It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Obama Abandoning Obamacare?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
From day-one, critics have cited the various portions of the Affordable Care Act, as first posted here on ATS, that seemed unworkable, unjustified and unreasonable.

After Nancy Pelosi’s admonition that we’d know more about “Obamacare” only after it was passed, we’ve come to see the remarkable deliverance of health care costs and choices from the patient and into the hands of select insurers or the federal government.

So, given that Barack Obama and the progressive/liberal/Democrat powerhouses that pushed ACA into law got what they wanted WHY are so many, including the Obama administration, backing away from it, ignoring the clear mandates of the law, and otherwise moving in directions away from what they insisted was in our best interests?

We have the innumerable “exemptions” granted to Obama supporters from compliance, despite the complete lack of statutory authority to do so in the law itself.
That is, these are ad hoc and made-up with no limits, rules or authority in the law; just whomever Sebelius and Obama decide should not have to bear the same costs as everyone else!

The Six Types of Obamacare Waivers

You cannot listen to news about Obamacare without hearing about waivers. Obamacare waivers not only evidence a poorly conceived law, but the very need for a waiver transfers power to a bureaucracy where the individual, organization, or firm with the best lobbyists wins.

heartland.org...

Take a look at the companies, unions and groups exempt as of this time last year, and see what this really is:
www.freerepublic.com...

Since the passage of the “Affordable Care Act,” it has been some cause for concern — scandal even — that several businesses have been granted waivers excusing them from participation in the federal program.
Roughly 1,200 companies received waivers from part of the healthcare reform law, the Health and Human Services Department (HHS) said Friday.
When added together, the healthcare waivers excuse about 4 million people, or about 3 percent of the population, from having to participate, HHS said.
However, what’s slightly unsettling is the fact that the majority of the waivers were handed out to labor unions.

www.theblaze.com...#
Of course, the waivers pale in comparison to the administration’s backtrack on enforcing a statutory requirement that employers meet certain coverage standards! Nothing in the statute permits Barack Obama to “pick and choose” which potions of the law should be enforced, and which should be “delayed.”

Has Congress given Treasury the authority to waive the penalties? The answer is no. The employer-mandate penalties unequivocally take effect on January 1, 2014, and the PPACA gives the Treasury secretary no authority to postpone their imposition.
Has Congress given Treasury the authority to waive the reporting requirement? Again, the answer is no.
The PPACA added two sections to the Internal Revenue Code (sections 6055 & 6056) that require employers to report certain information on their health benefits and the workers who enroll in that coverage

www.cato.org...

Again, without any authority, and completely in contradiction of the words of the law, Obama has granted the entire U.S. Congress and all its staffers, 1000s of people, complete exemption from the requirements of the law that the rest of American industry, employers and the public will have no choice but to accept or face punishment from the IRS.

"While the administration has handed out waiver after waiver and exemption after exemption for the well-connected in Washington, they have done nothing to lower health care costs for families in Michigan," said Dave Camp, chairman of the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee.

Camp said the OPM ruling is the "latest proof" of impending failure for the reforms and pledged that Republicans would keep trying to repeal them.

Last week, House Democratic leader [I]Nancy Pelosi said the language problem would have caused unintended "collateral damage" on congressional staff[/I], causing many to leave for the private sector.

"These recent maneuverings inside the beltway are precisely why the American people rightly despise Congress," said Vitter, of Louisiana. "Perhaps if White House appointees and Congress have to live under these same Obamacare rules, things would be changed quickly for the better."

www.reuters.com...

Is this the same Nancy Pelosi who told us all to accept what they passed without question?

Now, she want to exempt herself and her cronies from "unintended consequences?"

Why do we allow such lawlessness?

Today, we hear that the underlying computer and network security vital to implementation are nowhere near the state required by the law, after 3 years of preparation and anticipation.

