It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Remeber the Post About 60's Rock Stars and the Military?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I remember someone had posted a thread about the rock stars such as, Steven Stills, Frank Zappa, etc all being military brats who had actually grown up together on bases, and were introducing a " new sound " that was anti war. The OP linked a very compelling series of links that tied it all together. Does anyone remember this thread? I really need to find it. Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Here's the link to the author's site.

www.davesweb.cnchost.com...

"Inside the LC" (Laurel Canyon). Excellent work.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Here is the ATS thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
interesting read that i read it years ago about how if you reverse some of the music their is demonic words etc in it and the tones from 432 hz to 440 hz look on you tube for reverse led zepplin.

most of the popular bands you can find their music on it one interesting documentary for you is the winged beatle about paul macartney

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

Interesting stuff. I started looking through whatever I could find from the 70's and incidentally, stumbled across some things in the 60's that really raised my eyebrows. Totally blindsided me because I did not expect it. I was researching an educational program within the public school system when I started stumbling across documents in a peer reviewed academic/education specific journal. Suffice it to say, from what I can tell, some of the same pushes that were occurring in the 60's among the various political movements were actually appearing in the discourse for a children's program in the precise same time period (1965). It's weird and I still haven't managed to wrap my head around it or even been able to decide whether it was incidental or deliberate. I totally get why "Dave" quotes Huxley at the bottom of the page. He's been used in academic journals to suggest all sorts of questionable things. Kind of makes me wish I could go back and time to meet Aldous and Julian Huxley though I'd probably just give them a swift punch in the nose.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
ah yes. The backwards stuff they were writing.

Do you know what you get when you play Country music backwards? You get your job, girlfriend and truck back....and your dog comes home....

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all your help.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

that made my day going to remember that one wish i could give you more than 1 star

top topics

join