It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 tons of highly radioactive water going into Pacific each day from Fukushima plant, says Tepco

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup
reply to post by theRhenn

u might be right. i think i read something like that too. but i think that radioactive particles can mix in with water. at which point it doesnt matter too much what difference it makes.

maybe there's a way to filter the particles out of the water. but yes i dont think that the water itself gets radiated. but contaminated with radiated particles.

Yeah, thinking the same. So it seems like they can just run a filtration system on the coolant rather than just let it run amuck. Though, I think it's an issue with ground water seeping in as well. That whole thing is just one big mess.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida

“Tepco lacks a sufficient sense of urgency for this crisis,” Shinji Kinjo, a high-level official at the country’s nuclear regulatory watchdog, said Tuesday in an interview. [...]

It would seem to me that with the Obama administration (as well as all of the government controlled American MSM) practically silent regarding the potential danger to the planet because of this, that Tepco isn't the only ones who lack "a sufficient sense of urgency for this crisis".

Maybe it's just me being overly paranoid - especially since I live on the west coast - but don't you think that a majority of the worlds governments could set aside our differences for a while and join together to fix a problem that may potentially affect all of us?
Or is Obama too busy going back and forth between vacations and his pi$$ing match with Putin over the Snowdon thing?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

You know what is funny, not really funny but sad. We have a horrible right wing element where I live and they vociferous;y make idiotic comments like: "No one died from Fukishima". and so on and so forth. They think it's like a nuke and it just wipes everyone out all at once. They don't get that this stuff is a life-changing event. They just listen to their MSM snooze and get mad about the sale they couldn't get to at Walmart. \

I don't see the "left wing" doing anything at all about it either...but on the other hand, I am awake enough to realize that the right vs left thing is just an illusion to keep the sheep too busy arguing with each other to realize that both "wings" are on the same bird. I.E.: Bush-Obama...have you honestly noticed any difference at all besides the rhetoric? Everyone "hoped" for "change" and instead got a third Bush term.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

I don't see the "left wing" doing anything at all about it either...but on the other hand, I am awake enough to realize that the right vs left thing is just an illusion to keep the sheep too busy arguing with each other to realize that both "wings" are on the same bird.

if u knew how much truth you were speaking.. ud know that that is what theyve done to the masses for spiritual understanding as well. they divided God. many then see him as some sort of bipolar fighting with himself with no benefit and give up on God.

the devil deceived the WHOLE WORLD!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
400 tons a day?

So, remind me again why the people responsible aren't promptly drawn, quartered, and hung from the lamp posts?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
National Geographic: 3 years for Fukushima contamination to reach U.S. coast, scientist estimate
Patrick J. Kiger
National Geographic News
Published August 7, 2013

A mathematical model developed by Changsheng Chen of the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth and Robert Beardsley of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute found that radioactive particles disperse through the ocean differently at different depths. The scientists estimated that in some cases, contaminated seawater could reach the western coast of the United States in as little as five years. [Ken Buesseler, a senior scientist with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution who has analyzed thousands of samples of fish from the area]thinks the process occurs a bit more rapidly, and estimates it might take three years for contamination to reach the U.S. coastline.

enenews.com...

Fukushima's Radioactive Water Leak: What You Should Know

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

But since our bodies are made up of 80% water then in theory shouldn't we not be contaminated then? lol

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

So we have 3 years to figure out how to not get directly effected on our own shores, and we have - 2 years since this happened, so we basically have a year more/less before this starts splashing up 3 miles from me on Huntington Beach? Between this, Planet X, FEMA camps, HAARP, and all the other things..there's not a snowballs chance in hell we have any reason to do anything other than love, live, and get the most out of it while we can..

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

It's to the benefit of Obama that the nuclear water crisis happens. This creates a scenario that allows for martial law when they are ready to disarm everyone, collect them and put them in the 300+ concenFEMA camps they've been building around the U.S rail system since the 80's. It takes away any work they needed to do to create a scenario for massive panic and basically gives them a time limit on when to be prepared.

If you announce these things to the public before you're ready to deal with the hectic, flip out, crazy people that are unfortunately a high percentage of the population here, then you just lose control. Ever hear of controlled chaos? that's the nickname of the U.S Government, just like Dick is for Richard, or Jim is for James.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollorex

Right on. In the last SOTUS, he said 'American's have a right to live in safe houses!'.

It was coming on strong, his manner still ebullient, and words to the effect that we need 'mold inspections' and so on.

I had only switched it on for a small dose of the lie box. It was at a stage in my life where my nerves would stop growing when the tv was on. It was great.

But I started to swoon when I saw the implied scenario....

We just effed up the entire world and now we want a little recorded trip inside your homes, homies!

I have good discernment.

