It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane to Make Emergency Landing in Philly After bomb Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
hi
just saw this breaking no info yet

I wonder what the threat was.. Will update as more info comes in

www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

A plane from Ireland is making an emergency landing in Philadelphia after a threat, according to Philadelphia police.

When the plane lands, all passengers will be taken off and screened. Luggage will be removed and screened as well

edit on 7-8-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

eta

Looks like it landed safely saw this tweet
RT @CBSPhilly: #BREAKING: A plane coming to the U.S. from Ireland ijust made an emergency landing @PHLAirport. Stay w/CBSPhilly.com for det

eta another tweet

NEW DETAILS: Bomb threat on plane from Ireland prompted planned emergency landing of plane at Philadelphia airport. - @Independent_ie

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Anyone surprised that mainstream media has not picked up on this story yet?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
Anyone surprised that mainstream media has not picked up on this story yet?

Isn't nbc philly main stream?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Just one of the many reasons I love ATS!

Best place for breaking news.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
here's a good link with all the new tweets

inagist.com...

looks like it was a bomb threat and dogs are going through the plane now

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am sure we have the diligence of agencies like the NSA/CIA/FBI for... protecting us from this incident.

See folks, all that illegal wiretapping and 4th amendment violations do protect us.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
new tweet says it was not an emergency landing
More: Plane that landed at Philadelphia airport after 'unsubstantiated' threat, police say; was not an emergency landing

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I am sure we have the diligence of agencies like the NSA/CIA/FBI for... protecting us from this incident.

See folks, all that illegal wiretapping and 4th amendment violations do protect us.

LOL, love the sarcasm! More than likely, somebody called in a bomb threat.....probably somebody within the NSA / CIA / FBI....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by benrl

LOL, love the sarcasm! More than likely, somebody called in a bomb threat.....probably somebody within the NSA / CIA / FBI....

Oh right I saw that it was phoned in... You mean the wiretapping and freedom grope are not the reason this was caught? oh darn, I guess they have to step up the stripping of our rights to catch the next one...
edit on 7-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Police and airport officials say they don’t have any specifics about the apparent threat or details about from where it may have originated.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

A bomb threat was called in to the Philadelphia Airport by an unknown male, according to sources close to the investigation who did not want to be named because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the case.

Well then they will use those NSA records to trace the call right ?

But we are safe because the TSA is stationed at the airport in Ireland ....

(June 2012)

SHANNON, Ireland — An ocean away from the United States, travelers flying out of the international airport here on the west coast of Ireland are confronting one of the newest lines of defense in the war on terrorism: the United States border.

In a section of this airport carved out for the Department of Homeland Security, passengers are screened for explosives and cleared to enter the United States by American Customs and Border Protection officers before boarding. When they land, the passengers walk straight off the plane into the terminal without going through border checks.
U.S. Security Expands Presence at Foreign Airports

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The plane has been given the all clear people, we can calm down now

looks like this was a Hoax call based on what i am reading

The FBI and other law enforcement officials met a flight from Ireland at Philadelphia International Airport on Wednesday after a bomb threat was made, but the threat was quickly dismissed.

"All is clear and the bomb threat appears to be unfounded," said Victoria Lupica, a spokeswoman for Philadelphia International Airport.

link
edit on 7-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So was Operation Shinginna Shanginna a success or not? Everything seems an operation to me these days.

new topics

top topics

join