It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooter armed with rifle on Roof Threatening to Shoot at Movie Theater. Air-1 has Visual

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Local MSM picking it up Police Surround Area of Flix Theater

LANCASTER, N.Y. - Multiple police agencies are currently at the area near the Flix Theater and WalMart on Transit Road.
Police have not given 2 on Your Side any information as to why they were called to the scene, only that they are currently responding to an incident.

State Police, Cheektowaga Police, Amherst Police, and Lancaster police are all on scene.

Police have the area blocked off, and our crew on scene has seen Erie County's Air One Helicopter fly over the area

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

This was my understanding of the term also, I was just wondering if t.p.t.b. had invented some new gun to demonize, or if this covered any rifle used for long to medium range effective fire.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

I'm sure no small part of their word choice was due to connotation as well. "Sniper rifle" conjures up visions of death from afar. Also, I would be willing to bet whoever relayed that term in the story has no real idea what a "sniper rifle" is.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

it's the next push by anti gun advocates to label a weapon as something sinister...

much like they used the term ASSAULT rifle to label anything that "looked" like military issued Fully automatic weapons..

Sniper rifle terminology was the next step to take out folks' hunting rifles (scoped).. by labeling them sniper rifles...

Sad thing is, a lot of folks fall for that crap.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Chalk one up for ATS.... I still see nothing on Drudge, Breaking News or the Associated Press wire.

Still beating the top sources and aggregators.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Lol..... sniper rifle...... Yeah, I kinda doubt it. Anyone that would label a rifle with a scope as a sniper rifle, has never seen, nor shot a real sniper rifle. Same as the dummies that call my AR an assault rifle.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
He's drinking a beer.

Great a drunk guy with a gun who just got dumped by his girlfriend.

TAKE COVER!
edit on 7-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Is there a sniper rifle or is any rifle a sniping rifle once a scope is attached or is the person who shoots a rifle a sniper?
edit on 7-8-2013 by thesaneone because: to edit

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sounds like they are trying to evacuate the surrounding businesses right now but the theater is remaining on lockdown.

About the "Sniper Rifle"... I was only repeating what was being said on the scanner. The police were using that terminology speaking to each other.

From the MSM link in the comments

I was in the walmart parking lot, i actually was shopping then hung out until they came around to kick us out, cop said he has a high powered rifle in the orvilles building that is under construction- about an hour ago

So that what was originally being reported, sorry if it caused any confusion.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

This will just add to more gun grabbers debate about how "guns are bad". When actually criminals are the bad ones. Guns are just the tool.

I hope no one gets harmed from this looney. I swear people are just losing their minds...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

My Father was a marine from 1950 through 1988, retired as master gunnery sergeant, he was at one time a designated marksman in two theaters of combat ,Korea and Vietnam. He taught me a lot about the nomenclature
used to classify the weapon, and how it is most effectively used in combat. This perp is not a sniper or they would never have known he was there. I agree that they are trying to effectively list any rifle as a evil to try to get them out of civilian hands, I hope they get this nutter soon, hope it isn't another "false flag". these rifles are most effective against militant ground squirrels, I have stopped several squirrel uprisings with my
"sniper rifle".
edit on 7-8-2013 by chopperswolf because: just because

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sounds like he's going to finish his beer and come down.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Is the scanner live?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie

Shooter armed with rifle on Roof Threatening to Shoot at Movie Theater. Air-1 has Visual

www.broadcastify.com

Erie County Sheriff, Lancaster Police, Fire, and Mercy Flight

Primary Channels Monitored: Erie Co Sheriffs Dept, Lancaster Police & Fire Control, Erie Co. Emergency Services "ESU"

Shooter armed with rifle on Roof Threatening to Shoot at Movie Theater. Air-1 has Visual (39 minutes ago)
(visit the link for the full news article)

Not to be rude but why would this be considered ALTERNATIVE NEWS ? Thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sunburst

Yes but it might be cooling down.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
Sounds like he's going to finish his beer and come down.

Chalk one up for the beer companies.

New ad campaign - 'calm the neighborhood lunatic with an ice cold brew'.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

When your feeling hot and want to shoot up the hood just reach for a ice cold Erie county ale.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Well it was Breaking, and it was News.
Met 2 of the criteria.
It depends on the outcome if it becomes "Alternative". - Info I don't have at the time
So it sounded good to me

Mods can move it if they want.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Now he wants to play hide and go seek.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think this guy has been doing more then drinking walking in circles acting stranger maybe going to jump?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join