It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I helped peel a kid off the side of a lorry (truck) today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi guys

I was gonna post this in rant but I've just started calming down and feel I'm in control enough to post it here

On my way to work I was directly behind a guy that tried to floor his car to beat a truck through a junction

Any sane person could see it was a no brainer but floor it he did

He was still accelerating as he hit the truck, his son went straight through the windscreen ............ it wasn't pretty. As an ex army medic of course I stopped. Made the situation as safe as possible and ran like the devil was chasing me back to the scene.

I'm not going into detail but the kid was a mess, I've seen better looking bomb victims

The dad was still alive and I was torn as to whether to punch his lights out or help, I don't have it in me to be violent any more so I held him as still as I could until the ambulance and police arrived.

Just please ....................... please........................please

Make sure your kids are wearing a seatbelt and secure when you drive

Just in case

Cody *Sigh*
edit on 7-8-2013 by Gazrok because: most of us Yanks have no idea what a "lorry" is....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Pretty upsetting to see that no doubt. Just because your a army medic doesn't mean your immune to the tragic consequences in front of you I would imagine.

Incidentally, its good you played it cool with the father. I imagine his beating is already in full force anyhow with the outcome. Pity him for the pain he will carry for the rest of his life.
edit on 7-8-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

That sounded horrific. It just takes a moment of stupidity to put your life or a loved one in danger. If the father survives, he's going to have a living hell. We all can do stupid things in life, but most of the time it doesn't result in a death of a loved one.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Wow that really sucks man.

Thanks for stopping to help though.

I agree with you we need to continually remind people how important seat belts are.
Also we need to remind the "adults" that speeding is dangerous and deadly, although that probably won't make much a difference it's worth trying.

This may seem "basic" but it's one of our main killers these days.
Click it and keep the speed down.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ouch
doesn't surprise me though with people these days as they're told their cars are safer than ever and if its like here the kids are off from school so you have parents probably trying to just save a few moments so they can hand the poor darlings over to someone else to look after while they head to work and with the modern gotta get....gotta get...gotta get mentality its always going to cause these sort of things
some of the driving i do see on the roads today does make me wonder how they got their licenses

anyway best thoughts to you and hope you can get some sleep tonight

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Bless you Cody.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

I'm not going into detail but the kid was a mess, I've seen better looking bomb victims

Cody *Sigh*
edit on 7-8-2013 by Gazrok because: most of us Yanks have no idea what a "lorry" is....

I know I don't need to tell you about shock, but be sure to take some time for yourself to process what you experienced. You may be in shock and not even know it. I have a friend who is an experienced First Aid instructor who is always coming upon accidents. He is always telling me stories about how he often times is in shock after a traumatic experience. I hope you have support and suffer no ill effects from the accident you came upon. Be gentle with yourself. But like I said you prolly don't need to hear this from me.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm not preaching guys

I'm pleading

Those few seconds and few minutes of arguing could save you a lifetime of anger and regret

I need to sign off and have a cry and tell Mrs C I love her again.

It just caught up with me again

Take care, turn to your loved ones, hold them, look them in the eye and tell them you love them

You'll never regret it

Cody

edit on 7/8/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Take care, turn to your loved ones, hold them, look them in the eye and tell them you love them

You'll never regret it

Cody

We need to say this every day.
It's the one and only thing that matters in life.
Each other.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that Cody. As someone who has had a disaster with a van wreck i know the feeling well. Peace to you friend

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I need to sign off and have a cry and tell Mrs C I love her again.

It just caught up with me again

Dude, these are shock symptoms. I hope your loved ones know this.
Best wishes kind sir.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

...what a horrific story.
Here's hoping against all likelihood that you sleep okay tonight.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Hi guys

I was gonna post this in rant but I've just started calming down and feel I'm in control enough to post it here

On my way to work I was directly behind a guy that tried to floor his car to beat a truck through a junction

Any sane person could see it was a no brainer but floor it he did

He was still accelerating as he hit the truck, his son went straight through the windscreen ............ it wasn't pretty. As an ex army medic of course I stopped. Made the situation as safe as possible and ran like the devil was chasing me back to the scene.

The dad was still alive and I was torn as to whether to punch his lights out or help, I don't have it in me to be violent any more so I held him as still as I could until the ambulance and police arrived.

Just please ....................... please........................please

Make sure your kids are wearing a seatbelt and secure when you drive

Just in case

Cody *Sigh*

Jesus Christ dude....i am sorry to hear about that.

I have stopped to render my untrained aid a few times for wrecks. The sense of doom you have as you run upon a vehicle....worry that an unrestrained child might be in there.....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am so sorry you had to go through that my sweet friend.
Hugs! That poor kid! The father will never forgive himself. My sympathies to the rest of his family.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I hear you cody

I used to be in the fire brigade and lived at the station for 6 years that served approx 20k of population in a town, which also included repond to vehicle accidents many times by myself, some were absolutely horrific that still 25 years down the track I can not forget.

Thoughts and prayers to you and those affected.

Just recently my best friends brother and his wife went for a night out at a pub and had a few too many drinks so he decided to take the back way home which was on gravel roads, he lost control and roll it, he died and with the car still on its roof he was on top of his wife who had a broken back, it took 7 hours for a car to discover her, she is now a quadriplegic who has three young children.

Life can be gone in an instant and whats worse is taking someone else's through poor decisions.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My friends

Thank you.

Each and every one of you for your kind words

I think I was still in shock when I wrote that.

I've just got off the phone with the police and they told me the father is going to make a full recovery (physically) at least

I'm going to buy some flowers on the way to work from a petrol station on the way, lay them at the scene and say a little prayer for the boy, I know your thoughts will be there along with mine.

Again thank you my friends, if you do nothing else today, tell someone you love them.

Cody

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hi Cody,

Sorry for being so late on answering your extremely touching words but as you know i was unwell for the past 2 days.

After being a victim along with Mrs R of a horrific car crash back in the 90s because of a few seconds of the driver in front of us thinking he was being a clever wit, i can sincerely feel what you felt yesterday...

Now you know why, when you came to France that i drive so carefully!

I am glad that you kept your cold rather than beat that guy to pulp... he has all of his life to be punished now... and he will...

But how sooooooooo sad and upsetting that his innocent son had to be the one who took the brunt end...

Life continues, make the most of it Cody, and my invisible memory hat goes off to you for your sincerity, kindness and just plain humanity.

Friendship and respects

Rod

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
God bless you, Cody. I could not imagine witnessing something as horrific as that. I pray you are comforted during this time.

And God bless the little guy who lost his dear life simply because his father felt he really needed to save himself 15 seconds. So, so sad.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanks Rod

Luckily I wasn't wearing my memory hat at the time.

There is a part of me that want's to visit him in hospital

But I fear it would be for the wrong reasons, you know me personally now and know who I am.

I think I'll leave it

Thanks for your kind words mate

Cody

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
God bless you, Cody. I could not imagine witnessing something as horrific as that. I pray you are comforted during this time.

And God bless the little guy who lost his dear life simply because his father felt he really needed to save himself 15 seconds. So, so sad.

Thank you jeramie

I have the most amazing wife. She sat with me last night and just held me and wiped the tears away

ATS is an incredible network of friends that gathered around and did the same

I could be on a desert island and never feel alone as long as ATS was with me. I stopped on the work today at the scene and laid some flowers, it just didn't seem enough. So at work I made a little cross (I'm a carpenter) and carved on it

I never knew you little fella........................ Across the lateral

and............ May God hold your soul to His heart. Cody......................... down the vertical

I planted it along with an acorn, a mighty Oak might just grow from it

Cody

<<   2 >>

join