It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's happened, USA sleep, Russia Awakes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well I have been shot down many times on this forum because I have been warning America they are not going to be a super power much longer under the current clown who is President, but it's happened if America like it or not, Russia is back, and while Obama cant see the wood from the trees, Russia will soon be kicking his B But, I have warned the current UK Government that we should not cut our defences by 48% over the Cameron leadership years, I have read where American people have told Obama the same, one big problem, they never listen to warnings, however do not be too hard on them as in 1912 & 1938 those warning too fell on deaf leaders ear's too, so we must now be close to World War 3 as we have same type leaders all over again.
www.worldwar3news.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Basically, and the time frame fits within the 80-year cycle in Generational Theory - look at events that were happening back in 1933, similar ones are occurring now. It will probably escalate at a slower pace than a lot of us on A.T.S. think, though.

After all, Hitler declared himself Supreme Leader around 1933-1934 but the World War did not break out until 1939. So the relative time frames to now would be World War starting in 2019 or so. So yeah, I agree, but I was thinking about it earlier and realized it could be a slower process.

Obviously Russia has been critical of the U.S. and active against its N.S.A. program, corrupt government and a supporter of Julian Assange - although Putin did not seem to like Snowden as much, I wonder why?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

The US spends more on defense then the next 14 nations combined. That includes Russia and China. 50% of the worlds defence spending is just the US alone. When you ad in NATO its 70% and that does not inlude all the other US allies. The Russian military has been gutted. It lacks skilled worker to build advance weapons systems because when its defence industry collapsed they all went elsewear for better money, desertion and buying ones way out of the military is common, and a large portion of Russian defense spending ends up lining pockets of corrupt officers and government workers. The Russian military is in such bad shape they have tried but failed tp reform a couple of times in the last decade. All Russia has is its nukes. That is why they get so upset when the US talks about missle defense. I also do not see how the US as sleeping and I certainly do not see Russia awake.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Do you seriously believe in a WW3 between Russia and USA ?
There are nothing to gain.. only destruction
There are no point for super nations to start a war.. there are simply no winners
its about profit, and big wars with big losses on both sides have non

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

After all, Hitler declared himself Supreme Leader around 1933-1934 but the World War did not break out until 1939. So the relative time frames to now would be World War starting in 2019 or so. So yeah, I agree, but I was thinking about it earlier and realized it could be a slower process.

The first shots aren't fired from guns anyway, the opening salvo is fired quietly from behind the scenes.

WWI
The Versailles Treaty
The League of Nations ....
Woodrow Wilson, had dreamt up the idea of the League - America - refused to join it.

If a dispute did occur, the League, under its Covenant, could do three things - these were known as its sanctions:

If the states in dispute failed to listen to the Assembly’s decision, the League could introduce economic sanctions. This would be arranged by the League’s Council. The purpose of this sanction was to financially hit the aggressor nation so that she would have to do as the League required. The logic behind it was to push an aggressor nation towards bankruptcy, so that the people in that state would take out their anger on their government forcing them to accept the League’s decision. The League could order League members not to do any trade with an aggressor nation in an effort to bring that aggressor nation to heel.
if this failed, the League could introduce physical sanctions. This meant that military force would be used to put into place the League’s decision.
www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

Welcome to the rock and the hard place for both Germany and Japan.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Russia is far from being what Soviet Union was. Just look at its economy, they are living of resources which is good and all but without industrial base they have no chance of really challenging US even in its somewhat weakened form.
Now China - this is different story altogether....

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
your theory would be valid, if we didn't live in the era of the nuke. the days of money making large scale wars has passed by and only menial small country tussles will be seen these days. even the jews wont risk nuke war now that so many of their close enemy's have them as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I doubt it will happen.

Russia is earning too much from selling it's resources.
Also most of Europe imports gas from Russia.