Obamacare months behind in testing IT data security: government
The federal government is months behind in testing data security for the main pillar of Obamacare: allowing Americans to buy health insurance on state exchanges due to open by October 1
The missed deadlines have pushed the government's decision on whether information technology security is up to snuff to exactly one day before that crucial date, the Department of Health and Human Services' inspector general said in a report.

www.reuters.com...
We have been told by ACA/”Obamacare” enthusiasts that this is the “Obama legacy.”
If so, why is the Obama administration, and Barack Obama himself, giving it such little attention, and altering the terms of the law, which they asked us all to accept, sight unseen?

edit on 7-8-2013 by jdub297 because: congressional exemptions

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

My take from the beginning was that it was never intended to actually be implemented (documented on this site somewhere), and this may be why the unconstitutional provision of requiring an individual to buy healthcare was made a centerpiece of the legislation, knowing that it would kill the bill after the fact. I still don't fully understand what the bill does, but it appears to me to be corporatized healthcare. He promised socialized healthcare, and this was the bait and switch.

Obama is the ultimate bait and switch president. On basically everything. He single handedly destroyed the American progressive movement. What he has done has nothing to do with real progressive values. Everything he has done has been about corporatism (also known as fascism, by it's strict definition - Mussolini)
edit on 7-8-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I love how its all Obamas fault.

Thats the whole purpose though of the President, hes that A-hole we kick out every 4-8 years for ruining the country.

Mean while, you know the guys that have been there going on decade upon decade, those guys have no fault in this.

Politics is theater to keep the sheep in line, as long as you focus on the paper target they put up every four years nothing will ever change.
edit on 7-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It is his fault LOL.

Here pass this super duper healthcare bill because it was urgent ! ! ! ! !

Years later that super duper urgent affordable corporate product LAW has issues.

And gave waivers to people to get out of even those morons who passed it in the first place.

Whodda thunk it really ?

Rinse and Repeat Washington DC stupidity.
edit on 7-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by benrl

It is his fault LOL.

Here pass this super duper healthcare bill because it was urgent ! ! ! ! !

Years later that super duper urgent affordable corporate product LAW has issues.

And gave waivers to people to get out of even those morons who passed it in the first place.

Whodda thunk it really ?

Rinse and Repeat Washington DC stupidity.
edit on 7-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The president doesn't act in a vacuum, its silly to place the blame for anything solely at his feet.

How long will you be duped by this tactic?

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama.

DON'T look how they are different, look how they are the same.

all I see is the expansion of government power, the trampling of rights, expansion of corporatism, reduced consumer and social protection for the general populous.

You keep blaming the puppet in Chief Neo, I know hes a favorite punching bag of yours, But would it be different with Romney? Yes? Oh wait, he was all gun-ho about the same type of plan Obama originally wanted when he was governor.

If your a politician You are a crook, its the system we have allowed to happen, as long as people focus on the play acting theater they pull NOTHING will change.

We need Lobbying reform, we Need Campaign Finance reform, WE need a constitutional amendment to repeal citizens united, WE Need stricter term limits for every office.

Why aren't we doing any of that? Because the sheep keep bleating about the Puppet in Chief, that's why.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

We need Lobbying reform, we Need Campaign Finance reform, WE need a constitutional amendment to repeal citizens united, WE Need stricter term limits for every office.

Bingo.......

We have a winner!!!!

I agree that a large part of the blame lies with the 'career' politicians themselves, which is why term limits needs to be set for them as well as for president.

Obama isn't innocent by any means.
But the bullies in DC need go......Pelosi, Reed, Schumer, Boehner, McCain, Graham, etc.
Nothing will change as long as they remain.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I love how its all Obamas fault.

This is none of the GOP's doing.
It is all the machinations of those who thought they could ram government dependence down the throats of American citizens.
It is, hopefully, the beginning of the end of hubris and idiocy in government.

jw

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by benrl

Bingo.......

We have a winner!!!!

I agree that a large part of the blame lies with the 'career' politicians themselves, which is why term limits needs to be set for them as well as for president.

Obama isn't innocent by any means.
But the bullies in DC need go......Pelosi, Reed, Schumer, Boehner, McCain, Graham, etc.
Nothing will change as long as they remain.

The polarization of the two partys, combined with lobbying will be the death of the republic.