I remember reading a post here that said that it was hard to concentrate on the threads because 'Hellfighters', starring Katherine Ross, was on...pretty soon the Gulf oil thing deepwater happened. It might have been the very next day. Don't know/care but it resonates with the whole rahm crisis thing. It's like, OK, We got a little problem here, but we're gonna make sure it's yours...and just now Jimmy Stewart is saying 'there's enough oil down there to lubricate the universe'.

Yeah, what you said....they love this stuff. How can we dance when we're on our knees.

# 40
edit on 12-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: it's because

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Thanks for that, however I do think you are minimizing.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Yeah, I got that. They just raise the safe rates. Just like the freaking roundup on our food.

Whatever, I am not trippin on that.

I really want to know what are the ramifications of this disaster?? So what's up? I have already laid off the lettuce and strawberries and milk, and all of the foods that are affected. Since our government isn't giving us a heads up, I would sure appreciate it, if someone knowledgeable on the subject would chime in and help us poor saps.
edit on 12-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWhiteKnight

Yeah man I hear ya, no matter what the level of tragedy that comes, someone will always see a tragedy as an opportunity. If you ever notice, Hollywood and even games come out with scary similar situations before they actually happen. On a realistic level most are obviously far fetched, but not everything can be blatant and handed to everyone lol.

Time to go search for Agartha and hope that it's real, even if it's just a fraction of the descriptions told from what I read, i'd be happy lol. Especially with the size of the meals they eat. There's a supposed entrance just north of me here where I live (Newport Beach/Huntington Beach area in SoCal) on the mountain. What the hell, I got nothing to lose right

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Apollo....I'm guessing that real estate values to the west of fukushima have soared. Just a hunch. I have read that you don't want to live in a valley, even on a mountain valley, because the stuff stops flowing, sort of accumulates there. I honestly don't know what's best.

I'm a beach girl, at heart.

We must take control of our genes, I would think. Religious or not, those machines keep us alive, or they don't. It never hurts to screen your thoughts and try to influence your physical being. And I wouldn't be surprised if psychedelia makes a big come back, starting in Japan. Remember what they were doing in the 60's? Thousands of bomb tests, anywhere there were no people, all over the place, and they used tobacco as the scapegoat. Hopefully the Japanese people will revolt, and 'legalize it' without a drop of fanfare, and as a part of the natural course of things. Without government consent, nor control.

During the last 60's resurgence, I remember swatting some spinning psychedelic disc that had come too near to me, away. It was like I walked into a flashing trinket boutique and had taken a room there. Psychedelia...It's like a mass diversion, but at least people are hopeful, happy. Love, and all. Just try to not do 'something not too bright'. Lot's of folk are still stuck on that particular control mechanism. It had good memes. Scared a lot of people, to death. They run it hard, now. Lots of ads. Movies with certain stars etc.... They don't want to let this one go, healthcare and all. Read between the lines, if you will.

It's an all out pincer move. Finding water that's not bad for us is going to be the next big ass screw. Damn.

# 41
edit on 12-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: duh

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by ressiv

Yeah, I got that. They just raise the safe rates. Just like the freaking roundup on our food.

Whatever, I am not trippin on that.

I really want to know what are the ramifications of this disaster?? So what's up? I have already laid off the lettuce and strawberries and milk, and all of the foods that are affected. Since our government isn't giving us a heads up, I would sure appreciate it, if someone knowledgeable on the subject would chime in and help us poor saps.
edit on 12-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

check these sites out, a lot of good info can be found here.

fukushima-diary.com...

www.radiationnetwork.com...

pissinontheroses.blogspot.com...

www.enviroreporter.com...

the potential ramifications are many and it will affect every living organism on our planet, in a detrimental way, for the long term foreseeable future, that's about it in a nut shell. just how detrimental you may ask, that's hard to say since radiation poisoning is cumulative and will be "accumulating" in every living organism, for decades to come.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollorex

But since our bodies are made up of 80% water then in theory shouldn't we not be contaminated then? lol

well i dont really know to be honest. i havent taken the time to study radiation as deeply as i probably should. but from what i have read, i believe it to be particles of some sort that vibrate at a frequency that is harmful to our body's operation. how they infect the water i really dont know if the particle bonds into the chemical chain of H2O, or if the particles just co-mingle among the H2O molecules? if they dont actually bond to the water equation, and im just hypothesizing.. then it might be possible to filter, shield or maybe even cancel out the harmful effects by introducing an agent that generates a frequency that cancels out particular type of radiated particles. i believe that this is the premise under which medicine works as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Water can be radioactive in two ways it can contain the radioisotope of Hydrogen called Tritium or radioisotopes can be disolved in the water. Also radiation is a release of energy/mass from an unstable atom.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join