From a UK perspective, there is no point talking about it as a couple of nukes from Russia would wipe us out in a split second since most of the population resides in the south east.
edit on 8/8/2013 by diddy1234 because: My grammer is poo

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

My friend your 'Grammar' is horrible.... Also, proof read before you submit, thanks OP.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I think it will be a war on information as we have been seeing lately. But the U.S Government have been far from sleeping.. there a bit like Cartman
from south park selfish,pretentious and ignorant. Plus in the way of handling the NSA saga doesn't help.

I was talking to a friend about this subject last weekend, and he told me a story about a comedian who live ask if there was any Americans in tonight and got nothing.. And he joked that back in the day you would hear wwwhoooooo yeah..but with the way the U.S have been playing around over the years show maybe there not too proud to be a American like they used to..Russia are slowly coming round to letting people see whats going on in there country as time pasted they were very guarded.

edit on 8-8-2013 by coolcatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpViper7

My friend your 'Grammar' is horrible.... Also, proof read before you submit, thanks OP.

I think attacking the OP Grammar and not contributing to the subject is bad move on your part as you sound like a C**k

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm sorry about that but being poor sited I use a voice program to write on my PC my friend, and being made in USA it don't always hear English as we speak.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

#1 Russia produces more oil than anyone else on the planet. The United States is in third place.

Doesn't matter. The US has scarcely touched its reserves since the mid 80s. It would have more than enough to satisfy its needs and be energy independent if necessary.

#2 Russia is the number two oil exporter in the world. The United States is forced to import more oil than anyone else in the world.

Because the US has run into problems trying to use its own sources of oil and then finding itself running low. Paying others and stockpiling works better than using your stockpile and then not having a choice about paying others. This goes for any resource.

#3 Russia produces more natural gas than anyone else on the planet. The United States is in second place.

Again, doesn't matter.

#4 Today, Russia supplies 34 percent of Europe’s natural gas needs.

And again.

#5 The United States has a debt to GDP ratio of 101 percent. Russia has a debt to GDP ratio of about 8 percent.

The United States also has a GDP that is about 10x the size of Russia. Make no mistake, the ballooning debt is a problem, but one that will be remedied once military spending is reined in and people get back to work.

#6 The United States had a trade deficit of more than half a trillion dollars last year. Russia consistently runs a large trade surplus.

Again, Russia is playing with fewer rubles.

#7 The United States has an unemployment rate of 7.4 percent. Russia has an unemployment rate of 5.4 percent.

The United States has literally twice the labor force (155 million vs. 75 million).

#8 Since Vladimir Putin first became president of Russia, the Russian economy has grown at a very rapid pace.

After imploding during the Cold War, this kind of improvement is only natural. It's impressive, indeed, and the one thing I do agree with this analysis on is that Russia has made real strides in improving its economic status.

#9 According to Bloomberg, Russia has added 570 metric tons of gold to their reserves over the past decade. In the United States, nobody seems to be quite sure how much gold the Federal Reserve actually has left.

I genuinely have no idea of the point behind this information. However, the US has approximately 7,000 metric tons of gold reserves in total. It has the most gold reserves of any other country.

#10 Moscow is the second most expensive city in the world. Meanwhile, the United States actually has the unfriendliest city in the world (Newark, New Jersey).

Another unimportant statistic. Though Newark is quite unfavorable.

#11 More billionaires live in Moscow than in any other city on the globe.

This doesn't matter. But if it did, the US has more billionaires in the country overall, seeing as how it has several cities in the top 20 of this list.

#12 The Moscow metro system completely outclasses the subway systems in Washington D.C. and New York City.

Population plays a part here again, but it's also the fact that fewer own and operate vehicles in Russia.

#13 The United States has the most powerful military on the planet, but Russia is in second place.
#14 Russia has introduced a new “near silent” nuclear submarine which is far more quiet than anything the U.S. has…
#15 While Barack Obama is neutering the U.S. strategic nuclear arsenal, Vladimir Putin is working hard to modernize Russian nuclear forces.
#16 Russian missile forces will hold more than 200 drills during the second half of 2013.
#17 Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin made headlines all over the world when he climbed into the cockpit of Russia’s new “fifth generation” fighter jet and announced that it was far superior to the F-22 Raptor.

