It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing UFO Descends Onto Leeds, UK Countryside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A bright unidentified object was videotaped on Sunday as it appeared to descend above the countryside of Leeds, U.K. The object gave off a very bright light as it slowly approached treetops. According to the YouTube description, credited to someone identified as Blip Street, "It was small and far away but looked just like the video. I thought it was a hot air balloon for a moment cos (sic) it was high and not moving." The witness apparently went to retrieve a video recorder and continued: "When I came back with the camera, it got lower. I expected my camera to show it in focus, but it was just a light. My camera is pretty good and so I was surprised it didn't pick up on what the object was."

I really don't know what to make of this one , it seems very bright.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
could be anything, which is exactly the problem when it comes to UFO videos these days: every single one of them can be faked and it would be near impossible to tell,

eta: now that you mention it, it seems obvious! an aircraft coming in for a landing. ahh im horrible at figuring these videos out.
edit on 8-8-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Air Ambulance maybe ?
It came down slowly and with possible bright lamps turned on.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Oppps , this has pretty much been shown to be an aircraft according to the article.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Oppps , this has pretty much been shown to be an aircraft according to the article.

So what you appear to be saying then is that you created this thread before you actually stopped to read the article?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It does look like an aeroplane landing, but having lived in Leeds most of my life, it doesn't look to be where the airport is. I could be wrong though.

Leeds and Bradford airport is located on the highest point in Leeds, up on the moors at Yeadon. This doesn't seem to be descending onto a high point. It could be deceptive on the video as it is far away.

COuld be the air ambulance landing at one of the hospitals.
edit on 8-8-2013 by greavsie1971 because: air ambulance bit

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Beware of the great deception. Only trust Jesus.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sunburst

I'd rather not but thanks anyway

This is an aircraft, quite clear to see too.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunburst
Beware of the great deception. Only trust Jesus.

Jesus didn't make a comment, how can I trust him?

Or did he comment on the YouTube video itself?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Could be anything from a helicopter slowly going down, or a flare. I suppose that if it was a "real" UFO someone else would have captured it - after all, Leeds is a big city!

Regards

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Hi the video was filmed from the flats opposite Citygate, Wellington St, Leeds and directly behind that a few miles in the distance is guess what Leeds airport.

I had driven past that road junction before so it was easy to find on Google Earth you see it at 0:38 seconds on the video..

Here is a picture from streetview see the white chimney in the background you see that in the video also Speedy Hire at the industrial estate

edit on 8-8-2013 by wmd_2008 because: pic added

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

why is it that " ufo reports " like this omit even the most basic of information - like time , location etc ?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

why is it that " ufo reports " like this omit even the most basic of information - like time , location etc ?

If you had the time and date we could find out the flight number,aircraft type and were it flew in from.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is exactly what me and my ex-g/f saw one morning hovering over a park in north Manchester, back in '89/'90. We watched it for a couple of minutes as it slowly rose and then just disappeared.

Ftr, we were a lot closer to it than the person filming in the OP's vid, and there is no airport anywhere near where the object we saw went higher, not lower.
edit on 9-8-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
This is exactly what me and my ex-g/f saw one morning hovering over a park in north Manchester, back in '89/'90. We watched it for a couple of minutes as it slowly rose and then just disappeared.

Ftr, we were a lot closer to it than the person filming in the OP's vid, and there is no airport anywhere near where the object we saw went higher, not lower.

Well if the object you saw was the same then you saw a plane taking off because this is a plane landing.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Well if the object you saw was the same then you saw a plane taking off because this is a plane landing.

Evidence of this being, what?

I say "exactly" but the thing we saw was a little more orange in colour, was definitely rising, and most definitely disappeared, so it was definitely NOT a plane taking off. But it did look a lot like the orb shown in the OP's vid. If that really is a plane, it doesn't explain what I saw.

ps. If that was a plane landing at a nearby airport, was it moving in slo-mo?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Evidence of this being, what?

I say "exactly" but the thing we saw was a little more orange in colour, was definitely rising, and most definitely disappeared, so it was definitely NOT a plane taking off. But it did look a lot like the orb shown in the OP's vid. If that really is a plane, it doesn't explain what I saw.

ps. If that was a plane landing at a nearby airport, was it moving in slo-mo?

The OP video is a plane look at my post above your first one I show the location filmed from and if you look on Google Earth the Leeds airport is in the direction the camera is filming.

The reason the plane appears slow is because of its DIRECTION relative to the camera next time you are out in a car going along a motorway and doing say 60+ mph look straight forward and watch the world come towards you the turn your head to the side and watch the world whiz by you tells us what view looks faster although your speed has not changed.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

The OP video is a plane look at my post above your first one I show the location filmed from and if you look on Google Earth the Leeds airport is in the direction the camera is filming.

In that case, anyone who takes a camcorder to that location should be able to come up with similar footage. Let's see how many serious debunkers there are in the Leeds area.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

In that case, anyone who takes a camcorder to that location should be able to come up with similar footage. Let's see how many serious debunkers there are in the Leeds area.

Well have a look here

From the comments.
Some one asked the time poster said It was about 7pm

Reply given

Thanks for providing the time. You can see it coming in on Flight Radar 24. It is a RyanAir Boeing 737, registration EI-EKI. It flew from Dublin to Leeds Bradford. Either type into an engine 'FR156 RYR4YP' (Scroll down to the 4th August flight) or use the playback feature on Flight Radar 24. Remember that the times on there are Greenwich Mean Time and currently one hour behind local time.

Happy now

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Thanks for posting. That reply was from myself. Initially the person that recorded it stated that he wasn't filming in the direction of the airport but that was later retracted when I found the exact filming location. The higher resolution footage also shows in some portions the wing strobes and the person that filmed it also admits this when he took a closer look.

A link for the Ryan Air Flight. The camera person was approximately 7 miles away and in direct line of sight of the runway in use.

Scroll down to 'FR156 was flown on 2013-08-04'

www.flightradar24.com...

The times used on Flight Radar are Greenwich Mean Time (The UK is currently on British Summer Time which is one hour ahead of GMT)

edit on 9/8/2013 by tommyjo because: additional info added

top topics

<<   2 >>

join