It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto and Big Food Pull Out the Big Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

Originally posted by Superhans
*spoiler alert*

Monsanto wins, and in many years this religious food movement will shift to something else and everyone will forget about it.

Oh yeah, then why did they just retreat from Europe?

Yep And....More than 60 countries have laws either banning or regulating GMO products.

The United States is woefully behind !
.finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Dear Monsanto:

I have been eating organic food for months now. I work out weekly, get exercise, and drink organic juices and beverages. I am a healthy human being, with good morality. I will never touch your piece of sh* crops for the rest of my healthy life.

From;
Consumer

P.S.

Go F* yourself

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

*spoiler alert*

Monsanto wins, and in many years this religious food movement will shift to something else and everyone will forget about it.

Because the organic clone army will believe anything so long as it sounds organic.

monsantoblog.com...

the Organic crowd just loves to make up the same old stories over and over. This one about them leaving or getting kicked out of the EU comes up every year, they will also run a made up story about Monsanto feeding their own employees organic food at the company.
Its religion bro, there is nothing wrong with religion but just admit that its based in fairy tales and faith.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
gmoanswers

somebody posted this question to them;

Who is funding this website? It's unclear by clicking on the About section.
Submitted by: borgmea1 from Chicago, IL

GMO Answers is funded by the members of The Council for Biotechnology Information, which includes BASF, Bayer CropScience, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, Monsanto Company and Syngenta. Our members are dedicated to the responsible development and application of plant biotechnology.
source

and here's another Interesting question:

How much pesticide and / or weed killer gets absorbed into freshly planted GM seeds from residual amounts in the soil from previous treatments ? And how much gets absorbed by plants through roots after new treatments ? And, do end products retain any pesticide or weed killer amounts (other than washable surface amounts) that would be unsafe to humans ? Who determines safe levels if any levels do in fact exist ? And finally, are different amounts absorbed by non-GM originated plants ?
question

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

*spoiler alert*

Yep And....More than 60 countries have laws either banning or regulating GMO products.

The United States is woefully behind !
.finance.yahoo.com...

And this right here is where I say another country should intervene and come in here and start telling the US what to do for a change because they are clearly not listening to the people.

Any country who does that will earn the respect of the people.
i really feel that this is true and if a country wanted to stick it's nose in our business to give paybacks, this is the issue.

Do i look for it to happen? not really... because it already would have happened.

Look at all that Monsanto has done... hell, look at what DOW chemical has done and everybody just lets them keep doing it.
edit on 7-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Organic farmers use chemicals and pesticides too but people do not fight to see what the effects of them are and so they go unknown for the most part. So we can test GMOs time and time again to see that they are safe, organic stuff can go untested just because its organic.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If 93 percent of the public would like to see gmo labeling, I feel that it is the responsibility of the FDA to start procedures to implement it. If even sixty percent of the people wanted it, it should be done.

Everyone I know says that food should be labeled as containing gmo if it does, it is up to the people to decide if they want to eat the food. I know a lot of people who don't care if they eat it but they still think it should be labeled as a right for those who want to eat more natural foods. People who want to hide unnatural chemistry being implemented into the food should be put in prison. They are violating the rights of others. In china they are having problems with manmade eggs on the market. Is that what we will soon be coming to here in America.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Organic farmers use chemicals and pesticides too but people do not fight to see what the effects of them are and so they go unknown for the most part. So we can test GMOs time and time again to see that they are safe, organic stuff can go untested just because its organic.

do you happen to know if seeds and plants absorb any pesticides that don't get washed away ?

who 'tests' for this and who determines the 'safety' levels ?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A nefarious company that has interest in destroying a local greenspace uses similar tactics...

They offer an open house with "question and answer" sessions, and hand out lots of flyers with lots of questions to gobble up as much information from their OPPONENTS as they can.

They want to know what you're thinking, so they can do everything in their power to come out a step ahead...

Part of this website is to offer shill responses and "convert" people (the local power companies do the same things with smart meters here), but I guarantee another aspect of this website is to garner as much information as possible from you... and your questions, as anti-Monsanto as you may (and should) be.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If monspanto crap was soo safe for human consumption and well being why are they spending millions of dollars trying to keep their crap from been label for public choice of knowing what they are putting in their bodies

yeah I got it, monspanto just don't want to have one answer any time soon.

Monspanto is poison.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

and here's another Interesting question:

How much pesticide and / or weed killer gets absorbed into freshly planted GM seeds from residual amounts in the soil from previous treatments ? And how much gets absorbed by plants through roots after new treatments ? And, do end products retain any pesticide or weed killer amounts (other than washable surface amounts) that would be unsafe to humans ? Who determines safe levels if any levels do in fact exist ? And finally, are different amounts absorbed by non-GM originated plants ?
question

That is a good question. Well rather a good set of questions about pesticide laden
GMO crops such as Corn, Soy, and Canola,

I am not sure how much we can expect from a propaganda site,
however it sure will be interesting to see just how educated
the public is on this issue.

My guess: Monanto should not have underestimated the people on this one,
there are far more educated folks on the issues these days.

Thanks for the update Xue.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

And this right here is where I say another country should intervene and come in here and start telling the US what to do for a change because they are clearly not listening to the people.

