It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooter armed with rifle on Roof Threatening to Shoot at Movie Theater. Air-1 has Visual

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Considering that no gun was thus far accounted for, this sounds like an attempt at suicide by cop. Then he went and jumped anyways.

If it's a case of major depression, sometimes the SSRIs don't work well, or may even compound the problem. Adding alcohol to the equation doesn't help either. This might be one of the cases where marijuana could have prevented this event. But that is for another topic.

Sad though in any case.
M.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I live right down the street from where this happened. Latest reports say that he was depressed over a break-up. He is now at Erie County Medical Center with some moderate injuries. Police charges are pending. They never did recover a gun. They kept the people in the movie theater as well as the bowling alley until police considered the situation clear. There is a Walmart in that area too, I have not heard anything about people being stuck in there, or any of the other numerous businesses in that intersection.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iamyouareme

No gun at all....... Love to know who reported the whole gunshot BS.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Good thing they didn't "just shoot the lunatic" as suggested by chrismarko. If you're gonna commit suicide, you have to pick a taller building. Just sayin'...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chopperswolf
reply to post by OkieDokie

What classifies it as a sniper rifle? is that another evil gun class for the establishment to try to take from citizens next?

because it has a weapons grade scope and a military style bolt-action

that means you could be shot from about 2 miles away with ease

That's dangerous.

We should ban it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

So....ban all hunting rifles so then we are forced not only to eat genetically engineered veggies but meat too? mmmm...love the soylent green burgers!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Lol love the made up words attached to the front of things to make stuff sound scary. Weapons grade scope? Can you stab someone with it or something?

I am hoping you were posting for the irony, and weren't being serious
edit on Fri, 09 Aug 2013 13:14:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Lol love the made up words attached to the front of things to make stuff sound scary. Weapons grade scope? Can you stab someone with it or something?

I am hoping you were posting for the irony, and weren't being serious
edit on Fri, 09 Aug 2013 13:14:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

That is exactly why I got all prissy with the OP [ no offense intended ]. This type of post almost always turns into a head butting contest about guns. Now, although apparently no weapon was recovered, one claims said nonexistent rifle can EASILY reach out to a man size target at TWO MILES ! Really ? Really !
Okay I'm done bitching, you folks can debate this " ALTERNATIVE " theory. Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join