It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus does have children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
is it possible that Jesus had kids and his desendents can be among us today?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I guess it's possible. But ive never heard anything of it, and the romans kept good records
. Unless Jesus was a player
, i very seriously doubt it.

Vorta

Edit: why the f�k is this in weaponry?

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Vorta]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
iv'e heard of things, like historians are finding documents, that Jesus may have been married. < i cant get it to go to the proper forum.>

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Bane Hearth]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've heard about Jesus' brother named Panthera that was a soldier buried somewhere in Rome. But as for children...doesnt the gospel claim that we are his children? Egh, I can see this thread going ugly.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have also heard of his having a brother and i wonder why the church doesnt credit or discredit this.- the bible never said he didnt have children or was never married though.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There are several who have written about this possibility. Look up Barbara Thiering's "Jesus of the Apocalypse", for example. She claims he died in Rome about 60 or so AD, and, of course, had children. Her series of books is very intriguing, and very well researched, as she is a professor.

Others claim that while he died in Jerusalem, his pregnant wife, Mary Magdalene, managed to flee to southern France. The series of books starting with the well-known "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" follows this line, as do others.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
He had several siblings. 3 brothers that come to mind. James, Jude, Jose, and several sisters. the Gnostic Gospels also mention a Thomas or Didymus (twin)
as a brother.

i believe that there is a possibility maybe even probility of his decendants living
today. IMO it would have been more likely ,given customs and traditions of the period for him to have been married and fathered children. remember he COULD
have married as young as 13-14.
as i recall the earliest date ive seen given as possible for his birth is 7bc and
the latest date for his death was in his 84th year in Kashmir, that leaves a
very broad timeframe to look at.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
His wife was Mary Magdelene. The "Church" that Jesus asked to be raised was to be directed through MM.
There were something on the scale of 200 other authors who had the tome put together, that did not make itinto the new testament. There was a Gospel by Jesus himself, and MM as well. Only those that proffered Jesus being supernatural were entered.
The Da Vinci Code , though a book of fiction, does take historical fact of the alternate gospels & how MM was of royal blood, as was Jesus ( decendant of David & Solomon) and that they had a daughter named Sarah, and how they ( S & MM) were taken to Gaul to escape death.
THe church would lose it's place as the bridge to the holy; whereas Jesus taught that we are a conduit ourselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
there is also mention other places of 2 Sons , JesusII Justus and James. in
another place there is a daughter named Tamir (i think ) mentioned.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the only way this would cause an uproar is if he did not marry....but have kids, considering that there's all sorts of scriptures outright against sex outside of mariage....illigitamate children invalidates much of the scripture.
I don't think it likely...because there was much more of an uproar about his mum being who she was...and who his brothers were....yet little to no mention of him having children (just looking at sheer volume.)

new topics

top topics

join