It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sets Submarine on FIRE

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I bet he just doesn't want to leave the island.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Dude, he could easily have claimed to be over taken by the fumes of the stealth paint or whatever he was supposed to be brushing.
I wish I was his layer id have the gov boys paying him for his damaged lungs and his ptsd......

Damage to burnt wiring id guess....even smoke and minimal overheat can damage some systems......(at least they get deemed less than operational.....so must be replaced entirely.....
edit on 7-8-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

your wish is granted.

you can be his paint layer. how about that? stirling stuff!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

It may have been covered already but he wasn't in the military, he was a civilian hired to paint the sub. Reading is fundamental.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Uh-huh. And in all the other areas?

Bet is on a nano accelerant or some such thing being applied to the area ahead of time and then it was lit on fire.

how it was applied is anyone's guess, but most of it would have burned off.

That being said, traces of it could be found on things like paint brushes that were being used at the scene, because airborne particles travel all over the place and would stick to things like paint brushes, the outside of paint buckets, etc.

I could be totally wrong.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Inside a Submarine

As you can see in the pictures, Everything is steel with the exception copper cables which has Halogen in the cloth that is flame retardant. As well as all pipes are either steel or covered with flame retardant fabric.

Though there are a couple of pictures that shows some wood in the crew cabins.

Like I mentioned about the fire suppression system. That would have been immediate even at dry dock. They are going to maintain minimum power to keep the safety systems up.

edit on 8-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

Do you speak from personal experience about 688 class submarines having a fire suppression system or just making assumptions? I was stationed aboard an Ohio class SSBN and we didn't have any automatic fire suppression systems, fire department, or anything else - we, the crew, were the response to any fire with hoses &/or fire extinguishers... Imagine a sealed tube, hundreds of feet under the water - not a good idea to automatically pump it full of unbreathable gas killing the crew automatically along with the fire...

I think we might have had some kind of system over the cooking area, but it was manually activated and relatively small.

As to the nothing to burn idea, that's far from the truth as well... Plenty of foam and rubber around, wire insulation, curtains, mattresses, paper (Books, manuals), vinyl seat coverings, wood trim for decorative purposes, depending on the area you have lubricating oils, fuel oil, cardboard boxes, and much much more. Almost all of the pipes were covered with a foam lagging and then painted. If fire was such a minor potential problem, we wouldn't have trained to respond to them so much.

And as you said above, there was wood in the crew cabins (makes it sound like a cruise ship - lol, we call them state rooms for the officers and berthing areas for the rest of us...)

But a federal criminal complaint said Fury admitted to setting fire to a pile of rags near a vacuum cleaner in a stateroom in the submarine.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Also, while in dry dock, there is a very minimal crew presence and depending on what shipyard work is being done it could be like a ghost town. Since the fire was started in a stateroom I could see how it would go unnoticed for a while...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I could be totally wrong.

First true thing you've typed in this thread.

So was all the sandblasting completed and the painting was being done at the time of the fire? How many painters were contracted and working that day? Were all of them "in on it" or was the arsonist completely ignored? Was the "nano accelerant" the same color and had the same smell as the paint being used to go undetected by anyone in the area? Who was behind the act of sabotage and employed the arsonist to enable him?

Did you ask yourself any of these questions before you created this thread or are you just typing on the fly?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

That is classified.

Not what I do, what you're asking about. I'm just some guy.

I could figure out how to find all of those things out, and how a worker would have been approached.

But I don't think I should be talking about such things outta my ass without thinking of the consequences.
edit on 8-8-2013 by teachtaire because: clarity

*ADDENDUM* But send $5mil USD to the crown prince troll of Nigeria, and he will make a 5 point plan for you, outlining infiltration and COINT techniques to use on stupid industrial workers.
edit on 8-8-2013 by teachtaire because: lolz

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Well it's the truth so you can believe what you want ! That story came straight from NAVSEA , they own these boats and all the work that goes on while in the shipyard . As for the guy who started the fire , he said he didn't think it would get that bad . Even if a small fire starts on the boat it will shut down all work for the day or even days . It's funny looking at all the comments on here from people who have no idea how govt. work is done . We had fire drills on every boat in our yard for weeks after this , all because some dumbass wanted to go see his girlfriend . Then again maybe it's all a lie and it was really aliens who did it , hmmmm . Well time to go make me a new tinfoil hat . Later Quacker !

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

Well said , funny all the experts on here huh . Were you on the east coast or at Puget ?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

I'm not aware of too many things.

I know what I know, if you know what I mean.
edit on 8-8-2013 by teachtaire because: Philosophy.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by letseeit7

Well said , funny all the experts on here huh . Were you on the east coast or at Puget ?

Training on the east coast and stationed in the Puget Sound area after...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I am at Puget

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

How do they expect a Norman man to pay 400 million? It's a bit silly really.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join