Its the ideology of my side vs your side that destroys the democratic process,

We need true and real Discourse by rep's that actually have the peoples interest, Lobbying reform would be a start in fixing the checks and balances that we all have allowed to fall apart by our apathy.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I commented in the past about the possibility that ObamaCare was designed to fail.

The goal would be to create a 'default' to Medicare for everybody.

The 'Medicare for all' concept was and still is probably not doable and just as controversial.

'Medicare for all' would throw more wrenches into the spokes.

Either way, we still need to get the theft and corruption out of the way.

Too many criminals involved.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

My doctor told me I have to quit reading about Obamacare. He says if my blood pressure keeps going up this high my insurance company is going to drop me and he's not accepting any of the ACA insurance companies coverage.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The president doesn't act in a vacuum, its silly to place the blame for anything solely at his feet.

No it's not the guy has campaigned on it for years now the buck stops with Obama.

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama.

Only one of those guys passed Obamacare.

all I see is the expansion of government power, the trampling of rights, expansion of corporatism, reduced consumer and social protection for the general populous.

That is true BUT Obamacare was RULED A TAX/.

Nice try at the corporate vilification dogma ATS is so locked in to.

You keep blaming the puppet in Chief Neo,

Sure do he is the Potus, and has given us quite a bit to punch him with.

If your a politician You are a crook, its the system we have allowed to happen, as long as people focus on the play acting theater they pull NOTHING will change.

Yep.

True unlike some people I don't blame lobbyists the go to argument so many have here.

I blame politicians the way it should be.

Why aren't we doing any of that? Because the sheep keep bleating about the Puppet in Chief, that's why.

Who sgins bill in to LAWS ?

Who?

That would be Obama where the blame goes because he told his yes man congress what he wanted they wrote it he signed in to LAW.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I'm an Independent and both parties are a joke to me any more.
I have zero confidence in any of them, Obama included.

As far as Obama goes, he is lacking in the leadership dept.
And it seems our country is more divided now than ever since he's been president.

Yes, all presidents are puppets, but Obama shows little to no desire to unite this country.
That is not a good sign IMO......

And the scandals under him and this administration, well, not enough can be said about that.
Besides, that would require a whole new thread.

edit on 7-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Obamacare? Of course it's his fault. Some things a President owns and Obama was the gleaming proud parent for this one. Him and Pelosi. Momma and Pappa to a little baby demon spawn. The US Health Care system WAS among the very best in the world and for those with short memories, the news headlines are not that old where leaders from all over the world came here for their medical care when they needed critical forms of it.

The system did have some problems before Obamacare and it needed reform either way, but that is NO excuse for killing the patient on the table the way THIS beast does...and it was the cornerstone of his whole Presidency, he was happy as a clam to claim, until it started getting messy. Wait till Republicans get blamed. He'll have to find someone and that seems the standby to blame everything but an act of God, and somehow, God is their fault too sometimes.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by benrl

I'm an Independent and both parties are a joke to me any more.
I have zero confidence in any of them, Obama included.

As far as Obama goes, he is lacking in the leadership dept.
And it seems our country is more divided now than ever since he's been president.

Yes, all presidents are puppets, but Obama shows little to no desire to unite this country.
That is not a good sign IMO......

And the scandals under him and this administration, well, not enough can be said about that.
Besides, that would require a whole new thread.

edit on 7-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

I am at the point where the whole system is a joke as well, both parties, senate, house, SCOTUS. All have shown who their loyalty lies with, and its not us or the U.S., its for corporate America and that's it.

The presidents one and only job is to screw up just enough that we continue to accept worse and worse choices, till we are all at the "at least hes not that guy" Attitude.

It allows us to feel like we did something about the problem when we Kick him out or his party, of the office. Its like a cross walk button (in many major cities they do nothing and traffic is timed by computer, its only purpose is a stress reliever for the pedestrian waiting) the only purpose is to keep you from actually doing something about the issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

And all the while he Continues the Wars , Continues the bail outs, He continues the encroachment on our rights and gives us this abortion of a health care system.

