It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

"The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."

Wonder if he is talking about Hastings there ?

POTUS said government surveillance is a "critical component to counterterrorism." But, he said, he knows that the surveillance programs have "raised a lot of questions for people."

"We don’t have a domestic spying program. What we do have is some mechanisms that can track a phone number or an email address that is connected to a terroritst attack...That information is useful."

Don't listen to those voices that warn you about government tyranny

So I am more likey to die in a car accident(Michael Hastings) than I am a terrorist attack eh?

So why close all those embassies, and travel alerts?

We don't have a 'domestic spying program' ? ? ?

We don't ? ?

There is your POTUS Americans taking us all for fools.

Yes We Can lie all they want no worries they won't be held accountable for it.

edit on 7-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
He's right technically...we Brits spy on you and you spy on us....so technically everyones spying on foreign nations meaning that its technically above board

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I heard that, and my first thought was.

%^*( Him.

If that's true fine,

I got an idea, they don't have a domestic spying program?

Lets take up a fund to higher a reporter, to do the following.

Purchase fertilizer, gun powder, pressure cookers etc.

Than have him come on here and make a rant on the president.

Lets see how fast the non-existent domestic spying program works.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah right, and I own a talking dog.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Technically speaking he is lying:

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 ("FISA" Pub.L. 95–511, 92 Stat. 1783, 50 U.S.C. ch. 36) is a United States law which prescribes procedures for the physical and electronic surveillance and collection of "foreign intelligence information" between "foreign powers" and "agents of foreign powers" (which may include American citizens and permanent residents suspected of espionage or terrorism).[1] The law does not apply outside the United States. The law has been repeatedly amended since the September 11 attacks.

en.wikipedia.org...

But Obama says, 'We don't have a domestic spying program'.

We clearly do.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The sad thing is, a lot of people will simply believe his BS, asking their spouse in the next heartbeat:

"When's the next series of America's Got Talent?"

Obama should go on it as world's most talented BS-monger.

edit on 7-8-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: trying to make my comment less lame.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH!
Nothing to see here, please move along.

At the same time he's throwing tantrums against Putin for protecting the one revealing just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Yep.. Nothing illegal happening here.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The president tells Leno, "The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."
infinite wisdom there Barack !! I never would have guessed it on my own

On embassy closings:

POTUS said the U.S. was not overreacting.
I bet he's insinuating that 'stand your ground' isn't an option

But, he said, he knows that the surveillance programs have "raised a lot of questions for people."
Brilliant deduction Watson...what ever gave you THAT impression ?

"We don’t have a domestic spying program. What we do have is some mechanisms that can track a phone number or an email address that is connected to a terroritst attack...That information is useful."
well, if they track and view email and listen to phone conversations in the U.S., then it really IS 'domestic' spying isn't it ?

With the well established track record, we need to assume the opposite of just about everything he says.

Was there any mention about jobs and the economy and how all that affects the majority of citizens ?

Silence is golden, deflection is platinum.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Uh...

""The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."

Really?

edit on 7-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Screw Obama. Screw Bush too for the Patriot Act, but Obama didn't have to expand it exponentially further.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Uh...

""The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."

Really?

edit on 7-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Good spot !!

I missed it myself.

I wonder what he means ?

He slips up a lot and sometimes says what he really is thinking (as ass-backwards as it is sometimes).

Is he suggesting that terrorist attacks should be yielding more casualties ?

Was the one word "unfortunately" a subtle hint to get 'prepared' ?

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Is he suggesting that terrorist attacks should be yielding more casualties ?

Exactly! He didn't slip at all when he added "unfortunately".

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The one thing I have learned about Obama in the five years he's been prez is whatever he says, believe just the opposite. He said this would be THE most transparent administration ever, and look what we have now! As far as the Domestic Spying Program goes, I can almost guarantee (based on what the IRS has done) that if Obama's people wanted to know what some influential Republicans are discussing and where they might be getting donations, they would NOT hesitate to find an excuse to listen in.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
The one thing I have learned about Obama in the five years he's been prez is whatever he says, believe just the opposite. He said this would be THE most transparent administration ever, and look what we have now! As far as the Domestic Spying Program goes, I can almost guarantee (based on what the IRS has done) that if Obama's people wanted to know what some influential Republicans are discussing and where they might be getting donations, they would NOT hesitate to find an excuse to listen in.

I've said the same thing many times myself.

Just think if he actually DID the opposite of what he HAS done !

What a country

edit on Aug-07-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Sounds Legit.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Fret not my fellow Americans

"The odds of a lying Potus that spies on you are a lot Higher than you are of winning the powerball tonight, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Fret not my fellow Americans

"The odds of a lying Potus that spies on you are a lot Higher than you are of winning the powerball tonight, unfortunately

THAT is ringing all the way back to Watchington D.C. !!!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program"

Whew glad he cleared that up..

Feel so much better... Good thing we can just take his word for it..

edit on 7-8-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

"The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."

It sounds as if he is displeased that terrorist attacks don't kill more people than car accidents. I know the idiots in this country will assume he meant that he is concerned about our car accident fatalities, but I wouldn't be shocked if this were a subconscious slip.

If this were Bush, people would be all over him about that. But since it's Obama, I guess we're just supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sieg Heil!
edit on 8/7/2013 by DivisiveConformity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Oh, and about the "we don't have a domestic spying program" bit...

LOL!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join