It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Sprit in the House?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hello ATS, I had an odd occurrence last night. I'm curious what anyone might make of this:

It was shortly after midnight and the light downstairs in my living room was still on (it's on a timer) so the bedrooms and hall upstairs are dimly lit. I have two beagles that are both rescues. The boy likes to cuddle up near me and the girl tends to sleep down near my feet. More often than not they spend the whole night on the bed but sometimes they'll sleep on the floor or in the back bedroom.

So, as I was dozing off I heard the sound of a dog walking out of my bedroom. Sometimes there's a creak of the floorboard and sometimes there's a pop as their nails get caught in the carpeting. I sat up to see a dog leaving my room going into the hall and towards the back bedroom. But which one was it I wondered. So then I looked next to me on the bed...and they were both still there!

By now my hair was standing up like Shemp in the Three Stooges and I jumped out of bed and went in to the back bedroom. Of course there was nothing to be found.

So the question is, was it a dream or some sort of paranormal activity?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaSempre

Them damn "Sprits" I tell ya. Pics or it didn't happen

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Considering that you were "dozing off", I'd imagine that your mind was just playing tricks on you. You probably were thinking about the dogs, unaware that they were on the bed... you heard a sound and expected it to be your dog. As for you 'seeing' a dog leave the room. To consider the dimly lit situation, your expectations of seeing a dog, while drifting into sleep... it's entirely possible that you convinced yourself that this is what you saw. From your description, I wouldn't suggest that it was 'just a dream'... rather a momentary lapse in some cognitive functions.

It's the same when individuals claim that they felt someone in their bed, which usually occurs when their partner is absent, and they're used to them being there or they are coping. It's all about minimizing conflict, subconsciously manipulating reality to avoid cognitive dissonance.

At least... that's my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Have you heard this noise more than once with both dogs on the bed?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

That's interesting. For the past couple of months, perhaps years (I'll clarify later), I've been seeing cats in my house...not 'real' cats, but...uuuuh..ghost cats. I know, I know; "Pics or it didn't happen". And I'll admit, it sounds silly.

I'm not here to try to convince anyone as to whether or not 'ghost' exist, I can only offer my anecdotal view of what happened. I simply cannot fathom a scientific explanation for it, nor would I even try because I'd just be guessing, so I'd undoubtedly loose a debate on the topic.

Having said that...here we go with the cat thing...

Just a few weeks ago, maybe a month, I followed this apparition in broad daylight for almost a minute around the house...going from room to room. It began as a white semi-transparent apparition and was CLEARLY a cat; tail up in the air just plodding along in no hurry what so ever. As I followed this 'ghost' around the house, it was becoming less and less visible. After about a minute or so, I could no longer make it out.

Maybe a month or 2 ago, I was coming out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth before bed, and as I opened the door into the hall, I saw a cat just sitting there looking at me, maybe 4 feet in front on me. My finger was already on the light switch and by sheer reflex, I turned off the light, but immediately turned it back on to find nothing there. I know, typical, right...?

Just this past Tuesday night (Aug. 6, 2013) while watching TV, I looked down to see the camcorder bag sitting on the floor, but the strap of the bag up in the air, probably 15-18 inches off the floor, flopping around, or more precisely, similar to how folks wave a little novelty patriotic flag back and forth. After about maybe 5 -6 seconds, it just dropped back to the floor.

So, what I wanted to clarify was, for easily 2-3 years, I'd see objects move right before my very eyes. On two occasions, others saw this movement the same time I did. On every occasion, the object would 'spin'.

1. Roughly 2 yrs ago, I sat down in a chair at my home that was facing a friend of mine who was already seated. The table that was between us had metal files on them. ( I dabble in electronics and once in a while, need to file some solder spots..) anywho...as I sat down, this one file, probably 10 inches long, began to spin on the table like the hand of a clock, just a lot faster. Like, one full revolution took about 1/2 of a second...maybe slightly faster. It spun for perhaps 3 seconds. Both myself and my friend in front of me saw this. He obviously freaked out. (this one gets weirder, but I'll stop there for now...)

2. About 3 yrs ago, myself and my 6yr old son were talking in the kitchen when a cooking pot, 8 inches in dia, 5 inch tall, began spinning on the counter right next to where we were standing. It did 3-4 full revolutions before stopping very abruptly. Both myself and my son saw this.

