It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacking High-Res NASA Moon Photos in Search of Anomalies, Alien Stuff, or Just Weird Rocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So this is another evidence of aliens activity on the moon topic, but with some fresh content.

Browsing the high-res LRO NAC's, I saw a lot of this when I tried the usual adjustments in hopes of getting a peek under lunar shadows with some reflected light source nearby. Some kind of a fog/noise in the shadow.

Interestingly, presence of noise in the shadow seemed a little inconsistent. So I read up on a lot of this. Image Restoration Research

And turned above into this. This possibly opens up a lot of areas of the Moon presently under dirty shadow.

As usual ATS gets to preview my stuff first so at the bottom is the link to 9Mb jpg at flickr. It is 0.8m resolution restored view of the shadowed region from NAC M170211632R showing a section of Schwabe F crater. As for what is special about the restored photo, it is a very interesting view with high-res intricacies among others, full of anomalies (just rocks to some as usual). I will let you guys take a look first so I don't preload any images or ideas.

PLEASE NOTE: There will be a bunch of straight, thin, linear entities that stretch from end to end in the recovered photo. They are remnants of image restoration so be aware. Dirtier original seems to result in dirtier restoration surprise surprise.

Link to Origial Quality JPG at Flickr

edit on 7-8-2013 by PINGi14 because: clarity

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Interesting, I am not a pro photography expert or anything. So I will not be of much help on the discussion, but thanks for opening up a new idea in my head about the dust.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have seen the same sort of distortion on images of Mars and with the same blobular(for lack of better term) organic looking features. The ones on Mars were around the Poles.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This could be the best 9MB jpg of lunar surface you have downloaded. It's truly unlike any other moon photos out there. You will be wondering just how many anomalies can nature or aliens pack into a section of a wall in a single crater. The resolution is actually 0.7meters per pixel instead of 0.8m so even better. The source and processing method is solid of course, and image is avail with CC without ads so you really can't lose.

/hype

I value all feedback but those from knowledgeable skeptics with informed debunks would be most helpful.

A little preview showing where the cropped section in the OP would be at original scale

edit on 8-8-2013 by PINGi14 because: thumbnail

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Very intriguing find.

I found the rocks to the left of your area posted to be interesting. The large stone has an interesting shape as well as proximity to your spot. I am not saying this is anything other than rocks but I find them intriguing. I believe that is the largest single stone monolith looking oddity within the image. Besides hills and mountains obviously.

The last one, the pareidolia we suffer being human can really kick in. It is an awesome image none the less and since I do not have the tech know how to "hack" these images, I hope you post more Op.

Thank you for posting. S&F

-addition-

I actually can see a face on that stone. It looks a bit ape like almost. Stinking pareidolia!

But, who knows, it may be something more than rocks...

edit on 8/8/2013 by mcx1942 because: addition

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Nice effort but as the LRO will pass this location many times and already has

Schwabe F

You way as well just wait once loaded just zoom in

Your image is from 2009 did a search box on the LRO QuickMap around that crater 49 images of that area now.

edit on 8-8-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I know exactly what you mean wmd2008 but be careful of the fact that availability of fully illuminated crater photos will decrease as crater location approaches the poles, I don't know if Schwabe F is north enough to have permanent shadowed sections but it's quite possible. In any case I believe the only .5m resolution photos of this crater in the NAC database were the ones with significant shadow cover but please let us know if you find some without shadow cover and at least .7m resolution or better since many anomalies in the OP photo are very fine structures. I will double check when I get home also.

So basically I am targetting craters in the NAC database available without fully illuminated photos located near polar regions in order to bring to light literally never before seen views to public. polar region craters are also very interesting for another reason and I am working on article on that topic to be released asap

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

It's a good subject do you know how to do a search on the quickmap as that is handy to get ALL images taken up to the present date at a location by simply drawing a box around an area.

Keep posting this could be interesting I don't think we will find anything alien much to the disappointment of some on here.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Thanks for taking the time to examine the photo and definitely agree the shiny 'monolith' stands out with its angular shape and vertical stance in a flat looking area. After a bit more testing and verification passes the plan is to fully share the entire method including where to get the free programs used and how to find interesting targets and restore them step by step. I will release more restorations of my own too of course.

One viewing tip I found for this particular restored image from OP is if you tilt the screen/tablet 90 c-clockwise and zoom out while standing further away from screen than usual. When you do this, the mind seems to sort of use the bright vs dark regions in the photo to perceive the scene with a pseudo 3d effect. Whether inaccurate illusion or not, if you do happen to experience this effect, some of the larger features that are tall or located high above ground will distinctively stand out as well as some idea of elevation of one area vs another. But this is probably where your mileage will vary by a lot.

