It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late penalty: Obama a costly talk-show fixture for taxpayers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

When it comes to late-night comedy shows, President Obama is a prolific guest, but taxpayers might not be laughing along with him.

Mr. Obama’s televised chat Tuesday on “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno in Los Angeles was his 10th appearance on a TV talk show while in office, outpacing all presidents and hosts since the days of John F. Kennedy and Jack Paar in the early 1960s.

Look Ma at my 'low' carbon footprint.

Wait what?

At $180 grand per flight hour, the cost per trip of $1.8 million bucks to have a few minutes of propaganda spinning his agenda ! !

And that doesn't include his other Air Farce One rides, must be great to be 'king' all hail the king riding around the lap of luxury off your sweat, your blood, your tears.

When I look at the cost benefit analysis of jet setting from the East Coast to the West Coast not seeing any benefit to us what so ever.

Ever since the election of the so called savior of the republic we all have been paying dearly some more than other others.

Yo Obama stay at a holiday in express for once like the real common folk do instead of hobnobbing with hollywood celebrities.

White House aides said the president uses late-night talk shows to reach an audience that doesn’t always get its news from traditional sources.

Why yes god forbid the Potus ever get asked a real question by real journalists.

Another advantage of the easygoing talk-show format is the high likelihood of softball questions from the hosts.

Obviously.

There is a thread on ATS I forget the name where Leno is interviewed saying what it is like when the Potus graces Leno with his presence.....

All Hail the King ! !

We are so not worthy of having him telling us all how to 'sacrifice' come on Obama lead by example for once.
edit on 7-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Obama might be the first figurehead president. Who's the real power? It could be that filthy Marxist Valerie Jarrett, for one.

Obama Braces Himself for Expected Terror Attack by Appearing on Tonight Show

Either the current terrorist scare that has the government closing down embassies is a hoax intended to distract us from Obama’s “phony” scandals and to remind us that the NSA doesn’t only spy on Americans, or the Entertainer in Chief is an idiot.

Its surprising how lairs like Obama are taken seriously when they insist government spending simply cannot be cut anywhere.

Except defense, of course.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
Obama might be the first figurehead president. Who's the real power? It could be that filthy Marxist Valerie Jarrett, for one.

Obama Braces Himself for Expected Terror Attack by Appearing on Tonight Show

Either the current terrorist scare that has the government closing down embassies is a hoax intended to distract us from Obama’s “phony” scandals and to remind us that the NSA doesn’t only spy on Americans, or the Entertainer in Chief is an idiot.

Its surprising how lairs like Obama are taken seriously when they insist government spending simply cannot be cut anywhere.

Except defense, of course.

That is just an out and out lie... defense is not the only thing being cut... so are Social Security checks... Veterans Benefits... non-union jobs... and pretty much everything else to anyone else that's made their way onto the Commie in Chief's "enemies list"...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Obama belongs on a talk show. Not in the White House.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Look Ma at my 'low' carbon footprint.

Wait what?

At $180 grand per flight hour, the cost per trip of $1.8 million bucks to have a few minutes of propaganda spinning his agenda ! !

And that doesn't include his other Air Farce One rides, must be great to be 'king' all hail the king riding around the lap of luxury off your sweat, your blood, your tears.

When I look at the cost benefit analysis of jet setting from the East Coast to the West Coast not seeing any benefit to us what so ever.

No worries man... just take a couple billion dollars in tax payer money and buy some "carbon credits" from Al Gore to offset all of this important travel and problem solved...

See... easy solutions to complex problems...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

"Live from Gitmo... it's Baaaaaarrrrrrryyy"...

One can only hope...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

That is just an out and out lie... defense is not the only thing being cut... so are Social Security checks... Veterans Benefits... non-union jobs... and pretty much everything else to anyone else that's made their way onto the Commie in Chief's "enemies list"..

That was sarcasm FTW.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Others that have appeared on Late Night shows was when they were a candidate, not president.

Obama is the first sitting president to appear on late shows.

President Barack Obama made history in 2009 as the first sitting president to appear on a late-night talk show, and he’s turned into quite the TV vet since then.

They claim he does it to reach out to voters *cough* but it seems more like he loves the spot light and not having to answer tough questions.

God this guy is in love with himself. :shk:

"Oh hey, Mr. President, the economy is not doing well but please, do waste tax payer's money for your selfish grandiose appearance on a late night show. Then watch yourself over and over on the DVR."

edit on 7-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SwissMarked

That is just an out and out lie... defense is not the only thing being cut... so are Social Security checks... Veterans Benefits... non-union jobs... and pretty much everything else to anyone else that's made their way onto the Commie in Chief's "enemies list"..

That was sarcasm FTW.

I guess I should have thrown in an asterisk to denote my reply was as well...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

more like a chicago bathhouse if you can believe the rumors

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yeah and no one would watch it...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, I wonder... is he required to use Air Force One for all travel? I mean, he should be able to do personal stuff while in office.

top topics

join