3. Again about 3 yrs ago, I was doing some tidying up in the basement when I paused to ponder on what I should do with this GIANT mess I was facing. I was basically just staring at the vice on my work bench when it began spinning in the tightening direction (clockwise). It did (like the pot, if it really means anything), 3-4 full revolutions before stopping. Unfortunately, no one was there to see this one...

Other things happened but again, I was alone. So I won't bother mentioning those because I potentially could just simply be out of my mind.

So, after seeing the "cat", and assuming that cats like to play and spin stuff, I'm guessing that it was "the cat" all along. So, evidently, I have a pet who costs me nothing to feed and I NEVER need to clean out a litter box!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"Animal Spirit" reminded me of a personal experience...
Perhaps your Power Animal is trying to get in touch with you.

Mine seems to be a brown horse, with a white streak on his nose.

Go to the lower level of your house.
Meditate... visualize yourself finding a hole on the ground, in a favorite spot, perhaps from your childhood.

Keep your eyes closed.... enter the earth... you will find your animal.
Rather, it will find you.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaSempre
Hello ATS, I had an odd occurrence last night. I'm curious what anyone might make of this:

It was shortly after midnight and the light downstairs in my living room was still on (it's on a timer) so the bedrooms and hall upstairs are dimly lit. I have two beagles that are both rescues. The boy likes to cuddle up near me and the girl tends to sleep down near my feet. More often than not they spend the whole night on the bed but sometimes they'll sleep on the floor or in the back bedroom.

So, as I was dozing off I heard the sound of a dog walking out of my bedroom. Sometimes there's a creak of the floorboard and sometimes there's a pop as their nails get caught in the carpeting. I sat up to see a dog leaving my room going into the hall and towards the back bedroom. But which one was it I wondered. So then I looked next to me on the bed...and they were both still there!

By now my hair was standing up like Shemp in the Three Stooges and I jumped out of bed and went in to the back bedroom. Of course there was nothing to be found.

So the question is, was it a dream or some sort of paranormal activity?

If you were dozing off, and if was indeed a "spirit dog", one explaination could be this that I have read about. When one reaches that state of "almost sleeping", he/she is more perceptive to other frequencies, ie you can possibly see entities/spirits from that frequency's dimension.

When people are meditating to "see" spiritual guides, angels,etc, they can begin sensing them when they reach that state. I could be wrong on this one...if so, please enlighten me

That or your mind played a trick on you as previously said.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. If my power animal or spirit guide is a beagle then I'm okay with that. I love beagles!

I had a beagle for almost 13 years that I had to put down last year. I imagine some people would say that it's her spirit come to visit. I also have to say that I was leaning up watching the rear end of a beagle leave the room...and probably asking myself "where is the link for that". If it was a dream...well that's some crazy (you know what) to have me halfway to an upright position while still dreaming!

A funny but unrelated story comes to mind. Several years ago my neighbor stopped by. We were talking in the living room and while he started to leave he asked "By the way, when did you get a cat"? I said I didn't have a cat and he said "Sure, that one right there". I turned around and damn if a cat didn't sneak in while the door was open. I can only imagine what I would've done if that thing jumped on me in the middle of the night!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaSempre
A funny but unrelated story comes to mind. Several years ago my neighbor stopped by. We were talking in the living room and while he started to leave he asked "By the way, when did you get a cat"? I said I didn't have a cat and he said "Sure, that one right there". I turned around and damn if a cat didn't sneak in while the door was open. I can only imagine what I would've done if that thing jumped on me in the middle of the night!

The same sort of thing happened to me one time; I work at home as a graphic designer for printing and laser etching and once in a while, clients want to approve the layout right on the computer screen, which means them coming into the house and doing so. So, after everything was approved and what-not, we began to chit-chat and the conversation quickly turned to cats, and how she used to have one...etc etc..and I was thinking to myself; "why is she talking to me about cats??"

So, as she continues, she says something along the lines of; "My cat looked similar to yours.." So, I said; "Mine?..what do you mean?" "THAT ONE THERE!!!" she says, while pointing to the neighbors cat, who had entered my house through the WIDE open front door. Evidently, the client hadn't properly closed the door behind her when she came in, so the cat figured he'd just come in and see what's going on, I suppose...

It was just funny how the cat was just sitting there, licking his paws as though he actually belonged there the entire time.

top topics

join