Oh there is no hacking involved. Pretty methodical procedure depending on the amount of noise in the shadow. I just used the word since it seems to be a popular buzzword these days.

edit on 8-8-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You can get some nice close ups of many of the rocks in the crater on the LRO images.

Once loaded you can zoom back out.

Rocks

edit on 8-8-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by PINGi14

It's a good subject do you know how to do a search on the quickmap as that is handy to get ALL images taken up to the present date at a location by simply drawing a box around an area.

Keep posting this could be interesting I don't think we will find anything alien much to the disappointment of some on here.

You are right to be skeptical but also open to looking at evidence with objective mind. I'd say my mind was absolutely not open to possibility of the Moon being anything other than a round rock until I read an article in peer-reviewed journal by an actual credible scientist pointing it out.

Also for using Quickmap and searching for all NACs in a given area in nice table...read the official guide below.

target.lroc.asu.edu...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Revision 2 with better contrast/brightness balance and final denoise optimization is online. There are now more finer details that are visible in the regions that were just too dark in the first revision. Final revision. Rev. 1 will remain online as well.

Revision 2 with better light balance resulting in further details visible in darker areas of the photo.
Download Rev. 2 (9mb jpg)

edit on 8-8-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Hi I will admit I am a sceptic BUT I am certain life exists somewhere out there it has to it's a numbers thing, have they visited here or the Moon or Mars or did ancient civilisations live on Mars I dont think so.

I joined here because of a comment on another web site having been told I would see lots of evidence up to now I haven't seen anything that would change my mind.

What I have seen on here as these types of threads NASA/UFO/ALIENS etc rely very heavily on photographic/video evidence what I have noticed is the vast bilk of the members have no knowledge or expertise in this subject and make LARGE assumptions on what they think should happen.

For example yesterday on a thread about the Black Knight Satellite a member posted some pictures of an object from the shuttle that was the object used in pictures claimed to be the BKS now as the shuttle object was white a member said how can a white object appear black in a picture so I did this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All to often members here jump to conclusions re what they see, when they are really thinking about what they want to see.

That's why threads like this one are interesting and make a change from the many ZOOMED in Mars/Moon picture threads that a group of members on here post in an almost daily basis.

Oh and I did give you a s&f please keep updating.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The restored L-side is uploaded and available to be downloaded along with the R-side of the NAC Pair M170211632 which is showing Schwabe F crater. As for orientation, L-side is immediately west of the R-side. Some objects that caught my attention after restoration attached below with comments.

Dark lines on rocks

Peculiar shaped rocks

More peculiar arrangement of rocks with dark spiral like pattern possibly from shadows being cast by rocks stacked in steppe like fashion one above another. Highlighted box is mine. Just to above-right of the box, notice the 7-8 small circular objects of roughly even size and spacing arranged in half circle on inner side of the wall which surrounds the bright object in the middle.

Same picture as above rotated 90 c-clockwise.

wtf?

Links:
JPG of restored region under shadow from NAC Photo M170211632 L-side
Download Link

JPG of restored region under shadow from NAC Photo M170211632 R-side
Download Link

Web view of original NAC Photo M170211632 L-side
wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Web view of original NAC Photo M170211632 R-side
wms.lroc.asu.edu...

edit on 12-8-2013 by PINGi14 because: additional comment on one of the pics

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Saw this thread over the last few days but never looked at it, but every time I thought about it I kept saying to myself, how does one 'hack' an image file?..

Originally posted by PINGi14

Oh there is no hacking involved. Pretty methodical procedure depending on the amount of noise in the shadow. I just used the word since it seems to be a popular buzzword these days.

So you used a completely unrelated word to sex your post title up?.. excuse me if I completely disregard any thing you post in here as proof of something for doing so.

All I see so far is large rocks and boulders sitting on the moons surface and shallow old craters or depressions. I mean come on.
edit on 12-8-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Lol? Why so serious? You read part of the title that says these could just be weird rocks or only the hacking part. :facepalm: They are all rocks unless proven otherwise so you can calm down now.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Nice keep it up but I will ask you say peculiar shape rocks whats a standard shape rock

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Obviously no single or even a group of object can be taken as anything other than natural. Any acceptable evidence of artificiality implying existence of alien activity on lunar surface would require recognizable context such as a lots of connected structures in small area like a city to possibly some highly geometric arrangement of objects, etc.

Having said that, here is an interesting looking object or arrangement of rocks that caught my eye. These rocks seems to be rather thin and long, and seem intertwined, angled and connected with each other as if they were made out of play dough.

Rotated 90 C-clockwise.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Yes they are interesting but using other terms on here can have many jumping to the wrong conclusions!

As can images that you have shown, it's great what has been done but many on here have over active imaginations even with well lit images

new topics

top topics

join