It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abe Sanctions Government Funding To "Freeze" Fukushima With Giant Ice Wal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Abe Sanctions Government Funding To "Freeze" Fukushima With Giant Ice Wal

www.zerohedge.com

Via Spiegel (via Google Translate),

...leaked an estimated 300 tons of water per day from the damaged nuclear plant into the ocean, said a representative of the Ministry of Industry on Wednesday

The countermeasures of the operating company Tepco are obviously insufficient . The energy company has "dry walls" claims to be injected into the soil, which should be there to harden a lock. However, as the company announced on Tuesday , the water flows around the wall into the sea.

To further penetration of water into the damaged nuclear plant to prevent, is now an underg
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
OK Fellow ATS'ers, Now this is getting wackier by the minute. What Next A Super Hero Type lifting the whole mess up and throwing it into the sun. I know this article is from Zerohedge which some of our members aren't entirely Kosher with. But nevertheless, the original article seems to be from Der Spiegel a pretty decent Euro Publication..

MODERATORS, IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED BY ANOTHER MEMBER PLEASE MERGE THIS INTO THEIR THREAD AND IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM PLEASE MOVE.

Thanks for your input guys and gals and Namaste
Arjunanda

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Human stupidity, despite the fact this disaster is happening, governments around the world are still wanting to build nuclear reactors

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The whole Fukushima disaster is THE biggest cover up in the world right now.

I actually have 3 friends who moved away from the west coast after testing high levels of radiation after rainfall with ebay bought Geiger counters. Sea animals are dying on the west coast, babies being born with ridiculously high levels of thyroid problems, up 28%, the epa raised the legal limits of natural occurring radiation up to insane amounts......

This is a HUGE DISASTER and its being downplayed into oblivion while poison continues to spew into the Ocean.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Tyler Durden of Zerohedge is an unreliable source. I wouldn't believe anything from him until you see the info presented by a more reliable source.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, if radiation levels are that high on the west coast, I'm still waiting for my mutant super powers. I eat quite a bit of pacific seafood.

I think I would want laser eyes like Cyclops.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arjunanda

So...when Tepco said they built a wall, it was not really a wall just added a soil
amendment to harden the dirt? Now they want to add chemcial refrigerants and
make a frozen dirt barrier?

To further penetration of water into the damaged nuclear plant to prevent, is now an underground wall to be built from the ground is frozen to the reactor building, the Japanese news agency Kyodo reported on. To this end pipes with chemical refrigerants to promote the building of reactors 1 to 4 are laid in the ground. The thus created barrier was expected to have a length of 1.4 kilometers.

.....The construction of a protective wall of such proportions was unprecedented in the world. In order to build such a thing, the state must help the spokesman was quoted as saying.

I would say they really have NO way of containing this, it is crazy beyond imagination,
like a sci fi movie only it is real! - - - Let this be a lesson, shut these things down!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
shut these things down!

Repeat........for the ignorant out there...........

Shut these things down!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Seems like if you block the outlet to the sea you would be backing up the stuff under the landmass...not a good idea I would think.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, if this was the Fringe universe, they can just throw some amber over it...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Anything you add to this mess to try and contain it will just be another form of material becoming radioactive.

So the biggest question is, what can be done and what does this mean for the world in 20 years?

I don't understand how greed can get in the way of living in the future.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by burntheships
shut these things down!

Repeat........for the ignorant out there...........

Shut these things down!

I just read another report stating that nuclear power is one of the safest and cleanest available! Dumb! They don't even think about the leaking mess of waste in Seattle Wa or other massive dumps including illegal ones in the seas. When something does go wrong it could destroy the planet. Truth is NOT the agenda that is for sure!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Ok, believe it now then.

Plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. developed a plan to freeze soil around the reactor buildings to prevent further accumulation of toxic water.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has directed the government to use its resources to help the plant operator bring the situation under control, The New York Times reported.

Read more: www.upi.com...

Article also says Fukushima....she is flowing over right now into the sea!

There she goes, they finally admit it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I agree, but the original source seems to be Der Spiegel as I noted in The OP. Still Thank You for your input and Namaste
Arjunanda

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As i have said before.

Japan Needs Giant Robots.

Now more then ever.

Anyway. This is everywhere on the net today.
Reuters

* Fukushima leaking 300 tonnes of toxic water a day into Pacific

* PM Abe orders government to help Tepco contain toxic water

* Admission is latest blow to Tepco's credibility, cleanup efforts

* Ministry seeking public funds to deal with toxic water

* Tepco wants to freeze earth near plant to block groundwater flow

ATS Thread on Fukushima
A fine thread...
edit on 7-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I've always thought the waste should go in the sun. But then I now realize that won't work. Its not a giant fireball in the sky, the corona is hot through cavitation, cold fusion, but the sun isn't, its not what we think at all.

So that probably leaves that one out of the equation.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Personally think the answer lies in 2 ways: 1. radiation eating bacteria and fungus, and 2. reverse sine frequencies.

Not sure how the cores should be cooled off but I don't believe they can be reached, think they're heading for somewhere under the earth and have been for 2 years myself.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hey Unity, Thanks for your reply! I always have a read of your threads and posts and enjoy your insights on all sorts of subjects here on ATS (Now I'm just wondering when Phage will turn up?). Thanx Again
Arjunanda

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hey Burntheships, Yep you're right, No Barrier was ever built!! Just more Corporate Bull (we're getting a little too used to this). Yeah and now the Full Sci Fi Channel Answer, Let's add refrigerant to this mess and use lots of energy and chemicals and freeze the BeeGezzus outta this stuff. Sounds bout what a bunch of highly overpaid scammers would see as the sensible approach
Namaste Arjunada

new topics

top topics

join