MrSpad's post is more than adequate on these points.

#18 It is estimated that Russia has more spies inside the United States today than it did at any point during the Cold War.

The United States has shown itself more than capable of dealing with them. I've also heard Russian operatives tend to defect rather often, though I cannot recall the source for this information.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolcatt

I think attacking the OP Grammar and not contributing to the subject is bad move on your part as you sound like a C**k

Also if he has a friend named "your 'Grammar'" who also happens to be horrible, then he should probably spent his energy trying to figure out a way to help his friend

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
MrSpad is dead on, on all counts.

Not to say there aren't some shiny new things in Russia....but such items are showcase pieces, not part of a large re-arming campaign. They are for pride and propaganda.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin made headlines all over the world when he climbed into the cockpit of Russia’s new “fifth generation” fighter jet and announced that it was far superior to the F-22 Raptor.

It's practically a carbon copy of the Raptor...have you seen it?
edit on 9-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Russia without its satellite states and other territories it lost since the fall of the USSR won't be able to challenge the US in a lot of areas any time soon. However I believe that Russia more than any other time in its history is in a position where it doesn't really need anything from the US and there is little the US can offer them. That's why it's going to be hard for diplomats to get them to do anything they don't want to do. Even with China there is ways the US could severely hurt them tomorrow such as trade restrictions as they are so reliant on exports to the US and also much they could be offered. The EU and China probably have more influence over Russia than the US at the moment and they don't exactly have much because a lot of the goods they buy are life and death resources rather than stuff they want but don't really need.
edit on 9-8-2013 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I just went through the figures from the CIA world fact book and it's actually the Netherlands who is their biggest export partner. I'm guessing that is exports to the Royal Dutch Shell company and they distribute to the rest of the EU. China is less of an export partner than I thought they would be, the US actually sends a larger percentage of its exports to China than Russia does. I wonder if government bonds count as an export? It might as you do purchase them. Anyway looking at the other statistics I would say they are on the rise but considering the fall and the fact the US continued to progress during that fall I can't see them as a realistic threat or challenger to the US as the sole superpower.

www.cia.gov...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha
I just went through the figures from the CIA world fact book and it's actually the Netherlands who is their biggest export partner. I'm guessing that is exports to the Royal Dutch Shell company and they distribute to the rest of the EU. China is less of an export partner than I thought they would be, the US actually sends a larger percentage of its exports to China than Russia does. I wonder if government bonds count as an export? It might as you do purchase them. Anyway looking at the other statistics I would say they are on the rise but considering the fall and the fact the US continued to progress during that fall I can't see them as a realistic threat or challenger to the US as the sole superpower.

www.cia.gov...

What does the US export? We no longer have much of a manufacturing base other than military weapons because the government gave it all away, so if a large percentage of the world's nations decided to reduce the amount of weapons they import and rely on fair trade deals between themselves and others for real commodities, what would any of them want from the US? What does the US produce that can't be produced elsewhere for less cost?

The irony of it is that while we're busily laying embargos and boycotts on everybody who looks at us wrong, in the end we will be drumming ourselves right out of a large amount of world trade. So all we'll be left with are weapons of war to fling around and unfortunately that's what we're doing. The only challenge to the US as a superpower is US policy.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Relations between Russia & America are even much more colder today than a week ago, they know that the chances of war between them is growing fast, Russia do not trust America, Obam certainly don't trust Russia, Russia has said it could make a preemptive strike on USA, and they have said that 4 times in 2 years.
I think we are on a slippery slope, once nations have no trust in each other the one who strikes first will survive war, the one who decides to wait die.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sorry, I just had to share this.

www.fakenation.info...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join