It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto and Big Food Pull Out the Big Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by XXXN3O

This whole issue has absolutely nothing to do with half of what some are even talking about here which shows a severe lack of knowledge in this area.

Not really, if you go back and read you can clearly see we were talking about the same thing. You really didn't have to but in and say we were talking about something else, not exactly sure what you are trying to say here.
Most of the rest of your post is just ranting that i don't really care about so im going to leave it out.

I mean if your gonna comment, at least read information on both sides before taking a stance please, for your own good and those around you or those that may read this thread with a lack of knowledge in the subject.

You are really just confusing "knowledge" with agreement, just because i don't agree does not mean i don't know. I will give you an excellent example in a sec.

I don't believe. I KNOW that this stuff is not good for you, if this pesticide would kill the fricken food you eat, its gonna kill you for crying out loud!

This whole lets label the stuff!!?? BAN IT NOW!

The organic pesticides can kill you too, should we ban those? Rotenone can cause parkinsons and is toxic, but that is organic.

If it comes across as ranting, then good because im tired of trying to politely put points across these days.

Everything we use is bad for us in some way, even the air we breathe has pollution within it that is harmful.

We should be moving forwards when possible and preventing backward steps. Anyone who thinks different has motives and to me, moving towards products that are more harmful to humans and the environment than existing ones is still more of the same stupidity in the name of profit.

Also its worth noting that I am not confusing knowledge with agreement. I know how suggestion works and you articulate yourself in a suggestive manner that confuses people with lack of knowledge who may come across this thread.
edit on 7-8-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Anyone who comes out on this thread to be against Mandatory GMO food labeling on all products in the U.S., is most definitely a suspected shill in my eyes.

Literally everyone I have asked at work, friends, family, get togethers, and even strangers all want this to be mandatory.

Serious shill action going on here. Guess you should vote for Shillary Clinton when she starts running for pres

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
People who want to hide unnatural chemistry being implemented into the food should be put in prison. They are violating the rights of others.

Rickymouse,

That is an interesting idea, I must say. Does it seem strange that other items consumers
buy are regulated by the USDA, FDA having labels that state this item contains this ..."chemical"
say....tobacco, or alcohol, even balsamic vinegar.... yet items that contain pesticides inserted into
the genetic stucture have no requirements as to testing, or labeling!

I personally think that GMO should be banned worldwide, however in the meantime
I must contend I find it really suspect that the genetic manipulations in these
transgenic crops need no testing! No testing, nothing disclosed to the public.

No testing, no labels. Something is terrible wrong with this picture.

edit on 7-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Haha, this is funny. First sentence of the first question I see on the page: "Monsanto does not give any money to government entities in order to secure approvals." That's because they ARE the government entities since they have a bunch of employees cross-working in high government positions. Dirty lying rats.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

If it comes across as ranting, then good because im tired of trying to politely put points across these days.

No, i said it was ranting becuase it was kind of off topic and had nothing to do with what i was saying.

We should be moving forwards when possible and preventing backward steps.

Really? To me it seems like this whole natural and green brainwashing crap is obsessed with taking steps backwards and to vilify all that evil technology they don't understand.

Also its worth noting that I am not confusing knowledge with agreement.

Yes you are, you clearly assumed i don't know about the topic because i don't agree with you. Its ignorance at its finest.

I know how suggestion works and you articulate yourself in a suggestive manner that confuses people with lack of knowledge who may come across this thread.
edit on 7-8-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

If i confuse people its their own fault, people who are easily confused tend to go with whatever they are told anyways.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Superhans

Organic food is cheaper!

Not its not, look at the price tags of the food. Organic is crazy expensive for no real reason other than greed, yet Monsanto is the giant greedy bad guy.

Just figure in the long term bills from all of your health problems
and Organic and Sustainable is way cheaper!

And it tastes better too!

Yet every study done cannot verrify that there is any difference in health or the taste of the two foods. Its religion, faith based garbage that does not hold up to real science.

We dont want to spend our lives funding Monsanto share holders!

And then this is where the true idiocy shines through. If you don't like monsanto, don't buy their food. Buy and eat organic. Why should everyone have to deal with these fundie organitards and their demands? If everyone really hated Monsanto they would be out of business.

