It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad never preformed a single miracle his entire life

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by LUXUS

Well if the Jew's suspected Jesus used demonic powers to do the things he did it suggests he must have displayed ability's which they considered supernatural...on the other hand Muhammad displayed no supernatural ability's of any kind and the locals thought he was just a blood thirsty madman!

You seem to think that a prophet needs to display supernatural abilities to be regardd as a true prophet.
Several Old Testament prophets did not perform any miracles or display any supernatural abilities.... and they are still regarded as legitimate prophets. How do you explain that?

edit on 9-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Yes if they did not then they were not, same with modern "saints"

Most of the prophets of the old testament however lived unusually long lives which suggests some ability's

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

reply to post by LUXUS

Well if the Jew's suspected Jesus used demonic powers to do the things he did it suggests he must have displayed ability's which they considered supernatural...on the other hand Muhammad displayed no supernatural ability's of any kind and the locals thought he was just a blood thirsty madman!

You seem to think that a prophet needs to display supernatural abilities to be regardd as a true prophet.
Several Old Testament prophets did not perform any miracles or display any supernatural abilities.... and they are still regarded as legitimate prophets. How do you explain that?

Most of the prophets of the old testament however lived unusually long lives which suggests some ability's

NEWSFLASH:

Every organised religion(including science) is made up for one reason. MIND CONTROL.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

2 billion+ Muslims World wide. Now, that's miracle

Actor: Liam Neeson considers converting to Islam
edit on 9-8-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Try convincing Jews and Christians that Jonah, Jeremiah and a bunch of others were not real prophets.

Oh, so now age is a factor in determining true prophethood? Stop moving goalposts,

Also, Islam acknowledges that the ancient prophets lived unusually longer lives. Maybe humans generally had longer lifespans - by our standards - thousands of years ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

He did oversee the beheading of 900 Jews, at the same time. Not a miracle I realize, but certainly a rather extraordinary act of utter barbarism and murderous brutality.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

In Any religion that a prophet life is written after death are most of the time embellished with supernatural deeds, in order to keep the faith alive.

That's how worshipers hold to their believes.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Oh, so now age is a factor in determining true prophethood? Stop moving goalposts,

So you switch on the News today and I'm all over it because I'm 300 years old today, everyone wants to interview me, everyone is wondering "how did he do it", some think it was my diet, some think I must have some secret potion, some think I'm in league with the devil some think I'm a saint....but all agree I'm a very special person!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by LUXUS

He did oversee the beheading of 900 Jews, at the same time. Not a miracle I realize, but certainly a rather extraordinary act of utter barbarism and murderous brutality.

Yes, but not for those times, that's the way things were done. When the Christian Crusaders captured Jeruselem in 1099 the butchered 50,000 Muslims and Jews, men women and children, even babies were collected up and thrown on a bonfire and burned alive. Mohammad was ruthless but he was a product of the times, all rulers were, regardless of religion. Beheading was a nice way to die in them days, quick and painless. The Christians at that time seldom afforded such a luxury to their enemy's. In Christendom only nobility were beheaded.
Its interesting that when the great Muslim leader Saladin took back Jerusalem 100 years later he gave strict orders to his men that not a hair on anyone's head was to be harmed and he gave all Christians and Jews safe passage to the sea.
edit on 9-8-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Answer my previous question.

Several Old Testament prophets did NOT display any supernatural abilities.... and they are still regarded as legitimate prophets. How do you explain that?

Or are you implying that they were all false prophets?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by buster2010
You can of course prove these other prophets performed miracles. I mean hard evidence not some story in a book.

Invent a time machine. Otherwise all you have is faith.

Faith is all it takes.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

The Christian Crusaders were as evil, and ruthless, and disgusting.

The problem with Islam is that the writings from the Medina, with talk about killing etc. are considered to trump the earlier, enlightened passages, of Mecca. Cleave that ugliness away and you've got a half decent religion. Leave it in and the whole thing must be discarded.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

So you switch on the News today and I'm all over it because I'm 300 years old today, everyone wants to interview me, everyone is wondering "how did he do it", some think it was my diet, some think I must have some secret potion, some think I'm in league with the devil some think I'm a saint....but all agree I'm a very special person!

