It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When people realize their government does not care...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
will they start to realize that otehr institutions such as family and religion mean more than an institution run by psychopaths?

Why government people are more likely to suffer from psychopathy: www.youtube.com...

I find it odd that there are people who really do project the ideals of God and family onto government. The government is at best a referee or entity to protect people from external threat or to maintain infrastructure projects that private people could never produce. Yet today we expect government to do all, to feel all and to better all. However we have to keep in mind what kinds of people are attracted to any institution that offers such power.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
With the internet, and free access to information, gaining skills and knowledge is based on abilities and effort, not some corporate schemes, so why not channel that?

I think that being dependent on the government is dangerous... at the same time, though, there has to be some structural way to survive and make money.

I'm thinking about returning to the age of the middle-class and small businesses - possibly including guilds - with the internet this is entirely possible, I am setting up an L.L.C. for my band, in fact, creating entertainment as a product.

Both my grandpa's and my dad were doctors, and my grandparents worked in an age where having a private practice was the way to go, and they really enjoyed their work and got to care about their patients - make house calls, and such.

These days, due to government interference, doctors are hardly ever able to have private practices and have to join up with mega-hospitals or clinics. This centralizes control, which needs to be decentralized.

Another example of an opportunity for small business growth at the current time is the indie gaming industry.
edit on 7-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Government is the new 'acceptable' religion.

It should be the source of morality.

It should be the source of justice.

It should be the source of 'benevolence'.

It and it's 'Preachers' must be worshiped.

They are the light and the way,.

They are the resurrection, and the life.

True they don't care, but the 'true beleivers' will not falter, they will not fail, they will never yield until everyone is subservient to them.

We exist in service of government that is our only function.

That's why I will forever, always, be the infidel.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've never met anyone that thinks government is the solution for everything. I've never met a Marxist. I've certainly met people that are very tolerant of social functions allocated to government. I've met informed and uninformed people.

Lately I've encountered a number of people on-line that are what I would consider to be extreme. These extreme types project their outlook on everyone else. Ironically, they imagine that whomever they are focused on is as extreme as they are. It's a delusion though.

Government doesn't care? so what? It's when the government considers you the enemy that we will have a big problem. When they sufficiently catalyze "us" and "them" it will be a very big problem.

new topics

top topics

join