It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear strikes on Syria: The genie is already out of the bottle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

blogs.channel4.com

The fight against Assad’s brutal regime has taken an unexpected turn late Thursday afternoon when a large weapons cache belonging to the so-called national protection force in Homs city, an arm of Assad’s Shabeeha, was destroyed. The explosion was reminiscent of the attack on Qasyoon mountain, a stronghold for the Syrian army and a location said to house missiles targeting Israel.

It was first reported that the missile fuelling station had blown up which seemed like a reasonable proposition especially since an ammunition depot was targeted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
webcache.googleuserco ntent.com
www.technewsdaily.com
www.veteranstoday.com

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
True? The battle for the minds of the public are being fought on many fronts these days.... From 'Syria Danny' the CNN Syrian rebel which had Anderson Cooper frustrated with truther posters .. to the release of hacked emails from the British Defense company which was offered the option to create a false flag chemical strike... Now, the nukes? The article has the writers of V. Today working OT... stating that this 'must be Israel'... Info / Disinfo ?... This article was pulled by Channel 4... Now tech news says it is a hack... you decide..
Google cache attached.. The video is absolutely striking.

blogs.channel4.com
edit on 8-8-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Where does it says anything about a nuclear strike on Syria?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

It is the original name of the story that was posted on the Channel 4 news site which was pulled. VT says it was pulled because it is true and has video of the nuke (real or not real?).. Technews says it was a hack...

view all the links...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

blogs.channel4.com

The fight against Assad’s brutal regime has taken an unexpected turn late Thursday afternoon when a large weapons cache belonging to the so-called national protection force in Homs city, an arm of Assad’s Shabeeha, was destroyed. The explosion was reminiscent of the attack on Qasyoon mountain, a stronghold for the Syrian army and a location said to house missiles targeting Israel.

It was first reported that the missile fuelling station had blown up which seemed like a reasonable proposition especially since an ammunition depot was targeted.

Related News Links:
webcache.googleuserco ntent.com
www.technewsdaily.com
www.veteranstoday.com

Nuclear explosions have a twofold visual affect..the first affect is a huge bright white light..and only after that, does the signature mushroom cloud appear and even then, it rises with a massive shock wave expanding out from all directions which from where the initial camera operator was standing, he would have seen and felt. It was certainly a large and terrifying event..but none of the footage in any of the vids shows a nuclear event - imo.

Ro

edit on 8-8-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
big bang etherway..

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by slaine1978
big bang etherway..

yes...but when compared to Ivy Mike...its just a puff of black smoke that made a big bang.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-8-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Look at this :

Small Nuclear Weapons Tests

www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-8-2013 by BornAgainAlien because: link not working

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Na thats not a nuke and no flash before hand. But if its a big ammo dump it most likley had the power of a small nuke.
edit on 8-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

that link has been pulled by channel 4

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
according to press tv there has been 4 attacks on syria with nuclear weapons and a brigade of soldiers was wiped out with chemical weapons look up gordon duffs story

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Even the suspicion of nukes being used is not good.

If this proves to be true then Uncle Sam'll be moving in.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
according to press tv there has been 4 attacks on syria with nuclear weapons and a brigade of soldiers was wiped out with chemical weapons look up gordon duffs story

I also found this one www.veteranstoday.com... which has an interesting analysis. Given the IDF was behind the initial rebel movement that destabilized Assads regime..I wouldn't put it past them, but then again, despite what this guy is saying this is clearly a ground based explosion. I see no evidence for air burst and again there are missing elements of a tact nuke strike that tell me to hold my opinion until further evidence can be provided.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by R_Clark

Even the suspicion of nukes being used is not good.

If this proves to be true then Uncle Sam'll be moving in.

This is the rub.
This, could do just that, as essentially an armed wing of the IDF, US led troops dying in place of IDF troops would be neat package for them. It would also lead to fulfillment of both Israels geopolitical and religious interests in Damascus,

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
People are correct, it doesn't look like the normal nuke. Big flash, fallout, mushroom cloud..

but then again, nukes like that were made a long long long time ago.. no reason they couldn't make something more 'private' now a days.

do I believe its a nuke but?... not yet!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
People are correct, it doesn't look like the normal nuke. Big flash, fallout, mushroom cloud..

but then again, nukes like that were made a long long long time ago.. no reason they couldn't make something more 'private' now a days.

do I believe its a nuke but?... not yet!

If science has learned to "mask" the tell-tale signs of a nuclear explosion -- the immense flash (the initial release of energy) as opposed to the energy released on a conventional weapon, then I would be scared. I do not think we have mastered that yet.

To me, a weapon depot was hit given the video.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Yeah I would agree, weapon depot..

just like the Israeli strike on the outskirts of Damascus last month (or whenever)

I just have this nagging thought that... if all we are basing nuclear explosions off is the flash and the radiation.. then I wouldn't be surprised if one day somethings released that shows we've found a way to mask it and it was possibly used in the past.

'nuclear explosion' sounds like such a loose term considering the scope of today's weapons and science.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
and I think, how many children were near that explosion?

This world...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
according to press tv there has been 4 attacks on syria with nuclear weapons

The Onion's editor, Will Tracy, released a statement joking that Fars was The Onion's "Middle East bureau".

He said: "The Onion freely shares content with Fars and commends the journalists at Iran's Finest News Source on their superb reportage."

Iran News Agency Falls For Onion SpoofA made-up story by satirical US website The Onion appears to have been taken seriously by an Iranian media agency.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Has any one of us seen what those new baseball size nukes look like?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join