It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spoiled thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Im sorry this enemy is its own worst enemy.
say what you want to defend Islam if the ideology spawns thisa something is wrong with it.

www.cphpost.dk...
Soory not quite used to so much retentivess

[edit on 10-11-2004 by KAOSKTRL]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I think the title of this thread is inapprporiate and offensive.

Additionally, my feelings are that judging from the content, there is a little confusion on your part as to exactly who the "enemy" really is.

This guy is obviously spewing garbage much like other fundementalist religious leaders do. Nothing new. Were he in Detroit or Topeka, this would be news.

Tell us a little more about what you think, instead of a big cut and paste.

BG

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KAOSKTRL
say what you want to defend Islam if the ideology spawns thisa something is wrong with it.

Soory not quite used to so much retentivess

(Written after KAOSKTRL's edit)

This has nothing to do with retentiveness, it concerns Denying Ignorance

My problem with the title concerned the manner in which you implied that women should get ready to "pull a peace train". Rape is neither a joke nor anything to make light of.

As for my defending Islam, you cannot blame the entire ideology for the actions and words of a few. Just as I cannot blame Christians as a faith because of what those nitwits Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson say. (I refuse to cite atrocities committed in the name of God, as this has been covered ad-nauseam.)
Islam is not our enemy, but rather the people doing horrible things under the pretense of religion.
The more people buy into your way of thinking, the longer and bloodier this will be. Only through tolerance will we see any sort of hope for peace.
Think about it.

BG

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You just keep denying your own ignorance that seems to be theamatic around these parts
from the 911 report

Thus our strategy must match our means to two ends: dismantling the al
Qaeda network and, in the long term, prevailing over the ideology that contributes
to Islamist terrorism.

page 22 of 31 of 911 summary

news.bbc.co.uk...

In addition to making anticipated findings on the 2001 plot and recommendations for homeland security, the commission offered a series of foreign policy prescriptions to correct what it suggests is an unbalanced global strategy. The effort is to shift the government away from focusing on what the report calls a "generic evil," and toward a more precise definition of the threat.

The report argues that the nation's enemy consists of two parts: al Qaeda -- a stateless network of terrorists that is "weakened but continues to pose a grave threat" -- and a radical ideological movement in the Islamic world that "is gathering and will menace Americans and American interests long after" Osama bin Laden is gone.

"The enemy goes beyond al-Qaeda to include the radical ideological movement inspired in part by al-Qaeda that has spawned other terrorist groups," the report said. It calls not only for the dismantling of al-Qaeda but an ideological battle against fundamentalist Islam.

One entry found for fundamentalism.
Main Entry: fun�da�men�tal�ism
Pronunciation: -t&l-"i-z&m
Function: noun
1 a often capitalized : a movement in 20th century Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching b : the beliefs of this movement c : adherence to such beliefs
2 : a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles
- fun�da�men�tal�ist /-t&l-ist/ noun
- fundamentalist or fun�da�men�tal�is�tic /-"men-t&l-'is-tik/ adjective

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KAOSKTRL
The report argues that the nation's enemy consists of two parts: al Qaeda -- a stateless network of terrorists that is "weakened but continues to pose a grave threat" -- and a radical ideological movement in the Islamic world that "is gathering and will menace Americans and American interests long after" Osama bin Laden is gone.

Main Entry: 1rad�i�cal
Pronunciation: 'ra-di-k&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin radicalis.
3 a : marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional : EXTREME b : tending or disposed to make extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions c : of, relating to, or constituting a political group associated with views, practices, and policies of extreme change d : advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a political state of affairs

How does one come to the conclusion that these people represent Islam??

BG

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
"The enemy goes beyond al-Qaeda to include the radical ideological movement inspired in part by al-Qaeda that has spawned other terrorist groups," the report said. It calls not only for the dismantling of al-Qaeda but an ideological battle against fundamentalist Islam.
by studying Islam, that is how.
Mohammed was a murderous pedophile with a taste for torture and multiation he was a thief and a liar
And according to the Quran he is a model for muslim to follow.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What in the world is this thread about?
Judging by the subject, does it need to be trashed or what?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You can lock it down if you want but me and beer are having a nice chat,
I changed the title of the thread in a snit.

new topics

top topics

join