It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the world's oldest breweries reconstructed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Over 5.5 thousand years old brewing installation discovered by Polish archaeological mission at Tell el-Farcha in Egypt has been reconstructed in 3D by Karolina Rosińska-Balik, PhD student at the Jagiellonian University Institute of Archaeology. "The presented reconstruction is a hypothetical assumption based on preserved structures of similar analogous buildings at both Tell el-Farcha and other brewing centres in Upper Egypt" - reserved the archaeologist. The installation consists of three vat pits and measures about 3.4 by 4 m. The entire structure, with plan reminiscent of a three-leaf clover, was surrounded by a wall with a height of up to 60 cm. Vat pits were also separated from each other with low, narrow walls. In order to stabilize the vessels used for brewing beer, base was used in the form of a solid clay, which was surrounded by a clay ring with a clear break. "The purpose of this solution was probably better air circulation, which in turn would allow better control of constant temperature. Such base was usually surrounded with two concentric rows of bricks with D-shaped cross-section, designed to sustain the vessel" - explained Karolina Rosińska-Balik.

www.naukawpolsce.pap.pl...

Beer and wine one of the cornerstone to the rise of civilization..cheers..

Btw the Poles are doing a stand up job in Egypt and other areas the link has some other interesting finds.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Spider879 because: Add more info

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I guess they knew how to throw a great party. I wonder how many rock bands they had at their stone age party.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Reminds me of the oldest beer Ad in elba 4000 years ago.

Beer has been an important part of our culture for longer than most religions still around.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I guess they knew how to throw a great party. I wonder how many rock bands they had at their stone age party.

In a hot climate area like Egypt I'd have to invent refregeration and be proclaimed A GOD! not just beer ice colded beer..

Btw whatz up with Brits and rm temperture beer??

edit on 7-8-2013 by Spider879 because: just because

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Do you know what the builders of the pyramids and other great structures of Egypt
were paid with?

Beer ...... No Lie
S&F

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Do you know what the builders of the pyramids and other great structures of Egypt
were paid with?

Beer ...... No Lie
S&F

Yes and btw they had the worlds first recorded strike when they got stiffed by the site managers in the time of RamsesIII they walked off the job.

The stoppage occurred in the 12th century BC, on the 21st day of the second month in the 29th year of the reign of the pharaoh Ramses III, while Ramses was fighting a series of wars and engaging in an extensive building campaign. The strikers were hereditary craftsmen who worked on the tombs of the pharaohs, the vast complexes that to this day draw visitors from all over the world to the Valley of the Kings. This papyrus was written by the scribe Amennakhte at Deir el Medina. It describes the workers' struggle, and the corruption which had spread throughout the administration.

libcom.org...
Rules do not allow for posting extensive quotes so pls visit the link..some great stuff see their demands and officials running around trying to placate them.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Spider879 because: Add more info

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Maybe the pyramids were built as beer coolers. It sounds just about as good a theory as most I have read.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Maybe the pyramids were built as beer coolers. It sounds just about as good a theory as most I have read.

They are quite cool inside (if not filled with tourist) and usually reflect the ambient temperature of the earth which is about 12c, of course you could just dig a hole instead building a BIG pile of limestone.

new topics

top topics

join