It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Personally Negotiated Obamacare Exemption for Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Congressman don't purchase squat

WE DO since WE pay their 'salaries'.

Keep making excuses to them by all means.

That whopping $174k? Maybe they pay it from the rest of their income, sitting on boards of directors and such. If you want to have a discussion on why a member of Congress should divest from all major positions and stock holdings, I'll gladly have it, and we probably see eye-to-eye on it.

As for this instance, you simply don't want to admit you were wrong. Now you've move to the all encompassing "we pay their salaries" crap. For that matter, you pay my salary if you want to go there. I still get a chunk of my health insurance premium paid by my employer just like anyone else does. I also pay taxes. Who's to say I don't pay my salary? There a loop for ya!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
JEBUS H. CHRIST! There is not exemption for Congress or staffers!!!!!

news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Congress has won some partial relief for lawmakers and their staffs from the "Obamacare" health reforms that it passed and subjected itself to three years ago.
In a ruling issued on Wednesday, U.S. lawmakers and their staffs will continue to receive a federal contribution toward the health insurance that they must purchase through soon-to-open exchanges created by President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law.
The decision by the Office of Personnel Management, with Obama's blessing, will prevent the largely unintended loss of healthcare benefits for 535 members of the Senate and House of Representatives and thousands of Capitol Hill staff.

Lawmakers and staff still must purchase plans on the exchanges for coverage that starts in January, OPM said, and they will not be eligible for tax credits to offset premium payments.

Shh... Let them go,
They are on a roll.
Quality entertainment.

<< 1   >>

join