It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja vu and dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So this is just speculation but had me pondering. In string theory principles say that parallel universes are layered on top of each other or are part of a multiverse. Either way each universe is slightly or dramatically different (I may have gotten the theory wrong but I think I understand the just of it, if so please correct me). Now what catches my attention is that it could be slightly or dramatically different (like in a dream), so what I'm proposing, is that in every universe, exist another version of yourself, that's connected to each and every version of yourself, in each and every universe (hopefully that makes sense). So with that understanding, I think that when we dream we are just seeing or living in another version of ourselves in another universe. And deja vu would be the exact opposite of that. Which would imply that instead of seeing through the eyes of another, another would be seeing through your eyes. To me, it makes perfect sense and explains a lot of the unexplained, as in foresight and clairvoyance maybe even explain serial killers (apparently there brains are wired differently). After I pondered the idea and googled it, I found I wasn't the only person to believe in this idea ( or at least the idea of dreaming, I have not been able to find much information on correlations with déjà vu and parallel universes). And with that I will end this post.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Mhmm. So uni or multi? Verse or verses? It confuses me. On one hand you have only one and on the other hand you have more than just one.

If I realize I exist in one but can see myself existing in another and or an other another as well, do I still exist in just one or do I exist in all of them? I mean I did just realize I exist outside myself somewhere else I think.

Am I still me? Do I get to still be me?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

I'm not sure if your question was serious but I haven't really thought about that, if you are serious my answer would be ,yes your still the same person ,your mind is tethered to this universe and its laws but isn't restrained to stay in this universe , I am by no means educated jn this field, just ideas I've been holding onto

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Interesting that this thread has popped up as I was thinking the same thing today. See, when I dream I am only going to the same places- I dream about a resort/beach/island kind of place, I dream about an adventure park/water park/forest/bush kind of place and I also dream about the same city and also people- every dream I have includes any/all of these aspects and I'm always waking up feeling weird.

Weird as in 'that place is just so familiar to me; I've been there so many times'. But the thing is when I am in these places I know I'm dreaming. I can control these dreams. I've read heaps of books about astral projection, OOBE's etc and I'm able to astral project so what makes me think is 'is this me astral projecting and basically living a second life while my physical body sleeps?'. I could be doing it subconsciously but who knows!

What I enjoy about this 'dreaming' world is that I know that I'm 'dreaming'. I can do what I want, see what I want, I have 100% control over them. And it's an amazing place and when I wake up I realise (with disappointment) that I'm not there and I'm actually about to get up and go to work LOL!

TL;DR- I believe we have a whole other us living in a different dimension and somehow we channel them during our sleep.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Never thought about it that way, I've been wondering why I can do this naturally without any effort, lucid dreaming that is, I've also experienced obe , shame its not happening lately though. So how come do you think some people don't dream or remember there dreams. My man doesn't and i think its strange and he's missing out, i remember 4 at a time sometimes when i wake up

I too keep visiting the same places which are so familiar when im dreaming yet these are not places i have ever seen before so ill watch this post

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This is actually my first thread but yeah I didn't exactly think the idea, it was presented to me after I woke up a couple of mornings ago and it really stuck (don't ask how it's a little hard to explain) there's a lot I have floating in my head, I will add though it was a weird experience when I got the idea

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I tend to dream a lot. I do think that some of the deja vu experience does come from a dream forgotten, at least for me. I also think your premise on visiting other dimensions a real possibility, though nothing I can prove. For instance, in my dreams I usually visit 1-2 other settings/regions frequently, as if they were real life landscapes/cityscapes. In these environments throughout the course of many dreams it almost seems like another reality.

I don't know what else to say on this, its all my personal opinion because of my constant dreaming.

If what you're suggesting is a possibility, I wonder if other dimensions can see through us and our lives?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I would like to think so, that's what I think déjà vu is.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I've wondered similarly myself, although I lean more towards deja vu probably being more related to the flow of time in this universe & it's subsequent hiccups than they being a reflection of another dimension.

Dreams, on the other hand, the rational part of me wants to insist they're just your mind "defragging" itself. But the more hopeful part of me thinks "That's GOT to be a real place somewhere, it can't be a figment of my imagination, it's too real..." And I find myself agreeing more and more with my hopeful side more than my rational side on that. I've smelled scents in my dreams that I've never smelled in real life that are simply intoxicatingly beautiful, eaten wonderful foods that I've never been able to find or cook myself, seen & touched animals that just don't exist here. Architecture so unique, so stunning that it makes Dubai's look like an sh** pile. Landscapes that take your breath away more than any glorious exotic location on Earth ever could, even the atmosphere I breathe feels different in some. Heavier & thicker in some, lighter & thinner in others.

I like to think that I'm getting a peek through myself, or someone, of a world in a parallel universe, or that I'm seeing a little bit of a civilization somewhere else in this one somehow. I've reflected on some dream locations, and not once have I ever asked myself, "Huh, wonder what that all means." I've always asked myself, "I wonder where that is out there?"

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've been stuck on this idea for a while because I have no control over my dreaming, everything that's done in my dreams are done without me thinking anything of it, I don't even know I'm dreaming till I wake up. I don't think I've ever been conscious (so to speak ) in a dream, and during these dreams, time, space, and people are memorized like it was my life to begin with. I even understand the physics (to a degree). The creepiest thing though, is gaining a skill or learning something I never thought possible (for myself). My intuition though, is the closest confirmation I can get to an answer of this type (that is as close to emotion as I will get, with finding an answer, that's unattainable)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have déjà vu a lot, and while I'd like to think it's something cool or special the general consensus is that it's a glitch in the hypothalamus (the part of the brain that creates memories) the glitch being that it processes the same information twice, effectively making you remember and experience the same event simultaneously.

Or that's just what "they" want you to think. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by amsterdamn87
So this is just speculation but had me pondering. In string theory principles say that parallel universes are layered on top of each other or are part of a multiverse. Either way each universe is slightly or dramatically different (I may have gotten the theory wrong but I think I understand the just of it, if so please correct me). Now what catches my attention is that it could be slightly or dramatically different (like in a dream), so what I'm proposing, is that in every universe, exist another version of yourself, that's connected to each and every version of yourself, in each and every universe (hopefully that makes sense). So with that understanding, I think that when we dream we are just seeing or living in another version of ourselves in another universe. And deja vu would be the exact opposite of that. Which would imply that instead of seeing through the eyes of another, another would be seeing through your eyes. To me, it makes perfect sense and explains a lot of the unexplained, as in foresight and clairvoyance maybe even explain serial killers (apparently there brains are wired differently). After I pondered the idea and googled it, I found I wasn't the only person to believe in this idea ( or at least the idea of dreaming, I have not been able to find much information on correlations with déjà vu and parallel universes). And with that I will end this post.

Dude.. Nice to see someone on the same "page".

Wish I could explain further right now but I'll just mark my place here so I can write more later.
Good thread. thanks.

top topics

join