It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do YOU think to French frogs and snails?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Rodinus

Well...I have not been to France but I have eaten escargot and frog legs...I liked them both...although I wouldn't eat snails and frog legs on a regular basis they are fine to have once in a blue moon...

I have been to France and eaten both these dishes while there and also in other places: lets just say leave it to the french to cook their food best - it was very nice.

What was far more funny (perhaps due to me being 12 at the time) once when i was having dinner on the Seine river; was watching my mothers face as her "head of veal" arrived. It was a brain on a steak. Oh how me and my father laughed as she recoiled in horror. We ate her dinner that night and it was nice, tho i didnt go for any the brain myself, snails and frogs legs are one thing but a squishy steamed calfs brain - that i 'wussed' out on

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Dave...

Thanks for your comment mate

When you really want to try some garlic "SNOT"... piddling myself lauging here by the way...

Ask Cody first and you are very welcome to try our phlegm, garlic and parsley filled snail shells when you are daring enough?... ya big girls bouse ya!!!.. *poke poke*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Rodinus

Well...I have not been to France but I have eaten escargot and frog legs...I liked them both...although I wouldn't eat snails and frog legs on a regular basis they are fine to have once in a blue moon...

I have been to France and eaten both these dishes while there and also in other places: lets just say leave it to the french to cook their food best - it was very nice.

What was far more funny (perhaps due to me being 12 at the time) once when i was having dinner on the Seine river; was watching my mothers face as her "head of veal" arrived. It was a brain on a steak. Oh how me and my father laughed as she recoiled in horror. We ate her dinner that night and it was nice, tho i didnt go for any the brain myself, snails and frogs legs are one thing but a squishy steamed calfs brain - that i 'wussed' out on

Twas the last presidents (Chirac) fave dish... quite nice avtually if you get the picture out of your head!!!

Kindest respects

Rod

Cmon... some of us eat things much worse if we picture them no???

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Dear... ARE YOU JOKING??? MC Donalds????
Which city/town did you go to and i will "try" and explain why you had such a crap time?

McDonalds .. in France ... Near Basel. Fanciest McDonalds I've ever seen.
It was like a museum. Here, they are greasy fast food dumps. Over there?? It was fancy.

We were in East part of France. Around the city of Basel (where the three countries come together). It wasn't a 'crappy time'. It was fine. It was just noticeable that Switzerland and Germany were much nicer than France. Cleaner. Better kept up. And Lichtenstein was even nicer than Switzerland and Germany. I swear those people must actually sweep the forest floors or something. It was like a cartoon ... not even a leaf on the ground.

France left me cold.
Switzerland was nice and it was FUN. The people were cheery.
Germany had good food. Although I admit seeing those iron eagles on the border were intimidating.
Lichtenstein had great beer and fantastic strudel and was spotless.
The people in Lichtenstein were amazingly nice.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

reply to post by akushla99

Is this all you have to say? Degeuelasse! (which means if you translate literally (to puke up!!!) De (To) Geulasse (To empty ones stomach)...

Why do you state this? come on please, give a little more detail?

Kindest respects

Rod

Because I am a vegetarian.

...et, je sais ce que ca veut dire

Å99

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The only reason snails taste good is because they are drenched in garlic butter. Put enough of that on anything and it would taste nice, even a slug or any other garden pest.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Dear... ARE YOU JOKING??? MC Donalds????
Which city/town did you go to and i will "try" and explain why you had such a crap time?

McDonalds .. in France ... Near Basel. Fanciest McDonalds I've ever seen.
It was like a museum. Here, they are greasy fast food dumps. Over there?? It was fancy.

We were in East part of France. Around the city of Basel (where the three countries come together). It wasn't a 'crappy time'. It was fine. It was just noticeable that Switzerland and Germany were much nicer than France. Cleaner. Better kept up. And Lichtenstein was even nicer than Switzerland and Germany. I swear those people must actually sweep the forest floors or something. It was like a cartoon ... not even a leaf on the ground.

France left me cold.
Switzerland was nice and it was FUN. The people were cheery.
Germany had good food. Although I admit seeing those iron eagles on the border were intimidating.
Lichtenstein had great beer and fantastic strudel and was spotless.
The people in Lichtenstein were amazingly nice.