:shk:

Wow... just wow... anyway Sir Shill's Alot... there are plenty of studies that show that GMO vegetables have little to no nutritional value you just don't care to look for them and I know for a fact no matter how many I site none would be good enough for you because they're from "fringe groups" so I'll save my time...

The problem the majority of people have isn't Monsanto's existence but the fact they want to put their crap in food and not have to label that it's in there and then in turn call these products "all natural" because "corn is from nature... it wasn't grown in a lab duh"...

People do really hate Monsanto... and they would be out of business... if we had a free market economy and people knew what to avoid eating... fact of the matter is we don't... they are heavily subsidized by our government and they have their own people running the FDA putting the brakes on labeling...

You do know for a fact Monsanto doesn't even serve their own crap in their own cafeterias right?

I'd ask if you're a bought and sold shill or just an idiot but I already know the answer... thanks for playing...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I think monsanto is for the people, they provide cheap food for everyone. I don't think a company that charges 4 times as much for food because it uses "less" everything and is organic is really for anyone but the wealthy. All this organic crap is based on faith based health benefits and keeping up the appearance that you can afford to spend extra money on a stupid luxury.

I'd rather buy food that is more expensive, then buy food full of poisons and pesticides.

Monsanto is for the people...? That's one of the dumber statements I've read on ATS in a while...

Why people defend this giant is beyond me. Considering they have been virtually run out of Europe... But yeah totally "for the people".

*facepalm*

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

Wow... just wow... anyway Sir Shill's Alot...

Name calling? Really? That is all you got? I see i am dealing with an intellectual here. I don't agree with you so I MUST be one of THEM lol. You people crack me up

there are plenty of studies that show that GMO vegetables have little to no nutritional value you just don't care to look for them and I know for a fact no matter how many I site none would be good enough for you because they're from "fringe groups" so I'll save my time...

oh so you have nothing is what you are trying to say right? Or studies that have not been peer reviewed by anyone but the comment section of their own website?

The problem the majority of people have isn't Monsanto's existence but the fact they want to put their crap in food and not have to label that it's in there and then in turn call these products "all natural" because "corn is from nature... it wasn't grown in a lab duh"...

All organic food is labeled organic. Why not just buy organic food and assume that if its not labeled organic it is GMO? Why force some company to label their crap when the food you want to eat is already labeled?

People do really hate Monsanto... and they would be out of business... if we had a free market economy and people knew what to avoid eating... fact of the matter is we don't..

People know about monsanto and GMO foods, they just don't care nearly as much as the hipster middle class and upper class care. Caring so deeply about the organic food is really just a privileged middle and upper class white thing. Many of the people really don't even care, just right now its fashionable to eat organic and pretend to be more natural and green than the next guy.

You do know for a fact Monsanto doesn't even serve their own crap in their own cafeterias right?

You know that was a fake news story that the easily fooled soak up because they will believe in anything right?
monsantoblog.com...
Congrats, you are one of those people!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I'd rather buy food that is more expensive, then buy food full of poisons and pesticides.

And nobody is stopping you from doing it. I don't get why people think they are forced to buy monsanto's food.

Monsanto is for the people...? That's one of the dumber statements I've read on ATS in a while...

It is for the people, cheap food that is readily available for everyone VS super expensive that is only available for the people who can afford it.

Why people defend this giant is beyond me. Considering they have been virtually run out of Europe... But yeah totally "for the people".

lol "run out of europe" you people will believe in anything won't you?
*facepalm*

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhandsl

I don't get why people think they are forced to buy monsanto's food.

They are forced to buy GMO crap foods because they DO NOT KNOW THEY ARE BUYING IT! Hello! If you have to label a can of soup that has ingredients that were processed in the same facility as eggs and peanuts, then consumers have every right to know if they are consuming GMO.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

"You people"? Are you trying to classify me into a group of people, or into a political group of some kind? Because if you are trying to say I'm some liberal or activist, you're wrong and by a long shot.

So they can provide a lot of food to a lot of people.for a cheaper price, that doesn't mean they are "for the people". The debate remains the same as it has in every Monsanto and GMO thread...

Certain GMO crops have been banned in certain countries in Europe. Believe what you want to believe, I'm not going to engage in some head beating argument on this, again...

