It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls emergency meeting with Dems at same time Glenn Greenwald to Testify

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Is this merely a coincidence or not?

Congress invites Glen Greenwald to speak to them on the NSA spying scandal and then exactly when it's supposed to happen, Obama calls an emergency meeting with the Dems.

Short Video.

If this was common, I don't think it would be news per se, but as Congressman Grayson says, it's only the second time in a year.

Does the Obama admin not think anyone will catch on? Or reschedule? Only making them look foolish and cowardly if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If Glenn Greenwald should have an unfortunate "accident" before he can talk to Congress don't be surprised.
I don't see how they shut him up otherwise.
He's not going to have a sudden change of heart, he's a real freedom-loving American who happens to be one of the few journalists left with any integrity and he is not backing down (God bless him).
I'm praying for Greenwald's safety as we all should.
Obama can't put him off forever with these tactics.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Is this merely a coincidence or not?

Answer .. NOT. Everything is orchestrated. Nothing is as it seems.
And I agree with Asktheanimals. I hope Greenwald has a food tester ....

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I like Alan Greyson. He seems to think outside the box and not follow the brainwashing mindset most members of congress follow. It's a sad state of affairs when a member of congress has to invite outside sources to try and get to the truth of government operations that they're supposed to be keeping an eye on. If government representatives are becoming programmed zombies, and are not concerned about the constitutional rights of its citizens, then we have lost out basic checks and balances to keep our government from getting out of control.

It's the very small number of representatives like Greyson who are doing their homework and who are concerned about government corruption and the removal of constitutional rights of citizens.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
If Glenn Greenwald should have an unfortunate "accident" before he can talk to Congress don't be surprised.

He is far to high profile now.

Once youb get to high profile then thats it, there notmuch you can do about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

It's a sad state of affairs when a member of congress has to invite outside sources to try and get to the truth of government operations that they're supposed to be keeping an eye on.

Exactly! Does Congress not think it ever important to do a thorough job of anything?

Don't they have aids to put the work together thoroughly for them?

What are we paying them for!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The majority of representatives are there for the power, pay check and perks. They have no oversight, and are not being held accountable by the tax payers.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

John F Kennedy had his head blown off in public. High profile means nothing.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I hope you don't mind if I make an observation here;

I was an usher once at a concert, yeah, so when us ushers went to the rows of people donating to the 'cause' there was this other usher guy dressed to impress- if you ask me. NICE Italian suit with matching tie and shoes...

Yeah, so- as I'm walking behind him under the stage toward where we're supposed to be handing over these donations, this guy (clearly has plenty of his own money) is simply picking his favorite flavor and inserting into his pocket. When our eyes meet, he seems to study my face, so I gave him a good hard look.

He brushed my darkness off his shoulder, and continued down the corridor as if I wasn't even there.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Obviously, the White House is palpitating.

They are extremely frosted by anything that threatens their existence.

I bet they have really been losing a lot of sleep since Benghazi and all the other scandals.

They will keep it up as long as they keep getting minimal resistance to their late stage psychotic maniacal tactics.

Haven't seen any recent pictures of Valerie Jarrett lately......I bet the bags under her eyes are at knee level by now !!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Gee willakers people!!!

King Obama already said these are all phoney scandals!

Be good little subjects and go about your merry way.
edit on 8-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Originally posted by crazyewok

John F Kennedy had his head blown off in public. High profile means nothing.

JFK was also going after people several pay grades higher than POTUS.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by WeRpeons

It's a sad state of affairs when a member of congress has to invite outside sources to try and get to the truth of government operations that they're supposed to be keeping an eye on.

Exactly! Does Congress not think it ever important to do a thorough job of anything?

Don't they have aids to put the work together thoroughly for them?

You're not going to get anywhere with John Boehner in charge. My assumption is the CIA or NSA has some big-time dirt on him that's why he refuses to appoint a special prosecutor for the IRS scandal or a select committee for Benghazi. I mean, it's not like he doesn't know how to conduct a real investigation, the Democrats already showed everyone how to get one done during Watergate and Iran-Contra.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join