Or maybe youre a figment of someones imagination, a Luke Skywalker.

The idiocy of people is obvious when you get scientologists and Jedi Knights in the real world.
edit on 9-8-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Okeyd57

Faith is all it takes.

No, adhering to that faith and following its doctrines is what it takes. Just believing in something isnt all it takes.
If you are that way inclined of course.
There isnt just one way, to each their own. And whose to say any of them are wrong?

Its conceited to think that your religion is the right religion, without even looking into all of the other religions in great depth.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
God’ wouldn’t dare give power to a prophet to prove thy self as better then another, or more unique, or above another human...but the devil will jump into a soul and perform magic tricks to make the gullible believe.

Muhammad never preformed a single miracle his entire life

That’s because he was real; and any other religion after that is totally obsolete to this earth and its humans, that dwell amongst the mist of reality.

The real God and Prophet of this earth wouldn’t dare, or imagined the thought of having to perform a miracle, or other magic insane fable tricks to prove THY EXISTENCE as being the all creator .

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I hope one day, we shall unite as brothers and sisters, regardless people beliefs.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LastAmazonOnEarth

You misunderstand the true nature, meaning and symbolism of Jesus' miracles or what he called his works.

If you read him through the Gospels, even just once, you will see for yourself, his kindness, gentleness, his love, and his power and you will also come to understand the nature of his divine mercy.

He could have rose and become a ruler, a warlord.. but that wasn't the Godly path of righteousness, goodness, justice, faith and mercy.

He met his tempter and those temptations, and passed the test.

He did not kill, did not engage in sexually undisciplined conduct, nor did he call for others to kill in his name or that of his God who is Love.

Mohammed otoh is a disgrace, not even really a prophet, except at the beginning, but he succumbed to temptation, and became a brutal human being who denied himself nothing as he rose to power.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mekhanics
I hope one day, we shall unite as brothers and sisters, regardless people beliefs.

The true Christian is willing.. but it takes two to tango.. without requiring a submission to an exclusive doctrine which calls for death to the other side.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mekhanics

The true Christian is willing.. but it takes two to tango.. without requiring a submission to an exclusive doctrine which calls for death to the other side.

which calls for death to the other side

Which side?

The universe is finely tuned and it obeys the law of physics. We humans lost the plot.
edit on 9-8-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

This is historically accepted by many and that includes many Islamic scholars but faith that is built on parlour tricks is not the sort even our lord and the true son of god Jesus would have wanted but some Muslim's believe he moved a mountain and others that he rode to Jerusalem on a flying horse and ascended in a pillar of fire at the temple which was then a church, indeed they keep a rock as holy which apparently has a foot print in it supposedly his, but other accounts say he died in his tent after ill health, still as he was a salesman he new how to con his customers and make them think it was there idea.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by auraelium

The Christian Crusaders were as evil, and ruthless, and disgusting.

The problem with Islam is that the writings from the Medina, with talk about killing etc. are considered to trump the earlier, enlightened passages, of Mecca. Cleave that ugliness away and you've got a half decent religion. Leave it in and the whole thing must be discarded.

I will warrant your point as mute as most crusaders had never read the bible and had been told they would be forgiven all there sins and be allowed into heaven (Blowing one's self up anyone) if they went on crusade but they at least were not unprovoked in there attack as the first crusade was called after the then pope heard about Christian pilgrims being killed on the way to the holy land by a turk tribe whom used to slit there belly's and nail there intestines to a tree before whipping them into running around the tree and completely disembowelling themselves.
SO WHO IS EVIL eh.
I think before you try to say any form of a paedophile tolerant woman hating religion (See the UM KIRFA and AISHA before you say I am wrong here) is half decent need to read the Koran,. I do not pass such judgement upon it's followers as they interpret that religion on an individual basis though in an indoctrinated and regimented fashion.

edit on 9-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join