Here's the map. Europe has regulated GMOs.

-SAP-
edit on 8-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

"You people"? Are you trying to classify me into a group of people, or into a political group of some kind? Because if you are trying to say I'm some liberal or activist, you're wrong and by a long shot.

So they can provide a lot of food to a lot of people.for a cheaper price, that doesn't mean they are "for the people". The debate remains the same as it has in every Monsanto and GMO thread...

Certain GMO crops have been banned in certain countries in Europe. Believe what you want to believe, I'm not going to engage in some head beating argument on this, again...

-SAP-

No sorry I didn't mean that. I accidentally messed with that [ quote ] box. I edited and sort of fixed my above comment.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Hollie because: screwed up quate again

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

I was responding to Superhans not you Hollie. I agreed with your post.

No worries.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

They are forced to buy GMO crap foods because they DO NOT KNOW THEY ARE BUYING IT! Hello! If you have to label a can of soup that has ingredients that were processed in the same facility as eggs and peanuts, then consumers have every right to know if they are consuming GMO.

Then buy organic, because that is what will end up happening once everything is labeled. If it says organic its not GMO, simple enough for you?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Yes into the anti-GMO group, pretty simple.

Cheap food for everyone vs really expensive food for those who can afford it. Its really the lower and middle class that can't participate in this new organic fad. But what good is a fad if it is cheap enough for the lower class to hop on to?

-SAP-

Not really banned, Monsanto pulled the applications to plant new GMO foods in many countries in Europe, they continue to grow what they have been growing and the GMO market was never really booming for them in europe anyways. They are now investing and selling seeds in the EU and they are doing quite well.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

Oh, edited to say "is that simple enough for you?"

Then buy organic, because that is what will end up happening once everything is labeled. If it says organic its not GMO, simple enough for you?

Sir, I do not have to buy my food, I grow it. All of it, including my meat. It's not that hard to do. And I have deep rooted concerns of GMO plants not even 20 miles away from my own soil. I don't want those bees and other pollinators anywhere near me. Understand? As a grower of food, I will fight this and NEVER be convinced that crap GMO corn or soy, that isn't even edible for humans until it is processed into something that has no resemblance to the plant it was derived from, ever be good for the soil and people in starving countries. That is a load of bull and everyone knows it. Even a desert can be used for food growth. If all of this means anti-GMO'ers are some sort of greenie hippies or whatever trying to start a movement, then so be it. Because in reality, it is an UNmovement. We don't want Monsanto or their spliced up seeds/plants/pesticides moving anywhere. We want them to cease. Period. In the meantime, labeling would be a giant step in killing this evil company.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Oh right stereotype someone because they don't like eating poison and pesticides, if that makes me "anti-GMO" then so be it... I just don't want to eat it, I wouldn't even feed it to my dog...

If it feeds the lower class population, fine. I don't have a problem with that. My point is I AM NOT GOING TO EAT IT. You keep repeating yourself and forcing me to repeat myself.

...again you are going to tear apart every piece of this post like every other post that people reply to and try to make your argument, when you have none. Because my argument is, I'm not gonna eat it. End of story.

Cheers!

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Cheap food for everyone vs really expensive food for those who can afford it. Its really the lower and middle class that can't participate in this new organic fad. But what good is a fad if it is cheap enough for the lower class to hop on to?

-SAP-

Not really banned, Monsanto pulled the applications to plant new GMO foods in many countries in Europe, they continue to grow what they have been growing and the GMO market was never really booming for them in europe anyways. They are now investing and selling seeds in the EU and they are doing quite well.

Right, because Europeans, unlike us American, aren't real big on food.

lol...No...It's because labeling is required!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
If monspanto crap was soo safe for human consumption and well being why are they spending millions of dollars trying to keep their crap from been label for public choice

Your on it Marg.

Here is also just something for us to ponder....
No brand name? Not only no label about pesticides, or safety....
No brand name. Odd that they hide their name on their products,
All of them Bayer, Dow, Syngenta. Its like they are hiding something....

edit on 8-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Very good points.

The exact reason why Monsanto is still allowed to produce GMOs and sell them in the U.S and elsewhere is because they have deep pockets and greedy lobbyists like money...

The old sang goes, "Money talks and bull# walks".

-SAP-

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join