It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark found on NY Subway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Shark found on NY Subway

www.bbc.co.uk

A dead shark has been discovered on the subway in New York City, transport officials have confirmed.

The unlikely passenger, about 1.2m (4ft) long, was found under a row of seats on a Queens-bound train.

The conductor asked passengers to leave the carriage and the train continued to the end of the line, where a supervisor disposed of the shark.

Pigeons and even an opossum have made their way on to the trains before, but never a shark, transit officials said.

However, where it came from remains a mystery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Something fishy about this...

Interested to hear the potential theories people have for it (other than someone left it there for a joke)

I'll be honest, I can't come up with anything other than that.

Try and explain that one ATS!

PS: No fish puns allowed. There's a time and a plaice.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Must be shark week

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well OK.

Shark get washed in during the floods. Cleaners do such a bad job that it is remains undiscovered for months. Suddenly it is found!

The shark was from a mutagenics experiment at that wacky place near NYC and escaped during the floods. That explains how it did not go off. It was designed to have a long shelf life.

P

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Probably this had something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There was a smiliar incident in Nantucket a few days ago... shark was found on the doorstep of a local bar.

Maybe some form of viral marketing? Look for more sharks coming soon,...

SOURCE

A cleaning crew found an unexpected mess after arriving at Sea Dog Brew Pub on Nantucket: a 5-foot-long shark blocking the door. Pub manager Jimmy Agnew says he doesn't know why anyone would have dumped the sea creature there. "That's some serious restaurant Mafia (expletive)," Agnew told The Nantucket Inquirer and Mirror. "So weird," he said. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Awe! Looks like a lemon shark. Poor baby prolly outgrew his fish bowl/toilet/bathtub or whatever, and the caretakers just dumped it on the train? Or there may be an Asian or fish market near and it fell out of someones bag?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Someone was fishing off of one of the hundreds of NYC piers, caught a shark, brought the shark into the subway on their way home. From there it somehow fell off and got untied from the cart they were carrying their fish. Simple. Trust me, there's no way for a shark to get on any of the NYC platforms, let alone squirm its way into a train without someone bringing it there.
edit on 8-8-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Mugged by the alligators in the sewers ? Damn those gators !!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey
There was a smiliar incident in Nantucket a few days ago... shark was found on the doorstep of a local bar.

Maybe some form of viral marketing? Look for more sharks coming soon,...

Yeah you just did that on purpose. I know it.

There once was a shark from nantucket... oh no I wont!

Maybe a case of viral Sharketing? Ohhhh no I wont...

SHARKS ON A TRAIN.. Ohhh god don't call Samual L Jackson ...

^^ supposed real pic of said shark. To make up for mon absurd outbursts...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
was there not just a dead shark that showed upon someones doorstep recently?

another shark story

Yep, 6 footer in Nantucket. Pics are all over the net....

Weird, why are large dead sharks showing up in strange places?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
And here it is doing it's best Lindsay Lohan ...

Some thinking it was a publicity stunt by Discovery because of Shark Week got a response

“Shark Week is all about conservation, so it deeply saddens us that someone would think that this was funny or in any way connected to our celebration of sharks.”

Source

Apparently, there is something going on ...

A cleaning crew has found an unexpected mess after arriving at Sea Dog Brew Pub on Nantucket: a 5-foot-long shark blocking the door.

Source

One suggested the shark went to Sea Dog "to meet his chums."

It would appear this is the work of some pranksters ...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Maybe a case of viral Sharketing? Ohhhh no I wont...

SHARKS ON A TRAIN.. Ohhh god don't call Samual L Jackson ...

I've been waiting to see Snakenado!!!! Don't ask; nobody said it had to make any sense.

Just make sure not to tell any of scifi channels exec's. (obviously).

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

Mayor "Nanny" Bloomberg just made a statement that if we allow sharks on subway rains, the terrorist win.

Where was the TSA? Where was DHS? Where was a side dish of cole slaw and a nice wedge of lemon?

On a side note; I fin the posts, amusing.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The aliens got bored with cows, they are into sharks now???

The most likely answer that I thought of was already suggested the shark was someone's pet and it got too big, maybe they were trying to dump it somewhere. Or the idea that there might be an asian market nearby and it feel out of a shopping bag is good also I guess.

Of course, there's been some really strange animal behavior the last few years. Crows using items to slide down rooftops, Bears deciding to just walk off with the whole trash bin like it's a shopping cart for later rummaging. There been quite a few that kind of indicate that these animals have either been much more intelligent than we thought they were, or they are getting more intelligent (evoulution at work!!) Maybe the shark just wanted to explore his outer space?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
No matter how many times I told Ninja Turtles not to leave bodies behind, they don't listen...

Seriously, shark in shark week - how unusual...
edit on 8-8-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog
No matter how many times I told Ninja Turtles not to leave bodies behind, they don't listen...

Seriously, shark in shark week - how unusual...
edit on 8-8-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

2 is even more unusual, I'm gonna have to call prank on these.. shark week, people leaving dead sharks in random places, yeah.
Up for some zombies briles?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Uh oh. Looks like one of the wallstreet bigwigs died on the train, and upon death morphed back into his original state.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
d/p

edit on 8/8/2013 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

Hmmm...reminded me of the old time mobsters leaving a fish on your door step as a death threat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join