It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone stole some money from me, got caught - forgive or have them repay???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

If it's a moral issue for you, forgive him, collect the money, and donate a significant amount of it.

If there are others you know of that he has ripped off, maybe kick them a little of the cash, while you are at it. If the thief's motives were drugs, perhaps you could use some of the money to help get him on the right path.

In any case, collecting what was taken from you in a sensible and civilized way does not make you a "bad guy". Especially if you are willing to work with the guy.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Depends on how much it is.

But at the end of the day, if the money you lost is all it takes to keep scumbags away from you, not a bad investment (so long as it was under $500)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Even forget the amount? It's 25k???

Does this guy have that kind of dough?

If he does, you may want to give him a chance at paying you himself (even if settling for a lesser amount to get the cash now), or let him know it will go to a collection agent for the whole judgement.

I have two people that owe me just over a grand, and one that owes us a product or five grand back...and these things make me just miserable when I think about it....so I can only imagine that amount.....

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
Okay first the guy is not a friend, nor was he ever.

And my challenge is this. I might be doing him an injustice by not collecting it. If I don't collect it then how will he ever learn? And of course he might learn some by just maybe now that he has a job he's getting back into normal path in life. But he certainly hasn't gone out of his way to reach me to pay me back. I'm sure he's hoping that he won't have to. So he's doing himself, me and likely others an injustice. But again part of me wonders if I should just forget the whole thing, but it's not a small amount. It's 25k dollars

You already know the answer and it is not to forget the whole thing. It is YOUR money and he STOLE it! Get your money back! People who steal will often do it again. If the person is poor, there is welfare and foodbanks and what-not. No one has to take something that belongs to someone else!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

If poor, he'll never see it. Can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Night Star

If poor, he'll never see it. Can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

Don't mind me, too many prescribed meds. You're right.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Leave it alone? Nah, how else will this fool learn if there are ZERO consequences for his idiotic actions.

He screwed you over with out a second thought, he needs to pay for that, he needs to be held accountable.

Hell I'd say he's even do for a passionate ass-whooping.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join