It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lice Apocolypse!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My kid came down with head lice last week. So i've been doing the whole treatment, then pick there hair out twice a day for 2 weeks method. While this is going on i came up with a funny thought.

What if we had a Global shave your head day to rid the human race of lice?

I read some where that they were thinking of putting pubic lice on the endangered spieces list because of modern day ehm.. sculpting practices...hehe.

So. What do ya'll think?

would it work?

Would it have any other enviorme3ntal consequences?

Any chance enough people would go along with it?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
ATS Thread on NYC Bed Bugs
How about farming all the lice and bed bugs, collecting them, and sending them over to the Taliban in the tents?
It would be the 'green' way to wage war and it would be a hoot.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

New Bugological Warefare!!!
Got Green?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Probably wouldn't work.
There would be someone that didn't shave their head.
Or a mad scientist would have a colony of lice in suspended animation to release on humanity.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The head lice shampoo company's would not allow it they would spread them about to get buisness up and running again.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
The head lice shampoo company's would not allow it they would spread them about to get buisness up and running again.

Your soooo right.....and i'm way more of a sceptic.
edit on 8-8-2013 by artemisminion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by artemisminion

It wouldn't eradicate them. Even birds carry lice, along with many other animals. Eventually humans would get them again.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Just wanted to say Art~ I already bic my round dome of a noggin... I'm way ahead of the curve!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Bring back the nit nurse and the kids running around with shaved heads covered in some purple anti nit paint

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

It wouldn't eradicate them. Even birds carry lice, along with many other animals. Eventually humans would get them again.

different strain...human lice are species specific, and they can only live off the scalp for 2 hours before they freeze to death. Their eggs can last ten days, but no one would have long enough hair in ten days to support a colony.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This would also give all sufferers of alopecia and cancer treatment a few weeks of not being the odd one out.

I think there are far too many (esp orthodox Jews) types that have religious reasons for growing it naturally forever.

nice idea though, however, it only takes one or two eggs missed to start the infestation once more.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Having said that....

Just say anyone under the age of XX must have a compulsory head shave. And why not, a country could definitely stop most of it.

Its the kids that get them and spread them mostly

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by artemisminion

Originally posted by littled16

different strain...human lice are species specific, and they can only live off the scalp for 2 hours before they freeze to death. Their eggs can last ten days, but no one would have long enough hair in ten days to support a colony.

A species of non-human lice would eventually mutate the ability to infest humans.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me if these company's genetically engineer head lice so they are immune to all other rival shampoos except theirs lol.

and i think we have another conspiracy on our hands lol.
edit on 8-8-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Just use coconut oil it will suffocate them and make your hair smell great.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have a friend who used to get visitation with his son every two weeks.
The son arrived one day with lice. My friend got the neighbor lady to comb and pick his hair and shampoo the nasty critters.
He sent him home to his mother and informed her that she should check her other child.
The mother refused to believe that her daughter could catch lice (the daughter was blonde and the mother believed lice only went to dark hair)
The son arrived two weeks later re-infested so my friend shaved his head to clear the bugs again.
He sent the boy back to his mother and was visited two days later by Children's aid.
They were shocked when my friend answered the door with his head shaved too.
My friend explained to the child care worker that he was not letting his son get his head shaved alone and turned it into a father-son activity.
Both kept their heads shaved for the whole summer.
My friend now has his son full time due to this and other issues. The mother is out of the picture.

new topics

top topics

join