It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: 1 Year on Mars. Presence of Key Chemical Ingredients for Life!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
"Key Ingredients for Life on Mars"! Actual presence, not only past presence. This could be the turning point in new NASA Comunications to the Public Opinion, on what lies Beneath and ON the Martian surface.

This particular statement (huge, in my opinion) confirm that could be Life on the Red Planet. Actual life. And this particular statement confirm that in that ancient martian lake (All results reveal an Ancient Abitable environment at Gale Crater) there was Vegetal Life and Animal Life.

And what could be the snext step? Find some kind of actual Life and find Fossils could follow this Amazing statement!

Source: www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...

To Mods. I searched for this particular news, but found none thread. Feel free to move.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

yep and we will be drilling for oil there any day now...but cool thread and interesting...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Interesting,
I just read another article about how NASA believes Jupiters moon Europa could also hold life:

Jupiter’s moon Europa could hold life: NASA

scientists have seen a fractured, ice-covered world with tantalising signs of a liquid water ocean under its surface. Such an environment could potentially be a hospitable home for microbial life, NASA researchers said.
Source

Truly remarkable stuff when you really stop and think about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks for this, Arken ... I'll definitely check that video later on and might get back with a more elaborate response.

But I suspect: they probably won't find & publish any further evidence relating to astrobiology prior to the next rover mission planned for 2020. They may 'officially' come across vague hints concerning microbial life in the past, but that will almost certainly require confirmation with a different set of instruments.

I hope I'm all wrong, but you know what I have come to think about Curiosity's endeavours on Mars. It's an awesome machine and a great science team - but openly communicating all their findings is probably not part of their agenda ...

edit on 8-8-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Arken

yep and we will be drilling for oil there any day now...but cool thread and interesting...

But the oil would be worthless by time it was extracted, processed, sent back to earth for use.

I mean, literally, worthless.

How does it work?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I doubt there is oil on Mars, as it requires literally forests and lots of animals. Mars most likely lost its habitability before microorganisms could evolve into plants and animals.

But if there were oil on Mars, the best option would be to store it there in cisterns for future use by the colonists.

The significance of NASA's research is about the environment and its past habitability, not about finding life (at least not until the next mars rover missions.

Mars might have had a perfectly habitable environment in the past, but absolutely no life forms. Consider that possibility too.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

But I suspect: they probably won't find & publish any further evidence relating to astrobiology prior to the next rover mission planned for 2020. They may 'officially' come across vague hints concerning microbial life in the past, but that will almost certainly require confirmation with a different set of instruments.

I hope something change, bu unfortunately I've the same suspect, like you.

This could be a good oppotunity for NASA, to dismiss its usual "turtle behavior".

But I know this is a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY and it not depend only from NASA.

It's an awesome machine and a great science team - but openly communicating all their findings is probably not part of their agenda ...

You are absolutely right.

What I found Really Souspicious is the misterious Black-Out of the Rover right some days after this Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures on Curiosity image.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Very cool!

I really think that the most we'll find (life-wise) on mars is evidence of past life there or maybe extremophile microbial life buried underground. Either way, that would prove a whole ----load of ET life naysayers wrong.

I would revel in that.

top topics

join