It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's happened, USA sleep, Russia Awakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A pre-emptive Russian attack might go something like this;

4am.
Hello? Putin? Is that you calling me? What's up?
You've had it, Obama's pissed you off?
Yes i know he is very tall.
Wait what?
You want me to go to silo #47 and launch the ICBM?
Are you sure? We only have 6 left.
Have you been drinking?
Stupid question.

Look, I know you're mad but maybe try wearing those shoes you like with the lifts?
You always feel better when youre 4 inches taller.
No? Ok ok dont get mad; Today is the day.

You do know that Vlad has the keys right? And if I can get in, the console
is a rotary phone. Why is that a problem? Well because I'm going to need to
place about 30 calls to launch it. That could take a while.
Ok ok today is the day.

8am
So, I'm at the silo with Vlad, he got here late because one of the cylinders in
his 3 cylinder car went out. And it's really cold, so we're drunk now too.
Ok opening the door and....damnit . There's no missle..
Vlad where is it?
What ? Of course we looked around.
Vlad says we sold it to the Chinese....,...
We're going home, it's cold.
No WW3 today.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The U.S. spends more on defense than any other country in the world does, the same as it spends more on medical care than most other countries.

In the U.S., just because it costs a lot doesn't mean it's worth more than a fart in a windstorm regarding defense and weapons or medical care.

Russia knows what it's like to do things the hard way, Russia practices low tech methods of warfare and knows how to do it still, the U.S. won't last long after the batteries go dead.

It's stupid to assume that because you pay so much for overpriced high-tech garbage few know how to fix, use, or feed is better than basic low-tech, old faithful tried and true methods.

The U.S. is probably going to get bitch-stomped soon, bunch of arrogant fools.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Your 100% right in all you said on that, just tonight Russia said that America cannot win as Russia & China, Iran etc would destroy the USA within seconds, as 68% of USA gear is rusty and old and depends on electronics that wont work if needed.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I'm sorry to inform you but wars are not started by two opposing forces, but they are manufactured to serve an end and war is its means. The money creators i.e. banks and its private share holders constantly create back room deals to start international trouble. As of right now 80 cents of of every dollar spent on US defense goes to a private contractor. These private contractors have loyality to "money" (banks) and will gladly trade and sell technology all in the name of profit. Money is not what these banks are after but more or less resources that can further control society. If they wanted a World War to break out they will have no problem doing it, using the media they own to spin propoganda to create fear and hate towards others. As long as its many bought and paid for ranking officals in all areas of society (government, enterainment, information, military..ect) continue to serve their real masters then I don't think the average citizen has a clue or has an effect on such affairs, we are just along for the ride. War serves several means...it lowers the population of useless eaters, it consolidates resources into the hands of the ultra powerful elite who have no loyality to a country, it forces change in policy that benefits the afore mentioned people. As long as they few control the means of production through monetary policy no leader of a country is loyal to the people that he claims to serve but to those that gave him the means and thus the position of power, that is who the leader serves. And if they say there is going to be a war, there is going to be a war, no matter the reason given on the mainstream news.
edit on 11-8-2013 by PaladinRoden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
reply to post by Alternative4u

The US spends more on defense then the next 14 nations combined. That includes Russia and China. 50% of the worlds defence spending is just the US alone. When you ad in NATO its 70% and that does not inlude all the other US allies. The Russian military has been gutted. It lacks skilled worker to build advance weapons systems because when its defence industry collapsed they all went elsewear for better money, desertion and buying ones way out of the military is common, and a large portion of Russian defense spending ends up lining pockets of corrupt officers and government workers. The Russian military is in such bad shape they have tried but failed tp reform a couple of times in the last decade. All Russia has is its nukes. That is why they get so upset when the US talks about missle defense. I also do not see how the US as sleeping and I certainly do not see Russia awake.

One of the most ignorant comments I've read on ATS in a while.
Update your knowledge mate, it will do you wonders.

Btw, you think corruption exists only in Russia?
The Germans bribed the Greeks to buy their subs.
Do you know by how much defence contracts are inflated to fill peoples pockets? A lot.
Do you really think all that western military hardware costs as much as they say it does?
Do you think American corporations win so many contracts around the world, because put up a better tender and presentation? It's called corporate espionage and it involves intelligence agencies.

There you go, some very clear cases of corruption and shady dealings in the Western world.

The Russian defence industry is what? LOL.

So explain to us why they were only the second country to start building a 5th generation stealth fighter? It's called the PAK-FA..look it up, because several prototypes are already flying and it will be in service in the not too distant future. They also have plans for a stealth bomber. They also have plans for new aircraft carriers.

They are building new submarines.
New ICBM/SLBM's.
They are building new frigates and corvettes.
New infantry weaponry and hardware too.

Not only are they building new weapons for them selves, but they are exporting quite a bit.

With NASA's shuttles out of service, guess whose been keeping trips between the International Space Station and Earth going? The Russians.

When the US pushed Georgia to provoke Russia, guess what the US did? Nothing. They sat back and watched because short of starting WW3, there was nothing they could do about Russia rolling into Georgia.

The Russian military might be a shadow of what it's Soviet predecessor was, but they are spending more and more, modernizing and bringing out new gear.

I've said it before and I'll say it again..people on the internet might underestimate Russia, but the Wests leaders do not.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
The U.S. is probably going to get bitch-stomped soon, bunch of arrogant fools.

By whom and how?
I bet you think some ground based invasion of America would be successful.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join