It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Spinning UFO Inside Lightning Cloud Over L A July 19th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Not my title or video.

This is an awesome video IMO.

I am not too sure were they got the 'spinning' part from, or maybe I just missed it.

It appears to also be moving quite slow, so to me, a meteorite or asteroid would be ruled out. I also do not see any blinking lights so I do not think it could be a plane.

It could be ball lightning though, I don't know very much about it, but I didn't think it could be that big, although, something tells me we don't know everything about ball lightning...

Anyway, I thought I would bring it here to see what others opinions are on the video and see if anyone can tell what it could be.

I also looked around and didn't find the video on here yet, so if it is on here, my apologies.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Looks like someone shining a bright light into the clouds imo.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Awesome video - goes great with the Quebec footage posted earlier. Deffinately lots of lightning going on in that enviroment, this thing is too slow to be a helipcopter, to bright to be a plane.

Maybe ET was harnassing the lightning to charge up

The uploader got "spinning" because the eye sees better then the camera does. So she probably saw the object rotate or something. Its not really important anyways - nice video

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Freeze it at .24 seconds. What is that, it looks like the light came from there.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Could be a hot air balloon by the speed at which it is moving left to right and maintaining altitude. The pilot could be burning the candle.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have no clue what is causing this one. It looks like different things at different times.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Who would be dumb enough to be flying a hot air balloon with combustible gas inside of a lightning storm?

Pred...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Given that no self respecting pilot will go within 10 to 20 miles of a lighting/thunder storm I highly doubt it its a "hot air balloon or an aircraft?"

Great vid. I can't offer up an explanation to what it is, but I can eliminate an aircraft........unless they live near an airport, he was running out of fuel and had to land and had no other alternative airport to divert to?

Just a thought.

Capt

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Ooh intriguing
I'm going to ignore the sensationalized title though, the original title is just "strange light in the sky" (see link at bottom) so typical of a UFO channel to give it some dumbass hype title. With "strange light in the sky" in mind it's worth a watch.

It could be one of those weather monitoring planes, with its headlights and other funky gear on. It does seem to head into a particular cloud, move through it for a while and then out of it. Cool video clip though whatever it is
Some screens for the no-video-ers (often me no thanks to t-mobile):

(00:27)
Before it seems to be in the cloud, and one of the first clear frames - some rear light visible? Possibly just a branch in the way. With motion, it also kind of looks like it "bursts" or "explodes", in the fashion of one of those cheap fireworks.

At 00:38 it appears to flare up and emit a brighter light/beam or create a bright reflection on the cloud. Anyway 0:38 is a good moment to see in the vid version

(01:55)
Interesting view of it hanging around in some weird long cloud

(02:28)
Near lightning.

(03:07)
Something interesting occurs, it appears to leave the cloud/split into two on the far side and looks a lot like a flare/missile. Clearer to identify this in the video but here's the images:

Anyway just at that critical moment a tree blocks the view and that's effectively the end of the video, but it presumably carries on out of the cloud as a smaller point of light as it starts. Certainly has me puzzled

No-one else see this?

The original YT vid: www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-8-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Definitely nothing spinning here. A hot-air balloon won't keep the fire lit for that long unless they are trying to gain altitude. Looks like light from a parachute flare.

When a parachute flare is released, it slowly descends while traveling in the direction that the wind is blowing. The flare will also flicker as it's burning.

Parachute flares can be released from aircraft, or shot into the air by a hand-held flare pistol. And yes, it is cool as hell to shoot a parachute flare into the air to light up a cloud at night.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by phantomjack

Who would be dumb enough to be flying a hot air balloon with combustible gas inside of a lightning storm?

Pred...

Not that I would want to be inside a lightning storm...but if it is a hot air balloon, what's the combustible gas?
Did I miss something?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Haha, maybe I'm missing something, but do they not heat the air by burning gas? There has to be something burning to make the balloon rise.

Hold on, I'm googling this now.

Pred...

It appears as if the hot air baloon is fuelled by liquid propane.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-8-2013 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Could be a hot air balloon by the speed at which it is moving left to right and maintaining altitude. The pilot could be burning the candle.

Not unless hot air balloon give off lightening bolts.

What was that at .31 or .32?
edit on 7-8-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Pauligirl

Haha, maybe I'm missing something, but do they not heat the air by burning gas? There has to be something burning to make the balloon rise.

Hold on, I'm googling this now.

Pred...

It appears as if the hot air baloon is fuelled by liquid propane.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-8-2013 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

Ah, ok. I thought you meant the balloon itself was full of gas.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have been on Hot air balloons before and they use propane to heat them, but there is no way that is a balloon because from the times I have been out the pilots only give small bursts of propane to the balloon for lift.

The constant light on this one is a dead give away for not being a balloon. The fabric would melt if that much heat was applied for that long.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Um. There is no Combustible subtances in a Hot Air Balloon. Its just hot air, which is NOT flammable.

Now, if you are talking about the propane tanks, and the 100K BTU flame, thats a different question.

Besides, its too late at night to be flying a balloon anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

That simply is not true.

The balloon is vented, and is controlled by the pilot.

And yes, you can do short bursts, but you can also burn continuously to gain altitude faster.

I have crewed for several balloon teams. I know.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Given that no self respecting pilot will go within 10 to 20 miles of a lighting/thunder storm I highly doubt it its a "hot air balloon or an aircraft?"

Great vid. I can't offer up an explanation to what it is, but I can eliminate an aircraft........unless they live near an airport, he was running out of fuel and had to land and had no other alternative airport to divert to?

Just a thought.

Capt

Looks like heat lightening anyway, not bolt lightening, which means there probably was not a storm in the area at all.

Anyway, as I stated, I retract my opinion as it is much too late to be flying a balloon anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Not my title or video.

This is an awesome video IMO.

I am not too sure were they got the 'spinning' part from, or maybe I just missed it.

It appears to also be moving quite slow, so to me, a meteorite or asteroid would be ruled out. I also do not see any blinking lights so I do not think it could be a plane.

It could be ball lightning though, I don't know very much about it, but I didn't think it could be that big, although, something tells me we don't know everything about ball lightning...

Anyway, I thought I would bring it here to see what others opinions are on the video and see if anyone can tell what it could be.

I also looked around and didn't find the video on here yet, so if it is on here, my apologies.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

her reactions seem genuine.. the lightning wouldve added to the effect. unless the object did indeed cause the bright flash as it zipped off. it does seem that way.. changing to a red hue before the flash. very unique video.

elaborate hoax theory: a friend in a house a couple blocks away or so with a spotlight at home. shining it on the cloud from the ground. creating the appearance of a circular/spherical light.

cheap hoax theory: photoshop.. lol

rational theory: more undetected space rocks travelling and exploding in the atmosphere.

ufo theory: maybe this is what happens when someone reaches super saiyan level.

s&f for unique video.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Very intriguing video. Can't be called a rocket test this time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join