the population... "for their own good".

Human beings are innately compassionate and selfless. What we see to the contrary is humanity's acting out against coercive systems of social order. Government does not deter evil in humanity--it contributes to it on a fundamental level.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Seems Schizophrenic.
As in the Government is Schizophrenic.
Which is unhealthy.
Maybe even innately Evil.

Ah. yes, and Mr. Mike, what do people and entitities (which, after all are made up of people) do when stigmatized and labelled? They respond by making their accusers look the same and even worse, don;t they?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
Human beings are NOT innately evil. That idea is the single biggest LIE ever told, used from the dawn of time for nothing else than the oppression of the population... "for their own good".

Human beings are innately compassionate and selfless. What we see to the contrary is humanity's acting out against coercive systems of social order. Government does not deter evil in humanity--it contributes to it on a fundamental level.

Thank you so much. I used a lot of words, but didn't cut to the quick quite like you did. Cudos to you.
Tetra

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The "open secret" is it's all about control. Nothing more and nothing less, and neutralizing anyone who calls them on it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

Ah. yes, and Mr. Mike, what do people and entitities (which, after all are made up of people) do when stigmatized and labelled? They respond by making their accusers look the same and even worse, don;t they?

As to labels.

In 1983 my Dad told me that something had changed, and now "we are all law breakers. It's just a question if they choose to enforce it or not." So there is no way to avoid being charged, labeled, or even found guilty of any number of things. Things which you either never heard of or were totally unaware could even exist. Now that there is the even deeper layer of accusation that includes the word terror, the government has a wide range of laws with adjustable levels of heavy handedness with which to apply it.

Every wonder why open exchange of ideas and invention is drying up in this country.

Mike

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Is that the best way I don't know, but what happens if one day you actually use this "rueger?" (I'm not a gun person)
reply to post by DAZ21

Perhaps in these days and times you would be wise to familiarize yourself with Reugers vs. Glocks....and Remingtons, as you need no permit for a shotgun.......the time is nigh. NO ONE WILL PROTECT YOU IF YOU DO NOT STAND YOUR GROUND> JMHO

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

We now pause for a message from our sponsors.
Remember kids! "If you see something say something."

Mike

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Originally posted by tetra50

As to labels.

In 1983 my Dad told me that something had changed, and now "we are all law breakers. It's just a question if they choose to enforce it or not." So there is no way to avoid being charged, labeled, or even found guilty of any number of things. Things which you either never heard of or were totally unaware could even exist. Now that there is the even deeper layer of accusation that includes the word terror, the government has a wide range of laws with adjustable levels of heavy handedness with which to apply it.

Every wonder why open exchange of ideas and invention is drying up in this country.

Mike

I agree completely, but with present technology, you can be made to "look" like and an appearance preseented in a court of law, via technology, that will brand you forever as an enemy of the state and its people.

Great response. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

An interesting thread.
There are, of course, degrees of evil. It's been my experience that "good" people outnumber the bad, as long as the "good" are well fed, have housing, and their loved ones are not being threatened. Goodness prevails when basic needs are met. Take away food, water, shelter, and honorable folks find themselves crossing a behavioral line that they find shocking but (probably) necessary. As for a government's role...depends on the government.
In my town, crimes are committed and deals are cut in the Judge's chambers. You can steal from your employer, illegally phone-in prescriptions, or even take someone's life, and if you've got a hot shot, well connected attorney, you'll walk. Which begs the question...who is really evil?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
During the last depression (1930's)
cries of injustice got the public to approve
moving the tax rate from 7% to 65% for the richest.

I figure the American public will give the government even more authority
if the media beats the drums of the blame game long and loud enough.

Personally I figure ...

well this next part is gonna sound pretty insane as no one on TV is talking about it...

...but I figure that the whole crisis of
economy and government
is directly related to
the decline in birth rate in America.
Nothing else.

Here are the graphs.

Mike

edit on 8-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

We now pause for a message from our sponsors.
Remember kids! "If you see something say something."

Mike

Oh, yeah....true Americans inform on their neighbors.....This was the most disturbing, arguably, tenet to come out of the Bush administration, all while we were reacting to an inside job to divide and concquer us....Great point

Remember: You are either with us or against us, which applies directly to your post above about labels.
edit on 8-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Who is evil?
Humanity, or Governments?

On May 6th 2010 at 1:51 pm "Dow is crashing"

This was posted to ATS "Global Meltdown" forum www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's about a sudden 1000 point drop in the Stock Market.

** Later that evening **

8:45pm It's now obvious why the market ''crashed'' www.abovetopsecret.com...

Vitchilo

sources are posted that show a vote in the senate
to break up the big banks was to take place later the same day.
The implication is given that the vote failed because of what was happening to the market.

9:08pm

The 7th response after the OP

Worldwatcher (super moderator)
"Timing is everything, had this happened earlier,
our oil friends would have been in big trouble too,
but it happened after the oil markets closed, coincidence..

Two weeks later

April 20th, Deepwater Horizon oil spill

en.wikipedia.org...

Did we witnessing a war within the Government?

Mike

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00b276e1b5a6.png[/atsimg]
A one world government might not be such a bad idea,
if we knew who was behind it all.

Mike

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Young people want to make the world better?

This is what you do.

Put all the retirement homes along our borders and at our ports. Stock them with the latest in surveillance equipment. Elderly people want to know what is going on. And no body would sneak anything into this country if they were our gate keepers. Simple. Solves many problems simultaneously. And gives everyone something to look forward too.

Mike

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Humans are innately evil.

I disagree. I wouldn't say anyone is innately evil. Many choose evil actions for one reason or another...but many does not even equal most...or even much when you consider all of society

We live in a world full of proof in favour of this statement, just look around.

I look around, I see loving family, friendly neighbors. If I lived in the hood, it would probably be the same there also...with the exception of the odd random jerk

Now, outside of that, the greater intent...yes, we need government to establish civil society. Not because mankind is evil, but mankind is self serving quite often, and the exception...not everyone is good sort of thing, and so laws and the like aren't established to stop everyones behavior, but rather, to stop the few.

So, I agree...just not with the premise.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Humans are not evil in their nature, it is not innately although it might seem that way.
It is inflamed and nurtured, passed on from old to young in the form of knowledge.
We all know who we are, what we are, and we identify ourself with it, we are brought up and taught to do so, it is a prison from which we need to escape.
It is thoughts that reigns this world, thought is time, it divides, and it deludes us into thinking we are seperated from each other and mother earth, thought is measurement, comparing and deciding, choice.
Theoretical believe enchant, the gods, how we should live, how we must be in order to earn a place in heaven.
Innocence is taken away from us during our upbringing, being taught all that.

We should not surrender our freedom for safety, if we do, we deserve neither.

Governments movement towards a totalitarian state are not warranted, politicians are among the most violent people, just like the priests of the religions they try to change the world and its people, to bring it all in accordance with how they think it should be.

We don't need a leader, we need discipline in the original sense of that word which is the ability to learn, to see and find out for ourselves without relying on a teacher or anything else.

That is vastly different than being taught what to be, how to be, what to think, what to believe, what is wrong or right.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join