This is a really good point, a pertinent issue!
The U.S. chemical companies Monsanto, teamed with Bayer and Dow and Syngenta
are so busy elated with corporate profits they are like a pesticide resistant beetle.

One of these days, that last application is going to be powerless to stop
the resistance. People are far too smart these days, I give them credit!

Other countries have shut the door, the U.S should too!
edit on 7-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

do you happen to know if seeds and plants absorb any pesticides that don't get washed away ?

Are you talking about organic pesticides or the synthetic ones? As far as I know the organic ones do not get tested much because people assume they are safe.
As far as i know i don't believe seeds absorb pesticides

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther
Dear Monsanto:
..... I am a healthy human being

GMO answer.com Monsanto question received

....TranSlaTing ....

A.I. A healthy human being has a longer timeline to eat GMO

Suggestion as to Answer

''Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food,''
''Our interest is in selling as much of it as possible"

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Are you talking about organic pesticides or the synthetic ones? As far as I know the organic ones do not get tested much because people assume they are safe.
As far as i know i don't believe seeds absorb pesticides

This whole issue has absolutely nothing to do with half of what some are even talking about here which shows a severe lack of knowledge in this area.

Stronger and more effective pesticides were developed (roundup is one to mention) that are far more effective than previous pesticide products.

The more effective products killed not only insects but the actual plants they were meant to protect which obviously posed a problem.

Monsanto then changed the genetic structure of the seeds to give them an immunity to the poison (stronger pesticide) that is sprayed over those crops. This poison is so strong, that when fed to animals it does not break down in their bodies. Human beings eat animals that are slaughtered and this poison although in small amounts is within any GMO foods or food fed by the feeding materials sprayed with stronger pesticides.

Now that on its own, is just a simplified version. Monsanto has patented their pesticide product range but not only that, they have patented their own GMO crops. There are farms being shut down that are non GMO because a few seeds of this GMO crop have blown downwind into farms that are not meant to use the monsanto seeds.

I mean if your gonna comment, at least read information on both sides before taking a stance please, for your own good and those around you or those that may read this thread with a lack of knowledge in the subject.

I don't believe. I KNOW that this stuff is not good for you, if this pesticide would kill the fricken food you eat, its gonna kill you for crying out loud!

This whole lets label the stuff!!?? Why is this even being allowed to be discussed, its simple! BAN IT NOW!

I hate labels, this whole "Organic" "Non-Organic" just means cheap or expensive to consumers in the public domain, it says nothing of value when it comes to what you are actually eating. If its going to be labelled is should be labelled "BAD". Keeps it easy to understand.
edit on 7-8-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by manicminxx
A nefarious company that has interest in destroying a local greenspace uses similar tactics...

They offer an open house with "question and answer" sessions, and hand out lots of flyers with lots of questions to gobble up as much information from their OPPONENTS as they can.

They want to know what you're thinking, so they can do everything in their power to come out a step ahead...

Now this....this is a very razor sharp insight into the idea behind a propaganda
campaign....especially a campaign financed by the biggest corporate
chemical "monsters" there could ever exist!

My thoughts:

Chemical companies producing food, how novel!
Chemical companies producing pesticides...now there is a curious thing.

They are up against a huge backlash from the public, and increasing
coverage even from the MSM news outlets. My even some
articles concerning how Monsanto is controlling the USDA!
Not to mention that word is getting out that GMO is not
proven safe as it was previously presumed!

So, they finally decide to use the power of social media, and harness
the greatest opposition they have: the voice of the people!

Yes, that is why they want to know what your questions are:
an effective premtive stike

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

This whole issue has absolutely nothing to do with half of what some are even talking about here which shows a severe lack of knowledge in this area.

Not really, if you go back and read you can clearly see we were talking about the same thing. You really didn't have to but in and say we were talking about something else, not exactly sure what you are trying to say here.
Most of the rest of your post is just ranting that i don't really care about so im going to leave it out.

I mean if your gonna comment, at least read information on both sides before taking a stance please, for your own good and those around you or those that may read this thread with a lack of knowledge in the subject.

You are really just confusing "knowledge" with agreement, just because i don't agree does not mean i don't know. I will give you an excellent example in a sec.

I don't believe. I KNOW that this stuff is not good for you, if this pesticide would kill the fricken food you eat, its gonna kill you for crying out loud!

This whole lets label the stuff!!?? BAN IT NOW!

The organic pesticides can kill you too, should we ban those? Rotenone can cause parkinsons and is toxic, but that is organic.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Yeah they are even using a known poster on ATS to further their agenda of world domination and destruction of mother earth.

Your telling me phage is a paid shill?

Regardless, the people are winning, becoming informed, fighting back, choosing to avoid corn, soy, alfalfa, msg, aspartame, sucralos, vaccines, home schooling is on the rise, gardening is on the rise, petitions are on the rise, protests on the rise, more people reading labels, more countries saying NO to gmo/monsatan crops.....

Things are loking up my brothers and sisters.......if we can just stomp on the NECKS of Monsatan, Dow, and Dupont GMO branches and put some kind of legal end to them once and for all, that would be a beautiful thing. Like some sort of World-Wide class action law suit using every Attorney from every country on Planet earth, with a $5 donation from every human being!!!! Imagine that.....

Crush these devils!!!!!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join