Darrned expensive where you live Flyers!!??

know the region well!!! (i go there quite often)... metninks that another ATS meeting is about to take place!... What do you reckon?

Time for my affternoon siesta...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Is this all you have to say? Degeuelasse! (which means if you translate literally (to puke up!!!) De (To) Geulasse (To empty ones stomach)...

Kindest respects

Rod

Å99

Snails eat LETTUCE

Joke and understood!

Pas de soucis

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Kindest respects

Rod

Å99

Snails eat LETTUCE

Joke and understood!

Pas de soucis

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Then they are also vegetarian

Pas de probleme

Å99

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The French have never won a war! Everything else rumored about them is too cover up this weakness.

As for the rest and in answer to the OP. I can joke about stereotypical traits but I have never met a stereotypical anyone. I take everyone as a person first, the rest just follows along like a baggage train.

P

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well i would definately give the snails and frogs legs a go. I want mine a bit more cooked though lol. The french who i have met did tend to be a bit pongy!!. But if i was over there im sure i would be to. I just love garlic, Those snails look quite good actually, I have never tried them but i would have a slerp with ya!..And wine is great. It always messes with my head the day after . But i will help polish off a few bottles. And me being an international style guru (cough cough) Im sure i would fit in society quite easily

...Also i salute france for the following....
Brigitte Bardot...

Laetitia Casta
Virginie Ledoyen
Zinedine Zidane

But of course the greatest thing ever to come out of france
....Renee Allo Allo

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I have been to France.
I have eaten frogs and snails.
I like frogs and snails.
I did not like the French people.

What did the French do to piddle you off Butch?

Kindest respects

Rod

Not too much. I didn't appreciate their attitude. I can speak some French and thought that might make things a bit easier, but they seem to look down their nose at all tourists.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
The French have never won a war! Everything else rumored about them is too cover up this weakness.

As for the rest and in answer to the OP. I can joke about stereotypical traits but I have never met a stereotypical anyone. I take everyone as a person first, the rest just follows along like a baggage train.

P

Thanks Phoenix for your comment

Prove it pics n stuff... (only joking!)

Seriously though... have a good Google around and read about the French resistance if i may suggest?

Otherwise... thumbs up to you Phoenix for being one of those people that know what the words "Tolerance and respect" means!!!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Just you wait Doc... you are next on the list of the first people to arrive and have a snail overdose!!!???

Right... time for my siesta!!!

Hugs n respects

Rod

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I have never tried either of them, but they don't really sound bad.

I'll eat anything once, maybe twice if I like it.

And if I really liked it I would be out chasing the little buggers around all day...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Having eaten your snails Rod

Or should I say regugitated
You may keep them.

I should have known when Mrs R and R junior politely refused them

Frogs legs now that's another matter

Cody

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I will agree that the French can be brave and fight very well. Perhaps they are led poorly!

But why should this be a trait. Perhaps they select Generals based on perceived sexual performance rather than military performance. Or as an author once put it, 'The French are always fighting the current war with tactics learned in the last war.' I think that just about sums it up pretty well.

P

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Doc mate...

Have you checked out Bridget Bardot the last time i met up with her?

Ouch... :

Still a MEAN looking lady though!

Kindest respects

Rod..Ps. In their days they were well good looking women (and didn't need plastic surgery!!!)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hmmm. It would appear that she has developed a wrinkle.

I am having trouble figuring out where it begins and ends though.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by Rodinus

I will agree that the French can be brave and fight very well. Perhaps they are led poorly!

But why should this be a trait. Perhaps they select Generals based on perceived sexual performance rather than military performance. Or as an author once put it, 'The French are always fighting the current war with tactics learned in the last war.' I think that just about sums it up pretty well.

P

From the last time i was watching the news and where i am living, the French were not led my generals???... They might be lead poorly... depend on which political person each and every French person votes for i guess?

Hehe, this is why i asked for stereotypical comments...(your comment is pertinent, well respected and of much appreciated...!) Have you ever been to France and lived as the French do??

I have never lived in the USA (spent a couple of weeks there and the only thing i had (have) to say, is... Wow, would i like to know this (their) culture better!? (Only spent 3 weeks in San Diego as a tourist) so will, and cannot comment out of respect and pure common sense...)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join