And you know which of the above I hear most people complaining about in my day to day? Obama Care.

The big fat red headed step child that keeps screaming look at me, look at me, and ignore that Obama is just more of the same for the past 30 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I notice a lot of the Obama supporters condemn the Rep. and yet Obama is carrying on with a lot of Bush's policies.
The joke is actually on them

Ah, the fun and sadness of politics.

Obamacare is a farce that should have never been passed until it was tweaked and reviewed before it was passed.
Talk about doing something azz backwards.
Pass something to see what's in it. Okaaaaay......

And now the Dems want exemption from it.
Now doesn't that set a fine example of encouragement.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by benrl

Obamacare? Of course it's his fault. Some things a President owns and Obama was the gleaming proud parent for this one. Him and Pelosi. Momma and Pappa to a little baby demon spawn. The US Health Care system WAS among the very best in the world and for those with short memories, the news headlines are not that old where leaders from all over the world came here for their medical care when they needed critical forms of it.

The system did have some problems before Obamacare and it needed reform either way, but that is NO excuse for killing the patient on the table the way THIS beast does...and it was the cornerstone of his whole Presidency, he was happy as a clam to claim, until it started getting messy. Wait till Republicans get blamed. He'll have to find someone and that seems the standby to blame everything but an act of God, and somehow, God is their fault too sometimes.

And just imagine for a moment Wrabbit, that lets say Hypothetically, there are people in both the parties, senate and house, whose sole interest is continuing to milk the system as long as they can.

They have done some heinous things in order to satiate their greed, through lobbying they are bought and paid for (thats the start no matter what needs to be addressed) They have allowed Illegal wars, long before even Iraq.

They have sent or children to DIE on LIES, they have Violated our rights, they have bullied and alienated the US's stance abroad.

They come up with more and more diverse ways to lock up Citizens of this country, mean while they are the root problem. Allowing Gun and Drug trade from Mexico, they do nothing to stem the tide of Illegals, they do nothing but continue the problem, punting it down the field as long as they can.

Say that their greed have led to millions of lives being lost, American and otherwise. Lets say they have moved so far beyond the laws that govern this Country that they KNOW if found out they all are screwed.

So they do what they always do, Pander, they get their bases frothed up over superfluous issues to them, that get the peons angry. Mean while the over all agenda marches forward NO matter who sits the office of the president.

Lets say at some point the president sees the reality of the office, that the current system, in order to even BECOME president you need to be dirty, but guess what, you are already bought and paid for.

So what do you do, you play along, you do what you are told and you hope to hell to get out of that office ASAP, some are dumb enough to think they did well (cough bush jr) Others are slime and slick enough to go along (cough clinton)

All the while there is only one goal, KEEP the ARMED American citizen from getting pissed at the real problems.

So what are you to do, but make some of the biggest Cluster $%$# you can, so that us armed angry citizens have a target to blame, one that gets to leave every 4-8 years.

Meanwhile sitting as the Representatives of the people are Dynastic families, who have generations serving congress, from Bushes, to Kennedy.

Power does not attract the good kind of people, this, All of this, is the result of a system that rewards the greediest SOB that rises to the top.
edit on 7-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It is his fault, because he as the president didn't fought for the people that elected him hard enough, he let big private interest take his idea (that actually was copied from the Clinton era) and let them dictate the requirements of the bill, let them write down the mandate and put the working class in the hand of the insurance companies to be gouged at will

Yes I blame Obama alright.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

And all the while he Continues the Wars , Continues the bail outs, He continues the encroachment on our rights and gives us this abortion of a health care system.

And you know which of the above I hear most people complaining about in my day to day? Obama Care.

The big fat red headed step child that keeps screaming look at me, look at me, and ignore that Obama is just more of the same for the past 30 years.

Read even 1/3 of my threads or comments on ATS ?

Obamacare isn't the only thing I 'punch' the guy with.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Read even 1/3 of my threads or comments on ATS ?

Obamacare isn't the only thing I 'punch' the guy with.

Neo, you really are one of my favorite posters, I just think at times you focus far to much on a tree in a forest of problems.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join